Fallout 4

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That fucker on the array had a quad shot homing rocket launcher, I had to sprint in, then out to lead the dogs away, kill them, then sprint toward him and melee him down in vats.
I had to do this also(I had to kite dogs to national guard place, cause there was 2 legendaries and they could 1 shot me). Though I think he ran out of ammo, as he came down to melee me. I had to do a lot of dancing/baiting in that area, as a melee.

Can't wait to reach that big island in SW. Going to build a huge settlement on it. Guess you get the entire island + a lot of water to work with.

Having never played a Fallout game before, I picked up Fallout 4 based on the recommendation of friends and co-workers. My first impression was that I was pleased that the game was very noob-friendly. I didn't feel completely lost because I had not played the other games. That being said, I played the game for about 5 hours, struggling to find something remotely fun or interesting to do. Since then, I have played for maybe another 3 hours. I fail to find what the big deal about this game is. I'm not finding it to be fun at all.
Game is not for everyone. Some people will not like these kind of open ended adventure games.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
You should call the New York Times, Im sure the 12 million plus people who bought the game are dying to find out your input on this subject, and reserving your opinion to only the users of rerolled is doing a disservice to humanity.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Readable version of the map Gorehack posted:Dropbox - Fallout 4 Map.png

(Location spoilers, obviously.)

I have one point in scrounger and keep selling ammo because I have so much. Like 1500 rounds of laser ammo, etc.
No scrounger at all, and the only thing I don't have hundreds/thousands of is 2mm EC. My primary ammo for about half the time I've played was .45 and I have 3177 of that right now--and I've probably sold at least 1000 more.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I have 2 in scrounger. I had ammo issues until early 20's. Mainly because I'm an idiot and was only using 10mm, 5.56, and shotty ammo. I had a shit ton of .50 cal and .45 bullets saved up and once I found out combat rifles were different from assault rifles and used .45 ammo and were bad ass and a pipe rifle could be upgraded to use the 1500 .50 cal bullets I had saved up ammo problems were over. I don't regret scavenger though as .38 bullets are great for caps.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I have to keep buying 307
frown.png

Izuldan_sl

shitlord
Also, I might have to abandon the survivalist pistoleer. Got to the quest where Danse sends you after
the missing patrol. I did the national guard area just fine, but the fucking satellite array is impossible without sniping at least ONE of the super mutants. The blast radius for football nukes also seems much, much larger on survivalist
I had similar issues and was a pistoleer, I know exactly what area you are talking about. The way I did it was:

there's like 6 to 8 heavy mutants, but there's like 1 or 2 up the stairs on each dish array, including the super mutant in the middle with one of his buddies. The way I did it was to pop Med-X (because everyone seems to be taking pot shots at you), run up a tower, then kill the mutants you find up there. Your companion should be able to tank for you for a bit. After you clear the tower run to the top of it and get out of line of sight. Wait for your companion to recover. Rinse and repeat for each dish array. Be generous with the quick saves, as usual. I was using shotgun as well as pistols. This was pretty early in the game for me as I recall, so my weapons weren't even that good. If that still doesn't work you can always put on Power Armor and use the same strat, which should make it much easier.

Izuldan_sl

shitlord
Hm. I dunno. Ive stayed between 300 and 500 rounds of the stuff pretty regularly.

I have one point in scrounger and keep selling ammo because I have so much. Like 1500 rounds of laser ammo, etc.
Wow, not my experience at all. Granted I don't use VATS much so I'm probably wasting a lot of ammo. I have Scrounger 2 and I still have to buy certain ammo constantly (like laser and .50) I guess my aim sucks heh. Either that or I need to raise my Perception.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Wow, not my experience at all. Granted I don't use VATS much so I'm probably wasting a lot of ammo. I have Scrounger 2 and I still have to buy certain ammo constantly (like laser and .50) I guess my aim sucks heh. Either that or I need to raise my Perception.
Its both. Low Per plus rarely using vats = massive waste of ammo.

khorum

Murder Apologist
is there a recipe that allows you to craft cloth? Kinda like crafting corn starch for adhesives?

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm 23 so far and I've only had to use the power armor twice, and both times were sort of required. The very first and then the Sentry Robot at the
National Guard Building
so I have like 7 suits just chilling at my base, and something like 30 fusion cores. Survivalist is fun, but the only time I am getting raped is surprise fatman nukes or having two deathclaws aggro on me in open terrain. Otherwise it's just sneak around and try to pop melons, and having a sniper rifle to pick off annoying things like super mutants on towers with missile launchers. Otherwise I'm like combat shotgun/combat rifle/10mm fully modded pistol (with recon sight and silencer). I did run into a super fun raider uh.. raid, on one of my settlements though. Literally every raider had a rocket launcher and there was like 11 of them. Absolutely got wrecked like .5seconds after loading into the area, and it autosaved there. I was basically hammering my tab key as it loaded so I could med-x/nuka cola up and start sprinting away to get some aiming time. Beat it second attempt, but it was hilarious to just hear the "shhhhhhhhhh!" sound coming from like every direction at once and just seeing the smoke trails from all over my screen. Good times.

Vorph

is there a recipe that allows you to craft cloth? Kinda like crafting corn starch for adhesives?
Can only craft adhesive and oil AFAIK. Oil's not even worth it, too much pain in the ass to collect 8 units of bone for each cutting fluid combine.

I get my cloth from packs/cartons of cigarettes and the 3495830 rolls of duct tape I've picked up. Plus I have like 5000 pre-war money just waiting to be scrapped should I ever actually need more cloth for something.

Caliane

Can only craft adhesive and oil AFAIK. Oil's not even worth it, too much pain in the ass to collect 8 units of bone for each cutting fluid combine.

I get my cloth from packs/cartons of cigarettes and the 3495830 rolls of duct tape I've picked up. Plus I have like 5000 pre-war money just waiting to be scrapped should I ever actually need more cloth for something.
uh. like building a literal bed of pre-war money?

Tenks

I found it funny newspapers give you cloth. I was 1 cloth short of making a bed at one of my colonies so I looted a newspaper and that was good enough to make it. Sounds comfy!

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Cloth and lead are stupid. At least with lead they said fuck it and put a weight room with a thousand units in it. You telling me no goddamned mattress factories survived?

Vaclav

You can breakdown shitty outfits for cloth if you force it by dropping + scrapping.

Caliane

dont forget to check the general store in diamond city, trashcan carla, or gen store you build for random mats like that. ive gotten ballistic fiber from there even.

Tenks

It seems the plane crash sort of near your starting settlement respawns a bunch of suitcases and you can get all sorts of random shit there

khorum

Murder Apologist
Well I was thinking more about the logic of making adhesives from cooking starch which made sense to pressing flax from razorgrain for cloth or something on the chem station. I haven't messed with chem crafting so I thought maybe it's there. O well.

As to why I needed cloth.... For some reason my county crossing settlement has 23 ppl in it and I obsess about the city building part so I splurged on the beds rugs and furniture. They're prolly all synths by now tho.