Fallout 4

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I just crit them in the torso with my gauss rifle, even a non-legendary one-shots them.

Wonderful. Is there any way to kill shit stuck under the world if you're not using a PC? I tried fat manning the fuck out of the area in case I couldn't see it or something but no luck.
Not that I know of. You need to reload a savegame from before you loaded that cell, hopefully the second time they will spawn correctly. If that's not an option, resting at a far away bed for 3(?) days might reset it.

Sulrn

Deuces
I never had anything stuck below ground, but when I needed to "fix" glitched NPCs I always just gun bashed them into position. Turn on no clip and go ground swimming?

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Oh man today i got bind camped by my companion.

Minor Plot spoiler!

4 factions in this game, the game forces you to betray some, so i turned on the Brotherhood. Finished the quest. Ported back to Sanctuary, checked my PB and autosaved. then guess who then decided to tell me they did not approve of my quest choice.?? Oh Hai Palidan Danse my old pal. He then proceeds to laser rife me in the face I die and pop up right in front of him for another laser to the face. No time to load SOW/SNARE or Evac to GFAY ! I had to kite him around a house for a bit before i took him near my power armor carport and then the tide turned....he hits like a truck.... so i go to loot his phat armor and he also had a Syth component .....

khorum

Murder Apologist
I've been installing mods manually so far and now I find myself wanting to uninstall some lol. What's the big mod manager out now? NMM?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm probably late to the party but apparently there are three tiers of each armor:
Fallout 4 - Album on Imgur

I thought I noticed that when two equivalent pieces of combat armor had different weights (except one was left the other was right).

I don't know what the armor differences are.

Everyone agrees that the armor all looks terrible right? And that the synth armor is the worst? It looks like someone glued hunks of toilets to you. I usually don't care about armor mods in games that much but at this point I'd just want to say fuck it and make my character permanently mod this in with my current armor stats:
Nightingale Prime HD at Skyrim Nexus - mods and community
28899-5-1356471635.jpg

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I need this in an MMO. And not just any MMO. An MMO where you troll your enemies and then when they try reporting you for that sign, the GMs are like"If you don't like it, sack up and go do something about it".

I'd be one enthusiastic sign-making motherfucker.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I'm probably late to the party but apparently there are three tiers of each armor:
Fallout 4 - Album on Imgur

I thought I noticed that when two equivalent pieces of combat armor had different weights (except one was left the other was right).

I don't know what the armor differences are.

Everyone agrees that the armor all looks terrible right? And that the synth armor is the worst? It looks like someone glued hunks of toilets to you. I usually don't care about armor mods in games that much but at this point I'd just want to say fuck it and make my character permanently mod this in with my current armor stats:
Nightingale Prime HD at Skyrim Nexus - mods and community
28899-5-1356471635.jpg
I use piecemeal armor pieces for stat buffs and damage reductions over a vault suit. Looks good to me overall.

The differences between armor tiers is best seen in the armor crafting menu imo. Theres like five or six tiers for power armor pieces.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
God damn faggots. Don't ruin my immersion.

Post apocalypse. Folks aren't running around in ballistic yoga pants. Early Fallout/Wasteland had it best. Football pads and helmets are about the best armor you can ever find, bullets are rare. Sharpening things and using rubble and debris as blunt objects? Not so rare. In terms of death rates, getting shot falls somewhere around #92-94 between radscorpion AIDS and being enslaved by a gay Super Mutant. You're far more likely to die from a million other violent deaths before someone wastes a bullet on you. Armor should never, ever, ever, ever look clean or 21st century functional.

tl;dr The armor only looks like shit if you're not expecting Fallout.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
counter point:
GsvWbHa.png

Besides that, you really can't tell me that the Brotherhood of Steel, Institute, NCR, Enclave etc don't have the resources to make some badass light armor that is better than mounting a few pieces of scrap metal to themselves.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
also to hell with your immersion, can't wait for a super agile power armor:
46669-1-1339888967.jpg

and 40k armor

Fallout3OBS--article_image.jpg

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
If loot was actually scarce I'd be ok with looking raggedy ann but it isn't. In fact I come out with far more shit than both me and my companion can possibly carry in every single building I zone into and leave just as much behind.

I don't mind the vault suit with baseball pads. That should certainly be an option. However the way they layer certain pieces but not others doesn't make a ton of sense there should of been more options if that was the way they wanted to go.

Personally, I greatly enjoy these games but I've grown weary at how ridiculously easy it is to find stuff in the more recent installments. Fallout 4 being the most ridiculous in that regard.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
counter point:
GsvWbHa.png

Besides that, you really can't tell me that the Brotherhood of Steel, Institute, NCR, Enclave etc don't have the resources to make some badass light armor that is better than mounting a few pieces of scrap metal to themselves.
See, thats the theme I have going on, but mine is way more piecemeal looking. Large right shoulder pad, small left arm bracer type deal, etc. They all have really decent stats though.

I think all falliut armor besides power armor looks better when its less symmetrical, more piecemeal.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
it all looks bad, I miss the NCR ranger armor. Here's one image that's way too small and one that's way too big.
NCR_Ranger_combat_armor.png

56969-1-1410302001.jpg

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
NCR ranger armor is iconic.

They had a route by which to bring one set of it east and missed that opportunity.

It is the best looking armor by far.

Sulrn

Deuces
God damn faggots. Don't ruin my immersion.

Post apocalypse. Folks aren't running around in ballistic yoga pants. Early Fallout/Wasteland had it best. Football pads and helmets are about the best armor you can ever find, bullets are rare. Sharpening things and using rubble and debris as blunt objects? Not so rare. In terms of death rates, getting shot falls somewhere around #92-94 between radscorpion AIDS and being enslaved by a gay Super Mutant. You're far more likely to die from a million other violent deaths before someone wastes a bullet on you. Armor should never, ever, ever, ever look clean or 21st century functional.

tl;dr The armor only looks like shit if you're not expecting Fallout.
The game is literally filled with loot pinatas. 60%+ of the game is bashing those pinantas into mush and taking the stuffing. Explain to me why there is no functional leather/rawhide armor besides strapping belts across yourself like Lulu. Why am I not wearing supermutant hide over my Vault Suit. Why am I not wearing bracers with radscorpion barbs tied on? Why can I not create a single base item from scratch unless it fits in the Aid category or explodes? I can make bows and arrows from pvc and steel, Tuco can make bumpers, Johdi can make salt lick - you're telling me no one in the post apocalypse is capable of tying or bolting a few things together that doesn't look like you're trying to bust out of a water main? THAT is immersion breaking. 200 years from the bomb drop is plenty of time for someone to learn how to sew and tie twine and make carapace/hide armor.

Your argument is based off the idea manufacturing is done and gone. Obviously with as much raiders enjoy squatting in corvega that's obviously not true as the building and equipment is still there. Not to mention the factions that privatized their own supply lines. Itemization in this game is mediocre. There's no point in defending that by saying 'armor only looks bad if you're bad'. There's nothing about the armor sets in this game that says Fallout over generic wasteland-design with developers conserving resources to expand other areas.

tl;dr, blame the devs for ruining your immersion with that hot pink Barbie power armor paint job

maxresdefault.jpg

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not even mods can fix synth armor. The best you can do is color the base tier black and pretend it's not there.

Sturdy combat armor is the only set I like at all really.
frJ0fxC.png

Praetorian

Golden Knight of the Realm
Not even mods can fix synth armor. The best you can do is color the base tier black and pretend it's not there.

Sturdy combat armor is the only set I like at all really.
frJ0fxC.png
Is that Fo4 or EQ with the Luclin graphics turned on? No joke, I'm not sure.