Fallout 4

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I don't even know of any other forums like this one, with pretty much exclusively high level min/max discussion on popular games, though I suppose I wouldn't know.

EJ is basically dead, back when I played WoW it was the #1 place for end-game discussion. Gamefaqs is dying but usually has gameplay focused discussion. reddit is good for spreading gameplay info but is too generic. Anytime I play a competitive MMO the resources we have internally for 1337 beta infoz are beyond what is available at any common website.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
finally, the perk list:

Perks organized by their letter in SPECIAL : fo4
[All hail Erickarkos](/spoiler) Leaked Perk List in Text Form. : fo4
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Strength - Strength is a measure of your raw physical power. It affects how much you can carry, and the damage of all melee attacks.

L01 Iron Fist - Punching attacks do 20% more damage to your opponent.

L02 Big Leagues - Do 20% more melee weapon damage.

L03 Armorer - Access to base level and rank 1 armor mods.

L04 Blacksmith - Access to base level and rank 1 melee mods.

L05 Heavy Gunner - Heavy guns do 20% more damage.

L06 Strong back - Gain +25 to carry weight.

L07 Steady Aim - Hip-fire accuracy is impoved when firing any gun.

L08 Basher - Gun bashing does 25% more damage.

L09 Rooted - While standing still you gain +25 damage resistance and your melee and unarmed attacks deal 25% more damage.

L10 Pain Train - While wearing power armor, sprinting into enemies hurts and staggers them. (Robots and oversized enemies are immune to the stagger.

Perception - Perception is your enviromental awareness and "sixth sense", and affects weapon accuracy in V.A.T.S.

L01 Pickpocket - Picking pockets 25% easier.

L02 Rifleman - Attacks with non-automatic rifles do 20% more damage.

L03 Awareness - You can view a targets specific damage resistances in V.A.T.S.

L04 Locksmith - Your nimble fingers allow you to pick Advanced locks.

L05 Demolition Expert - Your explosives do 25% more damge and you can craft explosives at any chemistry station.

L06 Night Person - Gain +2 to Intelligence and Perception between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.

L07 Refractor - Instantly gain +10 energy resistance.

L08 Sniper - You have improved control and can hold your breath longer when aiming with scopes.

L09 Penetrator - In V.A.T.S. you can target an enemy's body parts that are blocked by cover, with a decrease in accuracy.

L10 Concentrated fire - In V.A.T.S. every attack on the same body part gains +10% accuracy.

Endurance - Endurance is a measuree of your overall physical fitness. It affects your total Heath and the Action Point drain from sprinting.

L01 Toughness - You now have +20 damage resistance.

L02 Lead Belly - Take less radiation from eating or drinking.

L03 Life Giver - You instantly gain another +20 maximum Health.

L04 Chem Resistant - You're 50% less likely to get addicted when consuming chems

L05 Aquaboy - You no longer take radiation damage from swimming, and can breathe underwater.

L06 Rad Resistant - Gain +10 radiation resistance.

L07 Adamantium Skeleton - Reduce limb damage by 30%

L08 Cannibal - Eating human corpses restores heath.

L09 Ghoulish - Radiation now regenerates your lost heath.

L10 Solar Powered - Gain +2 to strength and endurance between the hours of 6:00 AM and 6:00 PM

Charisma - Charisma is your ability to charm and convince others. It affects your success to persuade in dialogue and prices when you barter.

L01 Cap Collector - Buying and selling prices at vendors are now much better.

L02 Lady Killer - Women suffer +5% damage in combat, and are easier to persuade in dialogue.

L03 Lone Wanderer - When adventuring without a companion you take 15% less damage and carry weight increase by 50 .

L04 Attack Dog - Your faithful canine companion can hold an enemy, giving you a greater chance to hit them in V.A.T.S.

L05 Animal Friend - With your gun, aim at any animal below your level and gain a chance to pacify it.

L06 Local Leader - You are able to establish supply lines between your workshop settlements

L07 Party Boy - There's no chance you'll get addicted to alcohol.

L08 Inspirational - Your companion does more damage in combat, and cannot hurt you.

L09 Wasteland Whisperer - With your gun, aim at any wasteland creature below your level and gain a chance to pacific.

L10 Intimidation - With your gun, aim at a any human opponent below your level and gain a chance to pacify them.

Intelligence - Intelligence is a measure of your overall mental acuity, and affects the number of Experience Points earned.

L01 V.A.N.S - The path to your closest quest target is displayed in V.A.T.S.

L02 Medic - Stimpaks now restore 60% of lost Heath, and Radaway removes 60% of radiation.

L03 Gun Nut - Access to base level and Rank 1 gun mods.

L04 Hacker - Knowledge of cutting-edge computer encryption allows you to hack Advanced terminals.

L05 Scrapper - You can salvage uncommon components like screws, aluminum, and copper when scrapping weapons and armor.

L06 Science - Access to base level and rank 1 high-tech mods.

L07 Chemist - Any chems you take last 50% longer.

L08 Robotics Expert - Hack a robot, and gain a chance to power it on or off, or initiate a self-destruct.

L09 Nuclear Physicist - Radiation weapons do 50% more damage and fusion cores last an extra 25% longer.

L10 Nerd Rage - When your health drops below 20%, time slows and you gain +20 damage resistance and do 20% more damage with the effect last.

Agility - Agility is a measure of your overall finesse and reflexes. It affects the number of Action Points in V.A.T.S and your ability to sneak.

L01 Gunslinger - Non-automatic pistols do 20% more.

L02 Commando - Your automatic weapons now do 40% more damage, with improved fire accuracy.

L03 Sneak - You are 20% harder to detect while sneaking.

L04 Mister Sandman - You can now instantly kill a sleeping person. Your silenced weapons do an additional 15% sneak attack damage.

L05 Action boy - Your action points regenerate 25% faster.

L06 Moving Target - Get +25 damage resistance and +25 energy resistance when you're sprinting.

L07 Ninja - Your ranged sneak attacks do 2.5x normal damage and your melee sneak attacks do 4x normal damage.

L08 Quick Hands - You can reload all guns faster.

L09 Blitz - V.A.T.S. melee distance is increased significantly.

L10 Gun-Fu - Do 25% more damage to your second V.A.T.S. target and beyond

Luck - Luck is a measure of your general good fortuine, and afcfects the recharge rate of Critical Hits.

L01 Fortune Finder - You find even more bottle caps.

L02 Scounger - You find even more ammunition in containers.

L03 Bloody Mess - You now inflict +10% damage in combat.

L04 Mysterious Stranger - The mysterious stranger will appear occasionally in V.A.T.S to lend a hand.

L05 Idiot Savant - Randomly receive 3x XP from any action, and the lower your Intelligence, the greater the chance.

L06 Better Criticals - Criticals do 50% more extra damage.

L07 Critical Banker - Save a critical hit to be used in V.A.T.S when you need it the most.

L08 Grim Reaper's Sprint - Any kill in V.A.T.S. has a 15% chance to restore all action points.

L09 Four Leaf Clover - Each hit in V.A.T.S has a chance of filling your critical meter.

L10 Ricohet - An enemy's ranged attack will sometimes ricochet back and instantly kill them. The closer you are to death, the higher the chance.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm like 90% sure that's not technically a complete list, because I believe some of the perks have special traits they add at the last level / interim levels of the perk, although I could be mistaken. It's a good start though for sure.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I'm like 90% sure that's not technically a complete list, because I believe some of the perks have special traits they add at the last level / interim levels of the perk, although I could be mistaken. It's a good start though for sure.
You are correct. Perks can have multiple levels invested in them, and new abilities will come from that, not just like doubling or tripling their base effectiveness, either.

Lorren_sl

shitlord
finally, the perk list:

Perks organized by their letter in SPECIAL : fo4
[All hail Erickarkos](/spoiler) Leaked Perk List in Text Form. : fo4
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Strength - Strength is a measure of your raw physical power. It affects how much you can carry, and the damage of all melee attacks.

L01 Iron Fist - Punching attacks do 20% more damage to your opponent.

L02 Big Leagues - Do 20% more melee weapon damage.

L03 Armorer - Access to base level and rank 1 armor mods.

L04 Blacksmith - Access to base level and rank 1 melee mods.

L05 Heavy Gunner - Heavy guns do 20% more damage.

L06 Strong back - Gain +25 to carry weight.

L07 Steady Aim - Hip-fire accuracy is impoved when firing any gun.

L08 Basher - Gun bashing does 25% more damage.

L09 Rooted - While standing still you gain +25 damage resistance and your melee and unarmed attacks deal 25% more damage.

L10 Pain Train - While wearing power armor, sprinting into enemies hurts and staggers them. (Robots and oversized enemies are immune to the stagger.

Perception - Perception is your enviromental awareness and "sixth sense", and affects weapon accuracy in V.A.T.S.

L01 Pickpocket - Picking pockets 25% easier.

L02 Rifleman - Attacks with non-automatic rifles do 20% more damage.

L03 Awareness - You can view a targets specific damage resistances in V.A.T.S.

L04 Locksmith - Your nimble fingers allow you to pick Advanced locks.

L05 Demolition Expert - Your explosives do 25% more damge and you can craft explosives at any chemistry station.

L06 Night Person - Gain +2 to Intelligence and Perception between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.

L07 Refractor - Instantly gain +10 energy resistance.

L08 Sniper - You have improved control and can hold your breath longer when aiming with scopes.

L09 Penetrator - In V.A.T.S. you can target an enemy's body parts that are blocked by cover, with a decrease in accuracy.

L10 Concentrated fire - In V.A.T.S. every attack on the same body part gains +10% accuracy.

Endurance - Endurance is a measuree of your overall physical fitness. It affects your total Heath and the Action Point drain from sprinting.

L01 Toughness - You now have +20 damage resistance.

L02 Lead Belly - Take less radiation from eating or drinking.

L03 Life Giver - You instantly gain another +20 maximum Health.

L04 Chem Resistant - You're 50% less likely to get addicted when consuming chems

L05 Aquaboy - You no longer take radiation damage from swimming, and can breathe underwater.

L06 Rad Resistant - Gain +10 radiation resistance.

L07 Adamantium Skeleton - Reduce limb damage by 30%

L08 Cannibal - Eating human corpses restores heath.

L09 Ghoulish - Radiation now regenerates your lost heath.

L10 Solar Powered - Gain +2 to strength and endurance between the hours of 6:00 AM and 6:00 PM

Charisma - Charisma is your ability to charm and convince others. It affects your success to persuade in dialogue and prices when you barter.

L01 Cap Collector - Buying and selling prices at vendors are now much better.

L02 Lady Killer - Women suffer +5% damage in combat, and are easier to persuade in dialogue.

L03 Lone Wanderer - When adventuring without a companion you take 15% less damage and carry weight increase by 50 .

L04 Attack Dog - Your faithful canine companion can hold an enemy, giving you a greater chance to hit them in V.A.T.S.

L05 Animal Friend - With your gun, aim at any animal below your level and gain a chance to pacify it.

L06 Local Leader - You are able to establish supply lines between your workshop settlements

L07 Party Boy - There's no chance you'll get addicted to alcohol.

L08 Inspirational - Your companion does more damage in combat, and cannot hurt you.

L09 Wasteland Whisperer - With your gun, aim at any wasteland creature below your level and gain a chance to pacific.

L10 Intimidation - With your gun, aim at a any human opponent below your level and gain a chance to pacify them.

Intelligence - Intelligence is a measure of your overall mental acuity, and affects the number of Experience Points earned.

L01 V.A.N.S - The path to your closest quest target is displayed in V.A.T.S.

L02 Medic - Stimpaks now restore 60% of lost Heath, and Radaway removes 60% of radiation.

L03 Gun Nut - Access to base level and Rank 1 gun mods.

L04 Hacker - Knowledge of cutting-edge computer encryption allows you to hack Advanced terminals.

L05 Scrapper - You can salvage uncommon components like screws, aluminum, and copper when scrapping weapons and armor.

L06 Science - Access to base level and rank 1 high-tech mods.

L07 Chemist - Any chems you take last 50% longer.

L08 Robotics Expert - Hack a robot, and gain a chance to power it on or off, or initiate a self-destruct.

L09 Nuclear Physicist - Radiation weapons do 50% more damage and fusion cores last an extra 25% longer.

L10 Nerd Rage - When your health drops below 20%, time slows and you gain +20 damage resistance and do 20% more damage with the effect last.

Agility - Agility is a measure of your overall finesse and reflexes. It affects the number of Action Points in V.A.T.S and your ability to sneak.

L01 Gunslinger - Non-automatic pistols do 20% more.

L02 Commando - Your automatic weapons now do 40% more damage, with improved fire accuracy.

L03 Sneak - You are 20% harder to detect while sneaking.

L04 Mister Sandman - You can now instantly kill a sleeping person. Your silenced weapons do an additional 15% sneak attack damage.

L05 Action boy - Your action points regenerate 25% faster.

L06 Moving Target - Get +25 damage resistance and +25 energy resistance when you're sprinting.

L07 Ninja - Your ranged sneak attacks do 2.5x normal damage and your melee sneak attacks do 4x normal damage.

L08 Quick Hands - You can reload all guns faster.

L09 Blitz - V.A.T.S. melee distance is increased significantly.

L10 Gun-Fu - Do 25% more damage to your second V.A.T.S. target and beyond

Luck - Luck is a measure of your general good fortuine, and afcfects the recharge rate of Critical Hits.

L01 Fortune Finder - You find even more bottle caps.

L02 Scounger - You find even more ammunition in containers.

L03 Bloody Mess - You now inflict +10% damage in combat.

L04 Mysterious Stranger - The mysterious stranger will appear occasionally in V.A.T.S to lend a hand.

L05 Idiot Savant - Randomly receive 3x XP from any action, and the lower your Intelligence, the greater the chance.

L06 Better Criticals - Criticals do 50% more extra damage.

L07 Critical Banker - Save a critical hit to be used in V.A.T.S when you need it the most.

L08 Grim Reaper's Sprint - Any kill in V.A.T.S. has a 15% chance to restore all action points.

L09 Four Leaf Clover - Each hit in V.A.T.S has a chance of filling your critical meter.

L10 Ricohet - An enemy's ranged attack will sometimes ricochet back and instantly kill them. The closer you are to death, the higher the chance.
Also after doing some reading on these perk/special spoilers I found out special stats DO NOT CAP at 10, you can level/roll them to 10 but bobbleheads & perk bonuses will allow you to have special stats beyond the base 10.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I don't remember much about the perks in FO3 and NV, but these perks seem to have a lot more synergy between the stats for specific builds than I remember FO3 and NV having.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Also after doing some reading on these perk/special spoilers I found out special stats DO NOT CAP at 10, you can level/roll them to 10 but bobbleheads & perk bonuses will allow you to have special stats beyond the base 10.
Yep. Endurance (a level 10 perk) giving +2 END is strong evidence of that. This is also how it works in Fallout Shelter which is technically the latest Fallout game...

Would be interesting if SPECIAL works like stats in D&D where it scales exponentially. Ex: 18 is a typical strong man, perfect 18 is a competitive powerlifter, 19 is the strongest dude who ever stronged and 20 starts to get on demi-god levels.

http://www.ancientscrossroads.com/ad.../str_table.htm

It probably doesn't though. My guess is going from 9 to 10 increases your damage as much as going from 14 to 15.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
That's not exponential really, it's basically linear wrapped in the dumb 18/00 sub numbers. If you flattened 18/XX into normal numbers it'd look mostly the same as every edition of D&D since where it is super linear :p

There's no reason to throw exponential gains into a stat system like this, balance is way way easier if you avoid that.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I wasn't expecting so many perks to have multiple ranks. Just going down the stuff that looks like it would be nice for a Gun/VATS build I come up with 60 perks and 13 (+7 bobbleheads) SPECIAL added. 70+ levels seems like a lot, at least pre-DLC.

Not a fan of guns being split into non-auto pistol, non-auto rifle, and generic auto either. Might have to go with sneak/pistol for the first time through.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Hey guys here are some pictures from our Fallout New Vegas trip. I will post more later.

Red Rock Canyon

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Pioneer Saloon. Great food and sarsaparilla. We played Big Iron on the Jukebox and did shots together.

The Bartender was some cowboy and kept asking us what factions we played. We talked fallout with him for 15 minutes after lunch. The Ghost Burger was legit.

rrr_img_114972.jpg
rrr_img_114971.jpg
rrr_img_114970.jpg
rrr_img_114973.jpg
rrr_img_114974.jpg
rrr_img_114975.jpg

Quaid

Trump's Staff
So I'm not a fan of gore in video games... or really media at all. I can handle it, but I just always find it a bit lame.

I never played the most recent Fallout games, and I'm wondering how energy weapons behave. If I stick to energy weapons will enemies just get 'disintegrated', or will I still see their limbs fly off and shit? Will bloody mess add guts to energy weapon kills, or just more pewpew sparklies? Thanks

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Heh, and here I'm wondering how long it'll take for Enhanced Blood, More Gore, and Sensible Dismemberment mods to be available. (Hopefully the latter won't be necessary, but I'll believe it when I see it.)

I definitely agree about the default gore/dismemberment being lame in 3 and NV though. Not even talking about Bloody Mess either, just the default 'physics'. Even the shittiest little weapons in the game have an extremely high chance to either sever or explode a limb, and there's not even any logic to which weapons cut and which ones pulverize. Sensible Dismemberment fixed it so only powerful weapons could do that kind of damage, and made guns only able to explode while lasers and bladed weapons severed.

As for EWs, it's been a really long time since I played Fallout without those mods or EVE specifically for making EWs look a hell of a lot better, but I'm certain that lasers and plasma could (and did, all the damn time) dismember. Not sure if they made limbs explode or not, but I think they did that too.