Fallout 4

khalid

Unelected Mod
This is a gaming forum, not neogaf. We aren't fucking casuals. We minmax everything. If I was playing fucking candy crush, I'd still be trying to minmax the shit out of it.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I'm bucking the trend and rolling with all 5's in all my SPECIAL stats to start with!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Given what we know about FO4 that could be an optimal build.
They are also forgetting that each point in IN beyond what they need for a perk unlock is effectively a lost level that needs to be made up by the +10% xp modifier. If you only need 4 IN for your build and take 10 IN anyway, you need 32 levels before you break even with the 6 lost levels that could have gone into stats you actually needed to unlock other important things.
Why do you say 32 levels?

It's kind of blowing my mind watching people in here trying to theory craft the game for optimal min-maxing. It's a Bethesda game for fucks sake, not an MMO.
There's basically two reasons people like me are theorycrafting about FO4: 1. It's what we do for fun. 2: We want to play FO4 and it's the closest thing to playing it.

Dulldain_sl

shitlord
Here's a wrench to throw into the Int build gears.

Perk
Luck 5 perk: "You're not idiot...! Just different. Randomly receive three times EXP (experience points) for any action. The lower your intelligence, the greater the chance"

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Why do you say 32 levels?
The math in the reddit post you linked yesterday. Apparently they figured out that FO4 videos showed the same xp curve as Skyrim, so it is easy to calculate how much catching up you have to do if you 'waste' points in IN at character creation. If you only need 4 IN for your build but you take 10 IN anyway, you'll be level 32 before the extra +60% xp gives you 6 full levels of experience.

If you want to min-max, look at the perk list when a complete one gets released and figure out what IN you'll need for the perk with the highest req. That's what you want to take for IN at creation, since adding more IN later on is non-optimal. You can also do cheesy shit like take 10 IN the first time, get +100% xp while doing the tutorial vault, then use respec when exiting into the world to set it to 4 or whatever you need.

Edit: And speaking of perks,Fallout 4 perks - The Fallout wiki - Fallout: New Vegas and more - Wikiais getting slowly filled in. At least we have confirmation that higher ranks of a perk don't increase the stat req. So for IN, still looks to me like 4 is a good stopping point. Maybe 5 if Engineer is something good. Based on what's there now, I like 1-4-3-6-4-5-5.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
So Fallout 4 unlocks at around 6 am EST in New Zealand on the 9th.

I've used VPNs to unlock steam games early in the past and never had any problems with it, have never heard of anyone getting banned for unlocking games early (just don't use the VPN to make any purchases).

Basically you preload the game, log into Steam via the VPN, unlock the preload, set your Steam to Offline mode (and don't turn it back on online mode until after the game unlocks in your region) and you're good to go playing the game a day early.

Here's a NZ VPN with a 3 day free trial access plan if anyone is interested

New Zealand VPN - Fast VPN Service For New Zealand | Golden Frog

Another VPN alternative here

Best VPN Service | Change IP For Online Games, Security Anonymous Surfing, Unblock Website | FlyVPN

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I remember doing that for skyrim and all the VPN services got wrekt from overusage, lol.

Anyone use golden frog VPN service before and can affirm it works for steam localization?

Also, based on the time change the US just had, midnight NZ is 6AM EST right?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I remember doing that for skyrim and all the VPN services got wrekt from overusage, lol.

Anyone use golden frog VPN service before and can affirm it works for steam localization?

Also, based on the time change the US just had, midnight NZ is 6AM EST right?
I haven't used golden frog before but it is suggested on leddit so I'm assuming it's fine. There are a lot of options you can try if it sucks. SoftEther is a free one run through Japan but I can't find a current Aus or NZ proxy server through it (they change regularly to fuck with the North Korean and Chinese authorities since its a service used by a lot of people in those countries to circumvent their censors)

And NZ is 18 hours ahead of our time, so 6 am it should be.

Here's another VPN that has servers in NZ

New Zealand VPN | ExpressVPN

And Golden Frog is the first result on Google when search New Zealand VPN so its probably the most popular at least.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
SoftEther is a free one run through Japan but I can't find a current Aus or NZ proxy server through it (they change regularly to fuck with the North Korean and Chinese authorities since its a service used by a lot of people in those countries to circumvent their censors)
I use this one, just checked and I see one NZ for the moment.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
This is a gaming forum, not neogaf. We aren't fucking casuals. We minmax everything. If I was playing fucking candy crush, I'd still be trying to minmax the shit out of it.
and this is why after trolling these forums since noows and furor fighting with zaar on irc, that i still come here. minmax for life.