Fallout 4

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yep.

What do you guys want for spoiler policies in this thread?
Behead those who emit spoilers!

No, really, I don't care about spoilers. Someone else probably does though.

I'm not playing Fallout 4 with the expectation of some deep plot line that will shake the very foundations of my existence.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Knowing that reviewers are exploring New Boston or whatever has really kicked my anticipation into overdrive. I feel like I'm falling behind in an MMO sense and I'm going to roll my character and get PK'd by some asshole from Gamespot.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Behead those who emit spoilers!

No, really, I don't care about spoilers. Someone else probably does though.

I'm not playing Fallout 4 with the expectation of some deep plot line that will shake the very foundations of my existence.
Fallout has never really had a "story" worth mentioning. Fallout 3 was interesting for about 5 minutes until you find your dad. Some individual quests are really interesting as they build the history and the lore of the setting, but the personal struggles of vault 101 guy were meh. It was a framing device to get you to different parts of DC to explore.

New Vegas had many more "hooks" than 3. The DLC especially, since it all built on each other and worked together to make a story with the culmination w the fight/bro down with Ulysses. Honest Hearts was ok, but the hidden record of the man who secretly helped/ built shelters/ went crazy, was super solid. But that is Obsidian doing its thing.

A lone guy who finds a dog and builds a house and PROBABLY gets in a fight with the Commonwealth will not tingle my nethers. But I did not expect my nethers to tingle in New Vegas either, and my nethers got very tingly.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Speaking for myself, if there's untagged spoilers in the thread I'll just avoid it until I beat the game.

Fadaar

That guy
Story related stuff should stay spoilered I just want to see some honest reviews, which sadly if you're a big enough media outlet to receive a AAA title two weeks early... won't happen. It'll all be roses and sunshine. Maybe we'll get lucky though.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Story related stuff should stay spoilered I just want to see some honest reviews, which sadly if you're a big enough media outlet to receive a AAA title two weeks early... won't happen. It'll all be roses and sunshine. Maybe we'll get lucky though.
Here's your honest review:

Its a bug ridden mess with a crappy story line, mediocre animations, and some really stupid design decisions.

Its still fun as shit and no one can explain why that is.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I enjoy the story. Have for all the Fallout games. Are they award winning writing? Fuck no. They are ok though, more than ample enough for me to play through the games multiple times and sink 500 hours, likely more, over the course of owning it.

Story doesn't have to be groundbreaking and mind blowing to be enjoyable. I enjoy tons of ordinary shit. Most of it isn't mind blowing or different but still enjoyable.

Game should get a few months of no spoiler bull shit and then no one should care.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Ok. Let me propose a ruleset then, post your modifications and we'll vote later.

1. All quest (subquest, companion, main quest etc) must be in a spoiler without exception.
2. All character build, combat etc. discussion can be outside a spoiler unless it impacts #1. (Ex: How do you kill aliens?).
3. Locational information can be outside a spoiler unless it impacts #1.

What do you guys say?

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ok. Let me propose a ruleset then, post your modifications and we'll vote later.

1. All quest (subquest, companion, main quest etc) must be in a spoiler without exception.
2. All character build, combat etc. discussion can be outside a spoiler unless it impacts #1. (Ex: How do you kill aliens?).

What do you guys say?
Sounds good - how about trophy topic discussion - probably spoilers too? [I looked at the trophy list already myself, and does seem to strongly imply some story stuff in them]

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The stories are vastly superior to 99% of the other stuff out there so yeah keep it spoiler free.

There's that and an ok roller coaster, but not much else. It's ok to spend 30 minutes on during your first trip to Vegas if you're coming from I-15, but I think most people would be disappointed if they went out of their way for it.
I mentioned Primm because many in the thread are obsessed with New Vegas. The ok roller coaster is Bison Steves in the game (IRL buffalo bills.) It's great to visit if you love the series. I am in no way advocating Primm over the strip but it's a nice 1 hour excursion to see Americana and if you are a Fallout fan lol.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande

1.All quest (subquest, companion, main quest etc) must be in a spoiler without exception.
2. All character build, combat etc. discussion can be outside a spoilerunless it impacts #1. (Ex: How do you kill aliens?).

What do you guys say?
You just broke your own rule by informing me of aliens in the game. I hope people flood you with negs to offset this injustice...

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

What do you guys say?
Sounds good.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire

What do you guys say?
Sounds good.