Fallout 4

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea, we'll see how it operates in reality, just "feels weird" off the other games. Might be fine in practice though.

Vorph

Raising a stat by a point is generally far less of an effect than what a perk gives. So if anything you're going to be annoyed to have to 'waste' a level up on raising a stat so that on the next one you can get a perk you want. Assuming they don't fuck it up, it should be fine.

And yes, I'm aware that's a pretty damn big assumption to make.

Urgoslav

Treasured Member
I like the idea of being able to get the SPECIAL up pretty quick. Fallout especially is all about seeing the little easter eggs and special options in dialog after multiple play-through, like having the Mechanist suit on when you talk to Moira, or doing a 1 INT play-through in general.

A lot of extra stuff comes about if you have 7 in every stat, but so does having random perks at the right time, so I guess it's w/e.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea keep in mind there's no more skill points, so being able to do shit looks like it is heavily tied to perks. So taking +1 agility is almost certainly a tiny bonus compared to any of the agility perks you're already entitled to unless you NEED that 9 or 10 for the perk you want. Remains to be seen how much stats affect base numbers but I suspect perks > stats almost always.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yea keep in mind there's no more skill points, so being able to do shit looks like it is heavily tied to perks. So taking +1 agility is almost certainly a tiny bonus compared to any of the agility perks you're already entitled to unless you NEED that 9 or 10 for the perk you want. Remains to be seen how much stats affect base numbers but I suspect perks > stats almost always.
Almost certainly, thats why stats are being used as the gatekeeper for perks. You can also get multiple levels of a perk, which increases its strength or adds new abilities to it apparently.

They did a short video on this stuff a few weeks ago, can probably find it on youtube or something.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
That guy is not very delicate, I was cringing at several points during that unboxing.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
What phone is that designed to hold? I have a Nexus 5 and that screen area looks way too tall for my phone, like there would be a totally obvious gap.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
There are specific phones that it was designed for, but they said there would bo some way to fit smaller phones in, like a styrofoam holder or something cant remember. But its only supposed to fit certain phones and honestly, thats gonna be a hassle anyway.

Its for display not use

Found a list of compatible phones

Fallout 4 Pip-Boy Edition Phone Compatibility List: iPhone 6+ Owners May Want To Cancel Their Pre-Order

We have word from Bethesda about the phones that will be compatible with the official Pip-Boy device coming with Fallout 4. According to the Bethesda website, we have new information on the phones compatible with the Pip-Boy Edition.

"The Pip-Boy included will have foam inserts that fit iPhone 6, iPhone 5/5s, iPhone 4/4S, Samsung Galaxy 5, and Samsung Galaxy 4," the site reads. "In addition, using the customizable foam insert you should be able to fit most other popular smartphone devices."

This means that popular phones such as the iPhone 6+ and Samsung Note lines will not be supported. This reason for this was to ensure the Pip-Boy device still looked good.

"As we wanted to stay faithful to the dimensions of the in-game model, any smartphones larger than the models listed will not fit inside the wearable device," the website says.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Re: special vs perks, I'm surprised that's the case.

I know at first SPECIAL points will be allocated purely to get perks, but I'm assuming that perks will reach a certain level of exhaustion at high levels and SPECIAL will become more attractive.

Vorph

If you get to that point I'd say you're pretty much soft-capped anyway. I mean, SPECIAL still maxes at 10, right?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
That guy doing the unboxing works for an official playstation magazine in Australia.

He's press.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I should be able to run the game on medium, at worst on low, but I'm kind of sad I don't currently have the money to upgrade. The game just looks so pretty and I'm so happy they finally added some goddamn color. I got super sick of the desert. Desert wastelands are fun, but not 3 games in a row lmao.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I'm seriously doubting that the pc requirements are as high as Bethesda claims they are, tbh.

Turn off gameworks bullshit and you'll probably be able to run it on high at 1980x1020p

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'll buy some of that Quantum Cola on release. And I don't even drink soda really!