Fallout 4

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So I caved and bought this collection just to get the swag from the box to use as a dice box for warhammer...

rrr_img_114462.jpg

Wondering if I should take it as a carry on when I fly to Texas next week or put it in our suitcase......
Nice Hodj and I posted ours too, I got my bomb sitting on the mantle.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I keep seeing people saying VATS paused combat in Fallout 3. Its been a really really long time since I've played Vanilla Fallout 3. I play with the TTWL mod that puts Fallout 3's map and content into NV and I know in NV VATS doesn't completely pause combat.

Did VATS completely pause the action in Fallout 3? I'm glad to see they've decided to stick with Obsidian's change in that regards for Fallout 4 if the case was in Fallout 3 VATS completely paused combat. That was a really dumb decision on Bethesda's part back in the day.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Nice Hodj and I posted ours too, I got my bomb sitting on the mantle.
Got my bomb in my office. Right under my giant Dragon Age Inquisition map. Waiting for one of my students to complain that it makes them feel unsafe or something.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I keep seeing people saying VATS paused combat in Fallout 3. Its been a really really long time since I've played Vanilla Fallout 3. I play with the TTWL mod that puts Fallout 3's map and content into NV and I know in NV VATS doesn't completely pause combat.

Did VATS completely pause the action in Fallout 3? I'm glad to see they've decided to stick with Obsidian's change in that regards for Fallout 4 if the case was in Fallout 3 VATS completely paused combat. That was a really dumb decision on Bethesda's part back in the day.
I guess I must really misremember because I could have sworn NV VATS paused combat as well

-edit-

Or are you talking about when you're actually firing after selecting your target in VATS?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I guess I must really misremember because I could have sworn NV VATS paused combat as well

-edit-

Or are you talking about when you're actually firing after selecting your target in VATS?
When firing after selecting targets.

I thought that's what everyone was complaining about, that it paused the enemies while your shots were fired off.

If the issue was it pausing combat while you selected targets then people have truly gone full retard because who gives a fuck in that case? Its like Real Time With Pause type RPGs at that point, and how can anyone complain about that?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It pauses combat while you choose your targets, then plays the actions in slo-mo. NV reduced the DR while VATS is executing from 90% to 25%, dropped the +crit from 15% to 6%, decreased how much enemies are slowed down, and doubled base damage and added some special attacks for melee and unarmed.

FO4 VATS doesn't pause the game at all from what I understand. Enemies still move (slowly) while you pick your actions, which sounds fucking retarded to me, but I guess I'll see how it plays. Pretty sure I'm going to be attempting to mod that shit out the moment FO4Edit is released though.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I like the idea of them being slow motion while I pick a target, kind of reminds me of FF7 with turn timers.

Vorph

Heh, first thing I do in FF games that have the option is shut off ATB. Fuck timers.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I like action timers like Chrono Trigger and FF3 compared to just vanilla turn based

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
This shit ain't a JRPG.

Its a shooter rpg. Combat pausing while you select the targets in VATS but then moving forwards in a near regular speed semi slow motion makes sense, because you need time to cycle through the various limbs and targets to select the proper target you want to attack.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I like the change as long as vats isnt a laggy buggy piece of shit like it was for me in both fo3 and nv on multiple platforms.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I just hope the game doesn't feel like you're playing Skyrim with guns. Both 3 and NV felt like someone put guns into oblivion imo.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I played with that builder some, not sure what to think about it really. I'm not really crazy with how it is laid out it feels like there is a bit much in the lower end and not enough up top I guess? Many of the values are missing though so who knows. I'm a little dubious this is going to be a good change.

Vorph

I like the change as long as vats isnt a laggy buggy piece of shit like it was for me in both fo3 and nv on multiple platforms.
The really annoying thing about that bug is that it didn't exist until like the 3rd FO3 patch, and then it was never fixed at all, not even for NV. Same with how they broke shooting grenades out of the air in VATS; worked at release, broken forever in a patch.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Seems so weird that you could theoretically go straight 10's in SPECIAL though around 39-40 or so. Especially with no level cap.
Its just the summation of Bethesda's "Make a character that can do everything" mentality

You can raise special or a perk? That how it works?
Yup.

Perks are tied to SPECIAL level so you have to have like a 10 agi to get the top level agi perks.