Fallout 4

Caliane

If you leave cores in them they will. People bitching about it on Reddit day of settlers taking their power armor and wearing it to sleep and shit lol.
thats actually kindof awesome then.

Do they drain the fusion cores doing this?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So what has people's success with bobblehead hunting been like? No spoilers since the location info is available on the wiki,Fallout 4 Map | Interactive Map of Fallout 4 Locationsetc. Just curious about "was easy" or "got my ass kicked repeatedly and gave up" type info.

ST = about to go try to get it now
PE = trivial
EN = unknown, far away and really don't care about EN
CH = gave up for now
IN = pretty easy even before Diamond City
AG = was going to wait but Hatorade made it sound fairly simple to get
LK = too far away at the moment

Not real concerned about the others, and I only looked up spoilers for SPECIAL ones that are stopping me from taking perks. Repair was simple enough to find, as it's on the main quest path. Pretty easy to miss though unless you explore thoroughly or look it up.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Just bought the game off steam, I have a GTX 660ti which probably is on the low end for this but the NVIDIA driver keeps crashing even in rolling back the driver per Reddit. Any other suggestions? I can't even start a new game at the moment.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just bought the game off steam, I have a GTX 660ti which probably is on the low end for this but the NVIDIA driver keeps crashing even in rolling back the driver per Reddit. Any other suggestions? I can't even start a new game at the moment.
Probably not a feasible one...get a new card :p

I had a 650ti and it was the biggest pile of dog shit I have ever encountered. CONSTANT driver crashes...it was HORRIBLE. Have a 770 now and it runs like a well oiled machine.

Caliane

cant comment on the 660TI.

But I'm still using a 560ti, and it runs on medium settings. Have had a few moments of slowdown/stutter.
(358.50 driver version)

Vorph

I decided to try out theEnhanced Wasteland PresetSweetFX profile over at Nexus. As expected, it was pretty terrible like most early attempts are for every new/popular game. Dude has both SMAA and FXAA going at the same time, he's using chromatic aberration (which was added to SFX pretty much as a joke), and his sharpness is way too fucking strong. The colors were actually a nice improvement though, so I went in and turned off all the dumb shit and toned down the sharp_strength to 0.50. No need for either SMAA or FXAA when TAA is fine and doesn't fuck up all the text in the game.

Results:
Before:
O43Vag7.jpg

After:
9wCd4og.jpg

Ignore the shitty fps, it dips when you toggle SFX on and off (INS key while in game). Oh, and that is all ultra settings except for medium god rays and shadow distance.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So what has people's success with bobblehead hunting been like? No spoilers since the location info is available on the wiki,Fallout 4 Map | Interactive Map of Fallout 4 Locationsetc. Just curious about "was easy" or "got my ass kicked repeatedly and gave up" type info.

ST = about to go try to get it now
PE = trivial
EN = unknown, far away and really don't care about EN
CH = gave up for now
IN = pretty easy even before Diamond City
AG = was going to wait but Hatorade made it sound fairly simple to get
LK = too far away at the moment

Not real concerned about the others, and I only looked up spoilers for SPECIAL ones that are stopping me from taking perks. Repair was simple enough to find, as it's on the main quest path. Pretty easy to miss though unless you explore thoroughly or look it up.
Wasn't too easy but you can cheese it by sneaking into the north side of the boat closest to the water and sprinting past the boss/turrets.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
I have 660ti as well and if I turn god rays off and shadows to low I can run everything else on high. Only 2 hours in but haven't had any issues. Stutters horribly though on steam link at those settings.

xzi

Mouthbreather
My friend couldn't figure out where the noises from a Brahmin that sounded like it was being molested was coming from when suddenly

ouTirlp.jpg

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
What are my chances of playing decent on this. (Not ultra of course...)

Win 7 x64, AMD Phenom II x4 @3.3ghz (forget if thats showing it in control panel before/after a mild overclock I though was on it)
Newly replaced 8gb DDR3
Gigabyte HD7970 ghz edition (3gb)

Vorph

Probably good for high with god rays and shadow distance on medium. I have an x6 and a R290X and can do ultra no problem. Solid 55-60fps almost all the time (iPresentInterval=0 in ini and framerate capped by AMD drivers).

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I have a 660 and the latest driver, works fine, though I can only use it at "medium" settings which makes playing the game a crime against humanity. Try doing a clean install of the driver? May need to go into safe mode to completely remove it, or use a third party tool.

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Concerning the magazines and other things that give you like +5% melee damage, or harder to detect. Is it "read it once" and you have that permanently or you need to carry them on you to get them?