Fallout 4

iannis

Musty Nester
I read that they took out special.

I dunno how you have fallout without special. That's basically just Skyrim with rad scorpions.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
I read that they took out special.

I dunno how you have fallout without special. That's basically just Skyrim with rad scorpions.
Looks like stats are still there, but skills may be gone; so an odd reversal of what they did with Skyrim.

iannis

Musty Nester
Well, true, they still have stats so technically they still have special. But it's the skills and pipboy perks that made special special to me. Not just Str / Per / End / Cha / Int / Agi / Luck.

That's the core of fallout gameplay. You could say it's the story and you're not wrong, but I mean the nuts and bolts how you interact with the story. I understand they have to reimagine. But new isn't always better. It usually isn't.

I MISTRUST AND FEAR CHANGE

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
I actually prefer the Fallout 4 "theme" much more than Fallout 3. From the demo, the world feel brighter and more colorful than Fallout 3. I know i know it is a post-apocalyptic world, I still don't like "grim darkness theme" too much.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I could never play Fallout 3 or NV withoutFellout. It gets rid of the green filter in 3 and improves the weather and lighting effects overall in both games, without making them look like Oblivion in the process. Hopefully the guy does the same for 4 as well.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So who here is excited about the building stuff?

I'm kind of non-chalant about it for a few reasons:
1. I don't know what the purpose of building a little home is and how it integrates it with the gameplay. At its core Fallout is all about being a nameless wanderer encountering the world and being involved in other people's stories. I don't want to settle down and be a permanent fixture in them.

2. I feel like the system won't be open enough to be that enjoyable. I don't want to spend time making a cute little house unless it has enough freedom to have depth.

3. From the video I feel like all I can do is scavange resources from some shitty ruins and then build another shitty ruin. I feel like if I want to stake into the ground and make a community I want to do better in some way.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Anyone else notice that a lot of the buildings don't have loading screen doors on them? Is it possible Bethesda's going to finally create a single seamless world space?

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
So who here is excited about the building stuff?

I'm kind of non-chalant about it for a few reasons:
1. I don't know what the purpose of building a little home is and how it integrates it with the gameplay. At its core Fallout is all about being a nameless wanderer encountering the world and being involved in other people's stories. I don't want to settle down and be a permanent fixture in them.

2. I feel like the system won't be open enough to be that enjoyable. I don't want to spend time making a cute little house unless it has enough freedom to have depth.

3. From the video I feel like all I can do is scavange resources from some shitty ruins and then build another shitty ruin. I feel like if I want to stake into the ground and make a community I want to do better in some way.
To me it seemed like an entirely optional add-on experience. I personally like that kind of thing but they said in the presentation you didn't have to do it. Now will the game world be lacking in other areas due to the development hours they put into this? Maybe but only one way to find out.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea if they actually let you go "inside" without loading screens finally that alone is a huge step forward :p Honestly it looks like more Fallout with more depth (maybe) and somewhat improved engine (maybe) which is all I really want. It'll join the list of games I get for full price this year

Edit: For what it's worth, when I watched the stream live last night it looked way more visually clean than the videos I skimmed through in the thread here. Maybe more compression problems or just people haven't had time to upload the full resolution versions. But no it's not Witcher 3 graphics

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Yea if they actually let you go "inside" without loading screens finally that alone is a huge step forward :p Honestly it looks like more Fallout with more depth (maybe) and somewhat improved engine (maybe) which is all I really want. It'll join the list of games I get for full price this year

Edit: For what it's worth, when I watched the stream live last night it looked way more visually clean than the videos I skimmed through in the thread here. Maybe more compression problems or just people haven't had time to upload the full resolution versions. But no it's not Witcher 3 graphics
Mods will fix graphics !

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
It's also an easy way to add post-launch content, paid or free, since it has very little collision with the rest of the game, maybe even crowd sourced. It's nice if they finally said goodbye to loading screens, Witcher 3 has definitely spoiled me when it comes to entering buildings.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
The housing stuff could be meh or great depending on what they do with it.

Awesome would be:

Starting your own settlement, building it up, setting up defenses, attracting vendors, NPCs and other services with the eventual idea being that you'll need to defend it at some point. You could even have a tech tree where you could research out some better weapons or defense systems while out exploring. Income from caravans and vendors doing business. You could have trade routes to other settlements, secure resources etc. Lots of potential. You could even have your city take on a noble or more dubious focus. Known for running woman and brothel or maybe a science hub or a merchant haven. There is tons of potential with the idea.

Likely what we'll get is some kind of MMO like housing zone where we can drop down some stuff which is all fluff and convenience.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Regime why are you not posting pictures of your boner all over this thread?
Working my butt off but don't worry son I'm buying the collectors edition and wearing the pipboy around town. I can't wait to see what fucked up looking character you come up with lmao.