Fallout 4

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
god damnit couldnt order the pipboy until now and it's sold out. Guess I will dropping cash on ebay now. Fuck!

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
ya man
frown.png

Hope it pops back up but most likely not.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Granted, I'm kinda a mod minimalist, but my general method is to simply play the game, and if I come across something that makes me say, "huh, that's not right," then I go out and find a mod to fix that particular thing. Getting mods to fix particular problems, or add things whose absence seems blatant. Don't worry about doing a lot of prior research.
I did Fallout 3 on PC with mods, then New Vegas on Xbox with no mods. Problem with console is the inability to fix game breaking bugs, like quest guys just not being where they are supposed to be and no way to fix it. You just have to move on and never be able to complete that storyline.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Beware got the pipboy off bethsoft site last night and have yet to recieve a confirmation email on the order.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Yeah looks like consoles will get some mods but I'd bet the selection will be very different.
I'm curious to see how this is going to work. How much of the console resources are realistically going to be left open by Fallout for the mods to use. I can't imaging people are going to be able to layer on a dozen different HD texture/model packs like the PC can.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
best part of console is being able to sprawl out on the couch and play comfortably
Word. The big living room screen + surround sound helps too. Gaming just feels so much better when you aren't hunched over a desk IMO.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I'm curious to see how this is going to work. How much of the console resources are realistically going to be left open by Fallout for the mods to use. I can't imaging people are going to be able to layer on a dozen different HD texture/model packs like the PC can.
Not to mention all the rule34 mods.

They are also going to need to work on the mod support, just GECK isn't enough when all the solid mods require third party frameworks and above 5 mods you will need modloader and even then the game can have crash problems. Or, they will limit what the published mods can do to preempt compatibility issues

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Word. The big living room screen + surround sound helps too. Gaming just feels so much better when you aren't hunched over a desk IMO.
Depends for RPGs and single players oh ya I'm with ya.
For FPS I gotta sit upright and get those dog tags. K/D is love K/D is life.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea the whole TV argument is kinda dumb to me considering I would have to make space for a console somewhere in my living room right now but my gaming PC is permanently available on my TV if I want it. I get that if that's not how you have your room set up, it's not how you have it set up but.... that's how YOU have it set up :p It's not a limitation of PC vs Console in the slightest.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
This+this= jam you PC full of mods, play on TV and fuck substandard consoles.

No I have no idea how well the Steam Link will actually work

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you have a smart phone go to your app store and pick up the new fallout shelter game they made it is legit pretty fun phone app. Basically you are making and controlling a vault and its actually pretty neat if a bit of a power hog hehe.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Depends for RPGs and single players oh ya I'm with ya.
For FPS I gotta sit upright and get those dog tags. K/D is love K/D is life.
Well, yea...

RTS and Multiplayer FPS games must be played on a PC, sitting upright, with KB+Mouse. Anything less is for the unclean.

Everything else gimme my couch + big screen + surround sound + Mountain Dew.

HUH_sl

shitlord
Computers on TVs!? Next thing you know you're gonna try to tell me I could buy a comfortable chair to sit in when I'm on my computer instead of sitting on this bucket. That's just crazy talk you nerds!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Not to mention all the rule34 mods.

They are also going to need to work on the mod support, just GECK isn't enough when all the solid mods require third party frameworks and above 5 mods you will need modloader and even then the game can have crash problems. Or, they will limit what the published mods can do to preempt compatibility issues
It's definitely a huge challenge and I'm glad they're tackling it. To make it successful in a broad way I really don't see a way around having heavy involvement and curation. The mods need to fit within much tighter constraints than what we have for PC mods, which is a problem specifically because nearly all modders love modifying games for themselves and not for other people. Asking them to go through a QA process, restrict their mod's capability, edit etc is very offensive to them.
Yea the whole TV argument is kinda dumb to me considering I would have to make space for a console somewhere in my living room right now but my gaming PC is permanently available on my TV if I want it. I get that if that's not how you have your room set up, it's not how you have it set up but.... that's how YOU have it set up :p It's not a limitation of PC vs Console in the slightest.
Aye, and as I found out using a gamepad with the Witcher, some of the disgusting consolitis that gamers have just gotten used to can be avoided via mods with a gamepad. In Witcher3 to switch which spell you cast you have to hit a button to open up a wheel, use the joystick to select a spell, accept with a button then press another button to cast a spell. I can't comprehend how gamers are so numb to interrupting their gameplay that they accept it, but there's a mod that changes the trigger to be a modifier to other buttons, which are bound to instant cast spells. So you have two simultaneous button hits vs 3 sequential buttons and a joystick movement.

I think most people just stick with one spell and move forward which is a shame because the gameplay is so much better when you can use different spells.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
This+this= jam you PC full of mods, play on TV and fuck substandard consoles.

No I have no idea how well the Steam Link will actually work
When that becomes a real viable option, you're damn right I'll be doing it. Maybe it's there already, but I don't quite trust it. Even with my fiber connection, 1080p streaming can get the stutters at times. Running hard wire through my house just for gaming feels really silly to me at this point. Lugging my PC from my office to the living room is too annoying, and no way am I keeping my monsterous full ATX gaming rig in the main areas of the house. I have a toddler, and I have nightmares about what he'd do to it.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
On witcher 3 spells: I think I used Yrden for 3 fights total throughout the entire game. Aard was only for breaking walls and LOLing things off cliffs. I still don't know why I should care about Axii, even after beating the game.

Every fight was run in with Quen on, then stick to Igne.