Fallout 4

spronk

FPS noob
fallout anthology is up on bestbuy.com as well, $40+tax with GCU and shipped to home
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/fallout-...&skuId=9852688

if its like TES anthology you'll get a steam key for the newer games and all will also be disc based, DRM free
I doubt the older games are updated well though so you'll prob have to fiddle with downloads to get them to run well on windows 8/10

Huh , not sure what that guy is expecting. Its Fallout set in a different area and new systems(weapons,settlements,voiced main character, better vats system) and it looks a lot better then 3 in many regards. Only thing i truly worry about if there is more then one Super-Duper Mart. If there isnt , fuck this game.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
"But then you notice that things like the computer terminals from Fallout 3 look exactly the same here, as do other artefacts, to the point where they look lifted without a next-gen polish."

I bloody well hope the computer terminals looks like the ones in fallout 3 since its the same fucking computer terminals, just in Boston. Regarding the polish, I doubt they look as the PS3 ones, it feels more like he is used to the PC and was playing on a console ( "perform a Critical hit by pressing X during VATS" ). No, the "next gen" consoles was not the miracle of computing and grafix power that we all wanted so I would not expect Fallout 4 on consoles to be better then Fallout 3 with some mods on the PC.

Fadaar

That guy
If it looks like a prettier Fallout 3 with better gunplay in a new environment then fuck yeah that's what I want.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
It's a Bethesda game. We all know exactly what we're going to get.
Very true, workable grafix, a flood of bugs that will make it unplayable for a large part of the community until about 6 months in but a decent to great story and lots of places of intrest you can lose yourself in for months
smile.png

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Very true, workable grafix, a flood of bugs that will make it unplayable for a large part of the community until about 6 months in but a decent to great story and lots of places of intrest you can lose yourself in for months
smile.png
Drop the "decent to great story" and add "zero gameplay balance"

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Bethesda's game for me are all the same...great immersive world to get lost in, with average to sub-par gameplay.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
The bar is not that fucking high. The 100/100 review

90 points:
Ron Pearlman gonna say War Never Changes?
Is it a post-apocalyptic game with a Vault?

10pts:
Gameplay

Any big title nowadays it's the same. 95+ means it's a worthy addition and 91-94 depends how much advertising you bought but the game sucks. 88-90 is a cash grab where you didn't even bother paying off the reviewer with swag or a phonecall but he/she doesn't want to piss you off by giving it too low of a review.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Do people here still base their opinions on reviews ? For me there are basically 2 kinds of games : The ones I'm buying no matter what at launch (Deus EX HR, GW2, Witcher 3,...) and then "meh I'll get it on sale" and reviews are absolutely useless for both of them, since they aren't out yet for the first category and word of mouth is much better for the second pile.

I know that the unwashed masses might go to metacritic or steam top sellers for new title recommendation, but anybody who plays seriously knows how terrible scoring systems are.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I always look here if it has an actual monetary expenditure behind it. If it's like... 5 bucks, meh, steam user score and being a genre I like is usually enough.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
You can read a few reviews and get a pretty good idea about the game, afterwards come here and read a few posts and no one is going to pull the wool over your eyes.

Fallout, like Elder Scrolls (TESO excluded) falls under the "I almost always buy" because the games are:

1. Fucking awesome
2. Unique in their world design / presentation
3. Generally have great stories even if they are cliche or obvious. Not just the main quests but all the little stories you find tucked into the world.
4. Give the player perceived and real freedom

All those things don't really tell the whole story though. These games are fucking awesome because they are some of the few that you can and likely will play over and over again between releases. How many games can you say that for? How many games give you 150+ hours AND you can play them over and over and over again?

For me? Mass Effect, Elder Scrolls (TESO excluded) and Fallout. Even great games like Witcher 3, which are fucking awesome, I likely won't play nearly as much as I did Skyrim or New Vegas. I might play Witcher 3 twice to completion and the second time will be much later because its super linear. I've played New Vegas at least 4 different times to completion and another 4 or 5 for 40 or 80 hours just fucking around. Same with Skyrim.

That is why I almost always buy these games. TESO being the one exception and that piece of shit stunk well before it released.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
The thing I like most about Bethesda games are the mods. They can release a mediocre game and it will be awesome a couple of months down the line once the modding community has fixed everything. That's what made the paid mods debacle so horrible. I will buy this game when it is released, but if they pull a new version of paid mods on it then that will be the last Bethesda game I will every buy.