Fallout 4

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Minimum is slightly lower on the Intel/Nvidia side, basically the same on the AMD side, and 8GB RAM vs. 6GB. Recommended is one 'step' higher across the board.

Rime

<Donor>
Higher requirements than I expected. My graphics card is just below the minimum. I have been meaning to replace it, but was going to wait until after the holidays. Will have to wait and see if I can play below the minimum or if I am running out on the 10th to buy a new card.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Req/rec specs are often bullshit. This is going to be on consoles, so the only way they get those specs is retardedly large textures and a couple of light and shadow tools enabled for PC. I'm not making any big hardware purchases until black friday, even if I do have to wait to play this, but I don't take that minimum seriously. Their optimization would have to be worse than Oblivion.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Could be they're releasing with an HD texture pack like they had for Skyrim. That would push specs higher than they would be for consoles. Pure speculation though.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Could be they're releasing with an HD texture pack like they had for Skyrim. That would push specs higher than they would be for consoles. Pure speculation though.
That's a good point, and probably true tbh.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I couldn't care less about what they say for the specs for Bethesda games, because it's going to be dominated by mods. The big takeaway? You're going to need a lot more VRAM than other games because of

A: ULTRA HIGH textures from amateur/undergrad artists who don't care how your game performs, they are spending this winter building a handful of photo-realistic textures that they will put in their art portfolio for when they graduate next year.

B: Bethesda games if you don't have enough VRAM, everytime you turn the game stutters when it has to load new data. There's other ways to manage this, but that's how they've done it for the last 15 years.

I've got 4GB and I hope it's enough.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I hope they spent some time fortifying their engine in regards to mods. Setting up a Skyrim playthrough with mods and having to spend quite a bit of time installing mods, playing with TES5Edit to clean scripts and then play with the load order just so I can get them all to play nice with each other is quite a pain.

At the very least I would love to see some crash logging that make it possible to track down the one mod that keeps fucking up.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I hope they spent some time fortifying their engine in regards to mods. Setting up a Skyrim playthrough with mods and having to spend quite a bit of time installing mods, playing with TES5Edit to clean scripts and then play with the load order just so I can get them all to play nice with each other is quite a pain.

At the very least I would love to see some crash logging that make it possible to track down the one mod that keeps fucking up.
Holy shit that would be a godsend!

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't suggest holding your breath while waiting for that to happen though.

Really sucks that the GECK won't be out until 2016. Texture mods will be possible right away, and simple changes can be done in an updated version of TES5Edit, but you can't touch scripting with the actual modding tools. Going to make fixing the hundreds of bugs the game will ship with a pain in the ass, just like it was with Skyrim when the Creation Kit wasn't available for 4 months after release. Timeframe looks to be more or less exactly the same again with FO4, which is disappointing.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
hah, those Rec specs, I'd be shocked if that's anywhere close to needed. I have a 280x 3gb, and at 1080p I've never had a frame rate drop on any game I've tossed at it. I can't fathom this being a big enough jump to make it stutter. As Agraza said, this is a console game.

I wonder if those specs though are for people who will play on 1440?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I am so stoked for this game. Been too long since I've played through Fallout. Almost more excited than I was for Witcher 3. So much win this year for CRPG. Witcher 3, Pillars of Eternity, Fallout 4, and a Tides of Numenera nightcap.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I am so stoked for this game. Been too long since I've played through Fallout. Almost more excited than I was for Witcher 3. So much win this year for CRPG. Witcher 3, Pillars of Eternity, Fallout 4, and a Tides of Numenera nightcap.
Me too bro.

1 month away!

I can hear those pipboy editions calling my name!

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
That'll be a good birthday present then.

The new Deus Ex comes out a few days before my birthday if it doesn't get pushed back, pretty stoked about that too, but that's still months away.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Install NV and play it asap.
Started playing. Got to a spot last night where I thought I saw a pack of coyotes off in the distance, so I tried winging a few stealth rifle shots their way hoping for some easy kills. Surprisingly they all agroed and came running down the hill at about mach 5. I wasn't really worried as I'd just been killing golden geckos and coyotes seem pretty easy by comparison.

Except they weren't coyotes, LOL.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Naww. It was a pack of Nightstalkers, but I hadn't seen them yet and I don't remember them from FO3. I had started north towards the Deathclaws to begin with, but I died REALLY early on to a giant radscorpion and then when I hit Sloan and they warned me away, I was like"Fuck it, fine, I'll go south".

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Naww. It was a pack of Nightstalkers, but I hadn't seen them yet and I don't remember them from FO3. I had started north towards the Deathclaws to begin with, but I died REALLY early on to a giant radscorpion and then when I hit Sloan and they warned me away, I was like"Fuck it, fine, I'll go south".
Nightstalkers are a motherfucker. haha They are mutated hybrids of a rattlesnake and Coyote. That poison sucks but the glands sell nice and can make stuff with it.