Fallout 4

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Would you prefer the franchise to never evolve beyond 2d iso and just die instead? Fallout has never been more popular than it is now and that is thanks to the evolution to 3d.
Honestly, it isn't the 3d, its the 1st person parts that bother me. The change of the games whole gameplay.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Better watch out bro, you're treading on sacred ground claiming isometric viewpoints improve gameplay

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am actually taking it a step further and replaying Wasteland 1. The part where you find the PC with the "Coming Soon Wasteland 2" in Byran Fargo's hideout is especially amusing.

iannis

Musty Nester
Wait a minute? You're playing FO3/NV unmodded?

1st rule of Bethesda games -- go to nexus and download titty packs.
2nd rule of Bethesda games -- spend about 3 days fucking around with mod managers to get all your bells and whistles.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Why would I do that?

I'm not getting your point here. When did this turn into a mod dick waving contest?What is your point/problem/issue with this mod that has led you to post this post?

When NV came out, people wanted to see the two games put together, and Bethesda said it wouldn't be possible because of legal issues with the two different companies making the game. These guys had one version of this mod but was shut down over those legal issues by Bethesda, but they came up with this self installer work around that Bethesda's lawyers were okay with that allows you to combine the two games into one, playing the entire thing as a singular experience.

Because they are so compatible, other mods should work with this mod for the most part. Some may need updates or slight changes from their developers. Luckily I linked you a comprehensive list of them.

You may not see the value of putting both games, including all their DLCs together with the far superior New Vegas leveling and hard core mode and perks system, etc. but luckily there are plenty of people who aren't you who do, apparently. Hence the mods popularity.
Do you make expansive arguments everytime you encounter a new opinion? It's a bethesda game. There are fantastic mods out there that fix and improve it. You can go integrate them and improve your gaming experience. Or you can not. I don't care.

The goofy thing is that you've somehow placed a 'Why would I mod my game?' argument adjacent to a 'How can you not see the benefit in modding your game?' argument.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I don't even know what you're all pissed off about Tuco. Basically I just tried to generate some interest in what I think is a cool mod that merges the two games together some people might be interested in, you came in and said "Why would I want to merge my two games, and then use that as a base for futher modding?" Which, I don't even really know where that comes from. I didn't suggest you do that. But in response I said "Well a lot of the popular mods are compatible with TTWL anyway, so check out this list" to which you got all snarky and started trying to check my Fallout Nexus fanclub card or some shit.

Then you make this retarded post where you act like I attacked you. What the fuck are you even on about?

If you don't like the idea of merging the two games together, I don't give a shit. Do what you want with your game. I just wanted people to be aware that this option now existed and its pretty cool. I don't give a shit about modding fallout.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yeah its not something I do every time I play through the game. I heavily modded Fallout 3 back a year or two after it came out and Obsidian several times because its the only way I can play Oblivion its so mediocre

But this is the point: I never said use TTWL as a base for a shit load of other mods. I was merely responding that if stability is a concern you could LOOK THROUGH A LIST OF COMPATIBLE MODS AND SEE IF THE ONES YOU LIKE ARE THERE to help you DECIDE IF YOUD LIKE TO USE THIS MOD TOO.

Earth to Tuco: What the fuck are you on about? No one is here competing with you for king of the Fallout Mod Community at Rerolled.

One of the mods I've most desired since New Vegas' release was one that would merge the two games into one. That's what this one does. That's it. If people are interested, the link is there. That's all I was saying.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Thanks for posting a link to that, hodj. Nobody is mad at you for it. I'm not attacking you for it, I'm just apprehensive about the mod.

Here's the reason I'm apprehensive about it: Every modification you make to your game has the risk of increasing instability. Some mods have low risk (textures), some help instability (bug fixes) and some have high risk (Warzones). As you build up your game you have to weigh the value of each mod vs its risk. I personally don't see a lot of value in using FONV's engine to play FO3 and it seems like a high risk modification. If someone thinks it's the best idea ever then I recommend they try it.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Thank you for making a post clarifying what you are saying.

All I can say is that most of your issues are actually covered in the FAQ on the Tales of Two Wastelands site. Fallout 3 mods need to be converted to the new vegas file formats and shit

Here's a method for doing this

Converting FO3 mods for TTW is no longer as easy as just changing the master, but its still pretty simple.

Download the most recent FNVEdit (3.0.29 as of this post) and also download the attached ConversionPack.zip. Unzip the conversion pack into the same folder as FNVEdit.
Load TTW and the mod to be converted into FNVEdit (this is now MUCH faster)
Right-click on the mod to be converted, choose Add Masters... and FNV, FNV DLCs, FO3, and FO3 DLCs.
DO NOT ADD THE PRE-ORDER/COURIER'S STASH PACKS UNLESS YOUR MOD REQUIRES THEM, THEY ARE NOW OPTIONAL.
Right-click on the mod again and choose sort masters.
Expand the mod and click on "File Header"
Click on the empty space DIRECTLY ABOVE 'Fallout3.esm', hold down the control key and press the down arrow until Fallout3.esm is AFTER GunRunnersArsenal.esm and BEFORE Anchorage.esm.
Save and quit FNVEdit
Reload TTW and your mod to be converted into FNVEdit
Right click on your mod, choose Apply Script, and choose 'TTW Conversion Script'
This can take a while to run. Running it on Fallout3.esm takes 90 minutes. Running it on BrokenSteel.esm takes 4 minutes. Just be patient.
All done, save and quit FNVEdit.
This means the mod is CONVERTED for TTW, but it does NOT mean the mod has been UPDATED for TTW. For example, mods that place .32 ammo will NOT have that ammo removed, you must do that manually.
New Vegas mods almost all work with few problems, because the New Vegas files aren't getting changed much.

Most people experience performance improvements, particularly in Fallout 3 with this mod. Which makes sense, they're updating the Fallout 3 files to New Vegas files. Like I understand your concerns, but just a few minutes perusing the FAQ at the TTWL website I linked answers these questions for the most part.

FAQ | Tale of Two Wastelands

General Questions

What is Tale of Two Wastelands (TTW)?
How do I travel between wastelands?
Why do I have to patch the files myself?
Is TTW available in other languages?
Can I load a Fallout 3 save game?
Crash or no menu at startup!
Crash when starting a new game!
Installer gives file not found error!
Mods and Modding

How do I install mods for Fallout New Vegas? <-
How do I use Fallout New Vegas mods with TTW? <-
Are there TTW-specific mods and compatibility patches? <-
How do I use Fallout 3 mods with TTW? <-
How do I use body and armor replacers with TTW?
How do I use weather and lighting mods with TTW?
How do I use companion mods with TTW?
How do I increase the level cap past 50?
How do I get started making my own mods and helping with TTW? <-
Disclaimer
Of course, its a mod, things won't go 100% but this mod has had a lot of time and effort put into it by people who've been trying to make this happen since New Vegas released. Their first attempt got shut down because of the legal issues bethesda's lawyers have with the project, hence they installer and the requirement that the games be legitimately purchased copies for the process to work.

Note that Gamebryo's flexibility is why this is possible. There's even a port of Morrowind's game files into Oblivion and I think maybe Skyrim now. Yep. Google Morrowblivion for the Morrowind to Oblivion engine conversion.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...im-engine.aspx

Oh and Project Nevada is totally compatible, except don't use the weapons mod because it will duplicate all the guns, basically.

If you use Project Nevada, please do not use the Equipment Module, as you will get duplicate weapons and ammo (PN Equipment adds the original Fallout 3 weapons to the game). Otherwise, Project Nevada is compatible with TTW.
I personally don't see a lot of value in using FONV's engine to play FO3 and it seems like a high risk modification.
This is actually not true, at all. In fact updating Fallout 3's files to run in New Vegas converts them to a more updated version of Gamebryo and thus makes them more stable. I'm not a tech and mods geek so I can't explain this as well as a programmer, but basically, all Bethesda games run on Gamebryo. Importing map and other files from one to another is a relatively simple process. So actually your initial impressions are founded in a lack of awareness of this fact. I hope you'll consider this and look into it more because this is actually one of the more painless (broadly speaking) modifications to the game files one can do.

Also, a lot of Fallout crashes aret due to utilizing low memory amounts. If you download a 4gb .exe that helps address this issue. But I wasn't using one while playing with TTWL and had no issues with crashes at all. Rock solid.

Here's a link to a 4gb .exe4GB Fallout New Vegas at Fallout New Vegas - mods and community

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'd prefer it if they did it like Witcher: "In the process of doing "good", you fucked up this thing, fucked over that guy and these guys weren't punished."
That's why I generally preferred FONV's story to FO3. Obsidian does a much better job portraying the grey areas of morality and that not everything it so cut and dry. I had to put a lot more thought into the decisions I was making and often found out that things didn't go as expected. A lot of other games with morality systems, I often feel like I just go on autopilot once I decide which morality path to choose. (Going good? Always select the top dialogue option!)

I think the previous Fallout games managed this quite well. The worst offenders are probably KOTOR and Mass Effect since you are encouraged by game mechanics to consistently select good/evil options throughout the game to max out your meter.
I'd really love it if games could move away from these in-your-face morality systems that are constantly reminding you if you did something righteous or something evil. It detracts from the immersion. If I'm playing as a good person, my actions should be dictated by whatIfeel are good actions to take. Whether the game world agrees with that or not is another matter and one that is, ultimately, more realistic. I shouldn't feel like, "Oh shit, the game says what I did was bad. Time to reload!" I think games should find better ways of trying to drive your actions one way or another rather than an artificial bar that pops up every time you make a decision.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Games being nothing but a shade of grey are just as bad as games which force you into light or dark role.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Games being nothing but a shade of grey are just as bad as games which force you into light or dark role.
I don't have a problem with black/white decisions, but you don't want people metagaming them just for the rewards or morality meter. Ideally, the rewards for these decisions shouldn't be quantifiable and directly comparable, like getting 500$ extra for being bad, or 500 karma for being good

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I think an interesting comparison, when it comes to morality and player decisions making an impact, would be any of the FO games and Planescape: Torment. I may be crazy but there seems to be some similarity, and I did love PS:T for the dialogue, player decisions affecting the gameworld, and so much more.

Stillborn_sl

shitlord
Survivor2299 hidden message : gaming

Nuclear winter is coming. Reserve your future home today! 877-260-2299
Ecw1VOV.jpg

also
the Morse code says "CQCQCQDEOZPSEAS".

"Calling Any Station, Calling Any Station, Calling Any Station, This is From OZ (Oscar Zulu), Please Wait."
Oscar Zulu is a location in Fallout 3.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Signal_Oscar_Zulu

It's worth noting that the deceased family inside that sent the message is missing one person. Their journal mentions three people (the man, his wife, and their son). However, only two adult skeletons can be seen inside. Some people think this son might be relevant to the next game.
The Survivor 2299 - Blog:News - The Vault, the Fallout wiki - Fallout: New Vegas and more

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
So back to that mod... is there any way of actually making it work? I did the fresh install thing, I did the load order thing and yet the game crashes as soon as it launches >< I want to play it now damn you!

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Get Fallout Mod Manager and use it to load the files and launch them. Works good for me. Otherwise, crashing at start up is relating to New Vegas, not the mod, apparently.

HELP! I installed TTW and now I have no main menu, or the game crashes at startup!
These are issues with New Vegas in general, not TTW specifically. For missing menus, read this thread. For a full-blown crash at startup, or a crash before you get to the menus, read this thread.
Crash before main menu | Tale of Two Wastelands

This is almost always caused by installing TTW without first having a clean install of FNV and FO3. By clean I mean delete your entire FNV folder, reinstall and patch from steam, and THEN install TTW.

If you already did that, then I'm at a loss. Start disabling mods until one works.
Would be my next suggestion.

And this would be my third suggestion

? HELP! I installed TTW and now the game crashes when I click "New Game"!
This is an issue with New Vegas in general, not TTW specifically. First, make sure you are using New Vegas 4GB. If that doesn't work, a common solution to this problem is to find "fnv4gb.exe" in your Fallout NV folder, and right click on it. Go to the "Compatibility" tab, and check the box next to "Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP (Service Pack 3).