Fallout 4

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't think anyone really does, not even the people who were making it. They started with a failed kickstarter, were planning on making a browser based MMO, then teamed up with the EQ team, who can't even deliver their own products at this point, much less help someone else deliver theirs.

It was probably always more half thought out pipedream than it was pathway to a realized product, honestly.
I won't miss it. I hated the whole idea especially in an MMO.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Just say NO to anymore Bethesda MMOs. Not a single bit impressed with what they did with The Elder Scrolls MMO so I have no desire to watch them butcher another beloved IP by trying to force it into a shitty genre that would never be able to do it justice.

Lorren_sl

shitlord
Canceled when Bethesda (rightfully) crushed Interplay for the rights to the IP they rightfully purchased.

We really really don't want Bethesda to fund or make a Fallout MMO though.
Well ... we really dont want Bethesda to have ZOS make a Fallout MMO after the clusterfuck they did, are still doing with TESO. I'd be interested in seeing them doing one inhouse or handing it over to Obsidian.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
The saddest thing is that a Fallout MMO would seriously be the hardest MMO to screw up, and they would find a way.

Handcraft some towns and plop them down on the edges of a procedurally generated part of the American Midwest. Biomes are grassland, wasteland, irradiated wasteland, hills, rivers, lakes, ruined town(rubble and a couple standing buildings), cavern, and mountains. Throw in the FO4 ability to build a town and make it FFA PVP. Nothing is soulbound because if you die it's pretty easy to loot a half buried filing cabinet for a golf club, beat a couple geckos to death and make leather armor, then beat some guy to death to get his motorcycle helmet and bottlecaps. Basically EVE on land in a Fallout skin.

Instead they'll do some bullshit PVE MMO carebear shit where you join a premade faction (Brotherhood, NCR, Caesar's, Enclave), are friendly with other players, has one shitty PVP zone, and put in ability keys like a traditional MMO because "Some people aren't good at FPS and we didn't want any of our fans to be left out."

So here's hoping they don't try.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
First but probably not the last time I have felt compelled to note this: the team that made ES1-5, FO3 and FO4 had almost nothing to do with ESO. Their parent company, Zenimax, stood up an entirely different team and gave them a massive amount of money and one of the best IPs in gaming to make an MMO. They failed for a variety of reasons, but the biggest point of failure was the director, Matt Firor.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Well ... we really dont want Bethesda to have ZOS make a Fallout MMO after the clusterfuck they did, are still doing with TESO. I'd be interested in seeing them doing one inhouse or handing it over to Obsidian.
Lol I dunno why you think Obsidian or Bethesda proper could make a better MMO than ZOS. At best they'd all be equally awful. Obsidian has also lost their best employee, and has no incentive to work with Bethesda ever again after they crippled New Vegas, then screwed them out of their bonus bucks over metacritic scores.

A decent Fallout MMO is a pipedream bigger than Pantheon, imo.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
First but probably not the last time I have felt compelled to note this: the team that made ES1-5, FO3 and FO4 had almost nothing to do with ESO. Their parent company, Zenimax, stood up an entirely different team and gave them a massive amount of money and one of the best IPs in gaming to make an MMO. They failed for a variety of reasons, but the biggest point of failure was the director, Matt Firor.
While yes, Zenimax was mostly just art before so it was their first time doing proper programming - you're literally talking about a 90 min commute between them and BethSoft - there's no real excuse that they couldn't have called upon help if they needed it.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
TESO may have been terrible at launch, but it has improved by a large margin with Imperial City.

I haven't had this much fun in an MMO since early WoW. Seriously.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
TESO may have been terrible at launch, but it has improved by a large margin with Imperial City.

I haven't had this much fun in an MMO since early WoW. Seriously.
edit:

That's fantastic news and I am glad to hear it's doing better. I need to log back in and give it a shot.

With that said they need to stay the fuck away from fallout.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
There is zero need for a Fallout MMO. Making one would be almost as fucking retarded as making an Elder Scrolls MMO was.
Yes also I edited because I didn't want to think I was saying for you to fuck off lol. I meant Zenimax.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Yes also I edited because I didn't want to think I was saying for you to fuck off lol. I meant Zenimax.
Oh ya that's how I took it anyway. No need for edit.

Imperial City is legit as fuck. PVE zone with RVR PVP elements. World bosses, an arena, places to grind. Cross faction 'nameplates' (when your cursor is on the player) are in. They even added a pretty serious death penalty in the zone. When you die you lose a significant amount of Tel Var stones. They are the gear currency you get for doing things in Imperial City. Losing them sucks and makes for tense EQ-like feels. Dungeons are the hardest I've experienced in years... Maybe of all time. The gear in this game is getting better and better with a LOT of compelling sets to choose from. Character development remains the best industry wide.

Next DLC comes out in November and they are adding a solo survival challenge arena + more zones, dungeons etc.

Don't get me wrong. This isn't a game you are gonna play for years and years, but what kind of fucking weirdo does that these days? There's about 6 months of really strong content there now though. If you join a nice active PVP guild I could see that stretching to a year.

/derail off

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Hell ya may have to check it out

After Fallout, Halo, tomb raider, Nathan drake, witcher dlc, ass creed:1884, etc

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Yea, I've never been eager for a Bethesda MMO of any kind, and TESO doesn't help their case. Some new IP set in a post-apocalyptic wasteland as an MMO could be good if some company that understands multiplayer gaming made it. It's like Apple making a phone or Blizzard making an MMO. Everyone else is lucky to make a RAZR or EQ because they don't sufficiently emphasize design; the maximum appeal is limited to the current zealots.

Caliane

Dang, Quaid just did a better job selling me on ESO then GW2 has been doing with their expac.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Dang, Quaid just did a better job selling me on ESO then GW2 has been doing with their expac.
Wanna know the coolest thing about ESO too? There is no worldwide auction house.

Each guild can hire a merchant, and guild members can post their stuff for sale on these merchants. They are scattered throughout the world. Other players must physically go to these merchants to browse their stock. This whole process sucks, so a good portion of the player base engages in direct player-to-player trading. Hotspots of community interaction pop up around the world, usually near crafting stations, banks, clusters of guild merchants, or fast travel points. The whole thing is very EC tunnel.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Unless you want to trudge through 50 levels of some of the most boring, uninspired and hand holding questing ever to be released and shit combat I'd say no.

Since MMO's have more or less turned into complete shit shows these days I'm glad there are no current plans to destroy the fallout franchise by turning it into one. Bad enough TESO took up an Elder Scrolls cycle now we wait another half decade for a decent single player game.