Fallout 4

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I'm a whore for Fallout and Elder Scrolls precisely for that reason. Ignore the main quest and just run off in a different direction every time I fire it up from the start. Not many games let you do that.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Re: Vats, one thing that Project NEVADA did was make it so you could engage bullet time at the cost of whatever the VATS resource was. You could also sprint using that resource. So it was essentially a mana bar. The bullet time worked like in Max Payne, and gave you the advantages of VATS without removing gameplay.

For my playthroughs VATS (or bullet time) was pretty much required because any encounter I went into where I didn't get near perfect headshots on everything lowered my resources, making the encounter a detriment to my character's power. And because I had to get some 10+ headshots on a lot of mobs before they could get close to me an kill me, I had to engage very brutally and often the only way to win was with bullet time / VATS.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yep I always played on hard or very hard so I was toast if I missed in vats or ran out of AP after a long fight.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I'd really prefer instead of needing 10 headshots to kill something to have far rarer ammo and have headshots function like they do in reality. Pretty stupid that unloading a full clip of 7.62 directly into somethings face, hit every shot and it not kill them. The game's balance gets screwed up because ammo is abundant and it's caused game play to become flawed as well.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Agree 100%.

I think the hard part of high damage ballistics is making a hard game without players getting instantly gibbed.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Played the campaign in battlefield 3 and yea, having that instant gameover from enemy snipers is like, "WAHT? WAHT JUST HAPPENED?!".

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
http://bethesda.net/?utm_source=face.../2015/10/08/35

System requirements are up

PC Systems Requirements (Requires Internet Connection and Free Steam Account to Activate)

Minimum
Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
Intel Core i5-2300 2.8 GHz/AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0 GHz or equivalent
8 GB RAM
30 GB free HDD space
NVIDIA GTX 550 Ti 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or equivalent

Recommended
Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
Intel Core i7 4790 3.6 GHz/AMD FX-9590 4.7 GHz or equivalent
8 GB RAM
30 GB free HDD space
NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB/AMD Radeon R9 290X 4GB or equivalent

Console Storage Space
Make sure you have enough space in the vault to store Fallout 4.
Fallout 4 requires 28-35 GB depending on territory and languages supported.

Release Time
Want to know exactly when you can start playing Fallout 4? Digitally the game will become available at 12:01 am (local time) in all territories (In North America, the unlock time will be 12:01 am EST), except Asia (available at 12 am on Tuesday, November 11th) and Japan (available at 12 am on Thursday, December 17th).

more at the link

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
So far I've made it a priority to only watch the intro video that was released. I'm not reading anything or watching anything else....and fuck ME it's getting hard! I'm trying to see if I can get that feeling of awe and wonder from an awesome game again at launch. All these previews and dev sit downs for games and movies these days like fuckin kills it for me.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm not an nvidia expert (have a R9 290X so I'm all set either way), but I'm pretty sure a large majority of GTX770s that got made were of the 2GB variety, which is why someone writing up recommended specs would err on the safe side. If you have a 4GB version, it will probably be ok at 1080p. 2GB cards generally cannot handle the highest resolution textures in 2015 games.

Edit: Also, Passmark is a synthetic benchmark that is not indicative of real-world performance in any particular game.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yikes. My processor is definitely getting long in the tooth. I'm gonna have to do a whole new rig at some point next year I'm thinking :l

Fadaar

That guy
So far I've made it a priority to only watch the intro video that was released. I'm not reading anything or watching anything else....and fuck ME it's getting hard! I'm trying to see if I can get that feeling of awe and wonder from an awesome game again at launch. All these previews and dev sit downs for games and movies these days like fuckin kills it for me.
There actually hasn't been much of anything since E3. Hell I don't think I've seen any new gameplay footage since then.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm not an nvidia expert (have a R9 290X so I'm all set either way), but I'm pretty sure a large majority of GTX770s that got made were of the 2GB variety, which is why someone writing up recommended specs would err on the safe side. If you have a 4GB version, it will probably be ok at 1080p. 2GB cards generally cannot handle the highest resolution textures in 2015 games.

Edit: Also, Passmark is a synthetic benchmark that is not indicative of real-world performance in any particular game.
Now that I think about it, I'm not sure if I have a 780 or a 770...god dammit. Have to wait til I get home to check.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Funny. I spent 10 minutes last night looking up specs for the game. Need to get a new video card for sure.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I have two 970s in sli. I can run it, but every time I see new game specs I wish I'd put a i7 in my new pc.

Probably do that this spring, buy a new processor for it.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
My processor is below the recommended but should be okay. I'm sensing it's upgrade time soonish though.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Agree 100%.

I think the hard part of high damage ballistics is making a hard game without players getting instantly gibbed.
The chance of getting insta-gibbed is more than fair if it applies both ways, and I actually prefer this style a lot more. If harder difficulties in FO4 change from bullet sponges to "enemies are more accurate, headshots are very lethal for everyone" it will be a net positive.

Play F:NV with Realistic Weapon Damage and Project Nevada on Hardcore + Very Hard and your gameplay changes a lot. Using cover, first strike with grenades or sniping the ones with rifles, bullet time + headshots (2-3 headshots will kill just about anything except for Radscorpions because they don't have a head). Some fights I reload a lot if I miss key headshots during VATS + Bullet Time, but the name of the difficulty is very hard, after all.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Dafuq, those are the min specs?

RIP
If you're below them a little, can probably still run it.

If you can run other modern games, you can prolly run this, unless its completely unoptimized garbage.

Like if you ran MGSV okay, I'm sure you can run this okay.