Fallout 4

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I'm going to play the shit out of it, but yeah those graphics looked weak.

khorum

Murder Apologist
There'll be like 30gig texture mod packs and DD-breasted Anita mods for this game on day one. Frankly, I wouldn't mind if they roll with the assumption that the bethsoft mod community is gonna outdo their content by 10-to-1 and just get out a solid release for once.

Caliane

Its a Bethesda game. While the graphics I felt are remarkable in their "datedness"... that has little bearing on the appeal of the game itself.

Its a Bethesda game. While the graphics I felt are remarkable in their "datedness"... that has little bearing on the appeal of the game itself.
Pretty much this. I love the Fallout series and setting and would willingly play stick figures that fight with dildos if it meant I got to explore the mythos a little more.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Yea, that sounds like some strong OCD. Sucks bro. I used to have some hardcore completionist attention to detail shit, but I forced myself to ignore it and adjust my priorities when I game to be more objective oriented rather than exploratory.
I think it's due to old school NES type gaming, where exploring every nook and cranny was worth it, now a days, i think devs just put crap everywhere just to have stuff for you to "pick up" instead of putting stuff needed. I'll have to adjust, otherwise when games like this come out, i just won't bother, then i'm missing it.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
i've tried and tired to get into fallout.. it's difficult. I'm an explorer in games, it takes me DAYS to move on from an area, i have to turn explore every nook and cranny. by the time i get to a quest, i'm tired and just stop. I watch videos of others playing and i'm like OMG how did you not turn under the stairs to check there, or why did you not go back and explore the other path.. how can you move on without checking that crate/box/desk/cabinet etc.....
Maybe it's a gamers version of OCD, but when games this big are released, i'm so excited, then i get them and i spend weeks in the first area and end up with crap i prolly won't need anyway. Hell I'm still in the first area of TW3 lol you know how many plants there are!
You are not alone! The Last of Us for Ps3/Ps4 is the first game that guided me along enough, that I completed the whole game. Was F'ing fantastic! Couldn't ever play Skyrim. Got overwhelmed with literally everything you could do, and stopped playing without moving past the first little town you come too.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
'Got overwhelmed with litterally everthing you could do'. Comon now, that's grandpa talk. Maybe it's time to move on from gaming and pretend filing income taxes levels makes you happy.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
It's fine, it's not blowing my mind visually or anything, but it's Fallout so it should be fun.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm neither disappointed nor super hyped because of the trailer. The one question I have for FO4 is, "How are you going to make this experience build on and stand apart from FO3/FONV?". They had an answer for that for Oblivion (Gates, combat system, seamless world, character customization) and Skyrim (dragons, combat system, graphics, shouts). And the trailer didn't give an answer for it.

The one big thing I hope for from FO4 is they really try to have a 'survival' mode where you're constantly scrounging for ammo, food etc to survive. Then again recent games (rust et all) have kind of filled that niche.

I think it's due to old school NES type gaming, where exploring every nook and cranny was worth it, now a days, i think devs just put crap everywhere just to have stuff for you to "pick up" instead of putting stuff needed. I'll have to adjust, otherwise when games like this come out, i just won't bother, then i'm missing it.
I feel like Bethesda tried to beat that mentality out of you in Morrowind where the first room you get into has some 300 items neatly stacked everywhere. It was as if they said, "Oh so you think every item is important? I hope you like walking around encumbered!"

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I'm neither disappointed nor super hyped because of the trailer. The one question I have for FO4 is, "How are you going to make this experience build on and stand apart from FO3/FONV?". They had an answer for that for Oblivion (Gates, combat system, seamless world, character customization) and Skyrim (dragons, combat system, graphics, shouts). And the trailer didn't give an answer for it.

The one big thing I hope for from FO4 is they really try to have a 'survival' mode where you're constantly scrounging for ammo, food etc to survive. Then again recent games (rust et all) have kind of filled that niche.

I feel like Bethesda tried to beat that mentality out of you in Morrowind where the first room you get into has some 300 items neatly stacked everywhere. It was as if they said, "Oh so you think every item is important? I hope you like walking around encumbered!"
Evolving world ? I mean, it's obvious we won't be running through completely brown wasteland this time, so let's build shit. If the leaks about you being an android or something are true, what about ironman playthrough where after you die you get remade at some other location, neatly eliminating failure states.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fallout's "shit graphics" is their graphic style. Like cell shading or realism. They own "shit".

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't care about the graphics as long as the story and gameplay are solid. People gotta bitch about everything

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Compared directly to FO3/NV the graphics looked a lot better to me, so shrug. I'm super excited. If it's just more of the same I will put a couple hundred hours into it so :p

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Someone needs a mod for a boss mob near fenway, Mutated schilling with overgrown bazooka right arm that shoots bloody socks and carries a bag behind his back with money falling out of it
Come to think of it, a way to get to Rhode Island and see a dilapidated (unchanged?) version of the studio in game would be neat. Maybe that's why they sympathy hired some folks from there for a few weeks

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I've never played any of the Fallout games but they've always intrigued me. Maybe I'll finally get into one.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I don't care about the graphics as long as the story and gameplay are solid. People gotta bitch about everything
The Witcher 3 demonstrated that graphics may not negatively impact storytelling potential, but they can certainly enhance it. Something tells me the 3D models and dialogue won't be nearly as expressive or emotionally believable due to the graphical limitations of Gamebryo (if that is indeed the engine they're using).

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Evolving world ? I mean, it's obvious we won't be running through completely brown wasteland this time, so let's build shit. If the leaks about you being an android or something are true, what about ironman playthrough where after you die you get remade at some other location, neatly eliminating failure states.
I'd love it if you're an android that was alive during the great war and was taken offline until they open the vault. It'd make it be the first interesting character you play in the FO franchise, lol.