Fallout 4

spronk

FPS noob
the $1 deluxe pip boy edition is out at staples

1BgZSyS.jpg

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Did you GMG purchasers get the keys for the base game and season pass separately? I got my season pass key this morning at 5am but nothing on the base game.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Send em an email, they probably just messed something up.

Have you checked your GMG library for the keys as well (I'm guessing you did just asking for completion's sake)

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
I just purchased this from GMG and my key was shown at the checkout completion page. Plugged it into Steam and preloading as we speak.

So... I've only been watching this thread for the last 15 or 20 pages... but as a complete Fallout newb, any build suggestions? I see people saying going melee would result in you getting wrecked, and I see people saying to get pick locks and computer hacking in general. Anyone want to offer up any advice, basic stuff, or explanations of why they go a certain route? For example, I see lots of stuff about getting addicted to things and rads, but have no idea what that really means from a gameplay perspective.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
It really isn't that big a deal. You can beat the game with melee, but it is harder. You can not have locking picking and hacking, but you'll miss lots of shit.

At the end of the day, if I'm being completely honest, the Bethesda Fallouts are watered down as hell and literally any build will work if you want it to.

Especially at default difficulty levels.

The fun of the game is primarily that its a sci fi shooter. So having agi and perception allows you to do that. High luck gives good crits. High charisma lets you build shit. Having high Int lets you level faster. High str is useful for carrying lots of shit and foightan round the world.

My personal suggestion is the first time through, you just want to go with a standard agi/per centered build so you can use most of the cool guns and blow shit up. Next play through get all experimental if you want.

I personally played Fallout 3 and New Vegas and Skyrim for probably about 1000 hours all combined, that's multiple characters and play throughs each. You always end up finding something new, no matter how thorough you thought you were the previous time. I was playing F3 and NV combined in Tale of Two Wastelands mod this summer for a bit, and I found an entire zone I'd never seen before (Arlington National Cemetary). I was like "Holy shit how did I miss this?" So you'll probably play the game multiple times and its not critical to soak every inch of the game out in one play through no matter what path you pick.

Final suggestion: Pick something that seems fun and roll with it. That's all you really need to do.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
Thinking about rolling a 1 int character and picking up the savant skill and rolling up Forrest. Is it known if Int still affects your conversation dialogues as in the previous versions?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anywhere with fiber to the home. 10-70MB/s is the normal range for that now, and places with Google Fiber are up to twice as fast. The sad thing is that in most places it costs less than what I pay for 50Mbps--a lot less.