Fallout 4

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Beta patch disables all your mods every time you open the launcher. Either re-enable them with NMM (the hidden data menu in launcher is gone now) each time while the launcher is open but before you press PLAY, or flag %localappdata%\Fallout4\plugins.txt as read-only.

Not sure why they felt the need to fuck with that stuff. I hope they don't really think they're going to be able to stop/hinder people from using esp mods between now and whenever the hell they get around to releasing GECK (probably February unless console modding bullshit delays it).

No. Like I said previously I got somewhat lucky and a generic raider in the starting museum dropped a bladed tire iron which lasted me for a while until now where I'm using a bladed aluminum bat. I've gotten pretty unlucky that the legendary melee weapon drops so far have been low tier (boards and wrenches) so I'm just using a generic bat.
Ah, right, I forgot about your earlier comment about the bladed tire iron.

As a suggestion, I'd recommend buying General Chao's Revenge from the diner near the drive-in. I went back to get that, expecting that I would move the serrated blade off the sword I bought in DC only to find out that Chao's is already serrated. Its unique effect is +50% damage to robots which is pretty handy since melee tends to struggle a bit with robot armor. It's fairly cheap too, like 1600 caps minus CH bonus.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
New Features
Number pad keys can now be used for remapping
Huge for me. I use a Naga and fucking hate using my keyboard for anything other than direction.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Legendary Assaultron Invaders are terrifying until you realize blowing off their legs makes them 1000000x easier lol

HUH_sl

shitlord
First time fighting an assultron, underleveled, limited ammo and on survival.

Finally kill it after 5 minutes only to die in an explosion when trying to loot. "WTF was that, did I miss a grenade or a car on fire."
Reload, 5 minutes later. Dead again. "Oh it blows up 5 seconds after it dies."
Reload, 5 minutes later. "Fuck it died and cornered me into a room."
Reload, 5 minutes later. "Fuck I can't believe I forgot it blows up after it dies."
Reload, 5 minutes later. "Yay 2 fusion cells."

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
First time fighting an assultron, underleveled, limited ammo and on survival.

Finally kill it after 5 minutes only to die in an explosion when trying to loot. "WTF was that, did I miss a grenade or a car on fire."
Reload, 5 minutes later. Dead again. "Oh it blows up 5 seconds after it dies."
Reload, 5 minutes later. "Fuck it died and cornered me into a room."
Reload, 5 minutes later. "Fuck I can't believe I forgot it blows up after it dies."
Reload, 5 minutes later. "Yay 2 fusion cells."
That's what makes it so fun dude. Spending 30 minutes killing one thing in a single player game.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think next time I'm going to do a full str melee build with 1 int and idiot savant. Retard strong!
I'm actually doing that build and idiot savant doesn't proc as much as you'd think. I was talking to someone at work and he said each point of INT missing equates to about a 1% better chance (eg; 1% at max int, ~12% at lowest int.) Honestly I've gotten fewer quest turn-in procs on my 2int character (1 extra int for medic -- which honestly I don't need) than I did on my 6 int.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm actually doing that build and idiot savant doesn't proc as much as you'd think. I was talking to someone at work and he said each point of INT missing equates to about a 1% better chance (eg; 1% at max int, ~12% at lowest int.) Honestly I've gotten fewer quest turn-in procs on my 2int character (1 extra int for medic -- which honestly I don't need) than I did on my 6 int.
Hmm. We shall see then.

Sulrn

Deuces
Yeah, I've tried sitting in the pew and waiting. Tried fast traveling away, coming back, going into building zones and returning, even dragged the raider corpses out of the church, nothing works. The quest still says to secure the rendezvous point, so I'm assuming it's not registering that I've killed the raiders for some reason. I thought maybe one was stuck under the world, but I killed two and that's all I've read that there is.
I had 2 outside, 3 inside (first floor) 1 on the roof. Quest didn't update until after I waited.

The hard part is remembering to run the fuck away after they die.
The first time I died because I thought it was instantaneous and ran into after I thought it was safe. Everyone I killed after that never blew up (which made a big difference in the Battle of BHD-Quincy).

Before I uninstalled. I started a second game to test my Steam Link. In the hour of testing I did I was getting regular procs at int 4. Never got it to trigger on a quest turn in, but everything else it felt like a 1/5 chance (which was fun with grenades on bug clumps). I think if you go rank 2/3 for the trigger bonus for a period of time you could make up the difference fairly easily.

colossalFISH

Silver Knight of the Realm
So I've been playing for like 20-25 hours and only just realized you can peek around/above cover with your aimed gun. Ultra fail.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
There are three, I just did it a few minutes ago.
Wonderful. Is there any way to kill shit stuck under the world if you're not using a PC? I tried fat manning the fuck out of the area in case I couldn't see it or something but no luck.

Caliane

Lame. Guess I bugged out 99% of Vault 81 by turning around and getting the cat immediately. locks you out of all the quests there.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
eoi0mEl.gif

Cybsled

Sentrybots are so easy once you put at least one point in the penetration perk. 1) Equip nice sniper rifle 2) use vats 3) target fusion core 4) nuclear launch detected