Fallout 4

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
@Gorehack

As a Survivalist Pistoleer, listen up.

In order to do the satellite array the key is drawing the supermutants out. I mined the fuck out of the field in front of it along the way to the settlement near it. All but two of the mutants will chase you pretty far. Almost to the National Guard Depot. Just kill them as they lumber towards you/lead them into your mines. The legendary supermutant at the top of the tower never came down to me. I killed him with a missile launcher (that I looted from the missile launcher mutant also in the array). I also used the flare gun so my zerg army killed a bunch of them.

Think outside the box son! Dart rifle is also extremely helpful in that situation. Lots of tools people don't seem to be using or talking about on here.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
@Gorehack

As a Survivalist Pistoleer, listen up.

In order to do the satellite array the key is drawing the supermutants out. I mined the fuck out of the field in front of it along the way to the settlement near it. All but two of the mutants will chase you pretty far. Almost to the National Guard Depot. Just kill them as they lumber towards you/lead them into your mines. The legendary supermutant at the top of the tower never came down to me. I killed him with a missile launcher (that I looted from the missile launcher mutant also in the array). I also used the flare gun so my zerg army killed a bunch of them.

Think outside the box son! Dart rifle is also extremely helpful in that situation. Lots of tools people don't seem to be using or talking about on here.
Makes sense, thanks for that. I think part of my issue is I need to do some more scrounging and scrapping first to get the necessary tools to make a run on it. I've used up pretty much all my mines at the building before the array with those fucking super ghouls. I swear to christ there were 4 legendary fuckers in there. Talk about spamming quickload.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Getting 3 sneak or so and a silencer on a good 10mm does WONDERS for improving the Pistoleer. Sneak up close and blow em away! I got for anything that increases AP and decreases VATS AP cost as I like using VATS personally. It might have been nice to have demolitioner or whatever in the Perception tree to make mines and stuff. But they were easy enough to buy/find so whatever.

Use the Flare gun often. It will save your ass. I also use Chems all the time (MedEx, Psycho, Buffout and Grape Mentats for Charisma checks). JetPyscho is my OHHHHH SHIT! button. Constant addictions, but easy to resolve with Refreshing Beverages and the Diamond City doctor.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Got me a pretty nice .44 that shoots a whole lot of nothing because that ammo is apparently rare as fuck even with scavenger 2.
Same here. Found a sweet snubnose within my first hour of playing and have found/bought roughly 40 bullets for it since. About 26 hours playtime so far with scavenger 2. Really unfortunate, the thing wrecked face.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Same here. Found a sweet snubnose within my first hour of playing and have found/bought roughly 40 bullets for it since. About 26 hours playtime so far with scavenger 2. Really unfortunate, the thing wrecked face.
Yea I was one shotting stuff with the 20 rounds I had Dirty Harry style...and now it's hold down the lid on my gear box in Sanctuary.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
While leveling I put a point in each rifles and pistols, and the rest have been hacking/lockpicking and the occasional SPECIAL point to move into things like the Leader perk or Science1. My damage is alright enough to get me through stuff without too much of an issue, but now that I'm basically just dumping points into the combat stuff, I expect it to get faceroll easy pretty quickly.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So confused on my settlements other than being kinda stuck at various stages of advancement. (ex tenpines bluff still has 2 despite amble food/water/beds/defence) Right now 2 of my places have the warning symbol next to happiness. That mean an attack or they just want a vanity item built or something? Ive yet to have an attack that I know of. So I dont know what the warning looks like or anything.

Did love seeing my first like Irobot looking T2000 fight with some synths. Though their automatic pistol and a rifle I got seem kinda underwhelming vs my current standard laser pistol but I imagine largely an effect of not having science yet to unlock better than rank 0 mods. Auto seemed kinda promising modding it up to like 18 dmg but with a whopping 240 fussion cells imagine id blow it fast.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Not going to lie, I had no idea pre war money was cloth. Really isn't that bad now. In previous games and this one pre-war money is a huge source of income for me so never put it in a station.

Can't get past the dogmeat animation when he's trying to get up. The feels. Going to stop using him.

Love the voice acting especially Super Mutants. Always loved the original concept of having a hideous, grunting race of Hulk's who also happen to be completely superior to you in every way.

18 hours in just reached
the castle

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Doh, forgot recuitment tower, usually build that asap.

I save my prewar for selling, never had shortage of cloth.

Still confused about random happiness warning (@ 78 but warning symbol)

Jait

Molten Core Raider
My shortage is primarily due to needing 5+ beds in out of the way places and I haven't learned to ferry shit yet or how caravans and such work. In short, I'm fucking lazy. It's not that bad.

Caliane

Apparently (according to people online) if you make a new character it actually automatically makes a new save profile, and so when you go to load you choose between them. Haven't tried it myself though.
it does. in the load screen hit "T" to swap character.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I had that problem, what you do is you sell all the crappy ammo you don't need .38 perhaps .45 .50 .308 and go to Diamond city and use the 3 vendors, they all sell every type of ammo. I have Scavanger2 and I end up rolling with 700+ .38 shells and just trade them for .44 fusion cells and 10mm which is pretty much all I use right now. When in doubt, sit/sleep for 48 hours for them to restock. I also have the cheap vendor perk as i recall you need it to make lvl 3 stores in your settlement which are needed to 100% happiness.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I always wondered why Wastelanders would buy Pre-War money with caps. I kinda recall it being coveredin Fallout 2, but that was a long damn time ago.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Doh, forgot recuitment tower, usually build that asap.

I save my prewar for selling, never had shortage of cloth.

Still confused about random happiness warning (@ 78 but warning symbol)
Folks get unhappy when you are questing. I also hear they are happy when chilling out together, so set up the dinner bell, have enough food/water defense (over 100) ring the bell then sleep/sit for 1 hour and do it again if on the road for 100%

VariaVespasa_sl

shitlord
Saving it for when I find the rarest item in the entire game: the pristine pre-war toilet.
You too, huh? I sooo wanna rip those 2 out of that Skylanes crash, dammit!

Yeah, my game total income of .44 ammo with scav 2 is 132 rounds. It aint common.
frown.png

I just went snorkling in Lake Quannapowitt- its quite something when youre eating 28 rads through Rad-X, is all I can say....

Izuldan_sl

shitlord
How are you buying all the ammo though? I know there is a cap exploit, but I refuse to use it. As is, I can easily spend 1k-2k in caps on ammo every visit if i had the money. I have the Cap Perk at level 1, but I rarely seem to have more than a few thousand cap on me. Am I missing something? Maybe you have super high charisma and the vendor perks?