Fallout 4

Izuldan_sl

shitlord
Also.....I just finished off

Kellogg

And I have to say that is some of the worst voice acting ever, as far as my own voice (the Vault Dweller's).

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I have no cha and no perks for that. You trade ammo from other types you don't use and the million weapons you pick up.

I'm my case I use .308, 10mm and .44 mostly. I dump the other ammo.

I don't waste ammo and I'm also not spray and praying with shots. I make sure I pick everything up and loot all the safes which is a huge source of ammo a well as the turrets and enemies.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
How are you buying all the ammo though? I know there is a cap exploit, but I refuse to use it. As is, I can easily spend 1k-2k in caps on ammo every visit if i had the money. I have the Cap Perk at level 1, but I rarely seem to have more than a few thousand cap on me. Am I missing something? Maybe you have super high charisma and the vendor perks?
dude your not using CHA gear when you vendor? I have 11 or 12 chr. I started with 6, just got the 7th via bobble head last night. then I use +1 glasses + 1 hat and + 3 general outfit for 12 char. its about 30-40% off.

I also have the vedor prices2 and find ammo2. the ammo one is the best because you find ammo in boxes more than caps.

I spend about 700c on ammo very often, but I am rarely out of pocket. buy the 3-4 types I want and dump 700 useless flamer ammo or .38 shells..45/.50/.38 I normally run with 4000c on me but have been spending to make the 3rd level stores in my settlement.

really good source of caps is the forger guys with flame throwers outside of slags base. You get a ton of ammo form them and each one sells for a cap.

Izuldan_sl

shitlord
Yeah I think I'm playing it too much as a filthy casual. I'm too lazy to change into CHR gear. I don't loot guns except the legendary ones because of weight limit. I'm also playing it more CoD style than VATS style, although now that it's getting harder I find myself using VATS more often, so now I'm upping my Perception/Agility trees (at 8 each now).

I do have ammo2 perk, which seems to keep me at about baseline for my needs. I definitely chew through a lot of certain ammo like fusion cells.

Thanks for the flamer ammo idea, I never use flamer ever so I can safely sell those with the ammo.

Remmy

Golden Knight of the Realm
With ammo scrounging 1, cha 3, and focusing on semi auto pistols, and rifles, 10mm, .38, and .45, I have more ammo than I could ever use. I've purchased ammo maybe twice just because i needed value for the items i was turning in for caps. I started the game normal and had to turn it up to very hard once I was in the 20's and unlocked gun nut/armorsmith 3. Combat style is just semi auto supression fire, and switching to combat shotgun and blasting them in the head when they close in and round corners.

Even with no +dmg% perk the crank lazer rifles are extremely powerful for conserving ammunition since it seems to punch through enemies DR. Also frag grenade/mine kiting the bullet sponges helps a bit too.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If too lazy to swap gear, pop a grape mentat, mentat, or one of other cha boosters. Think beer will stack with the drug.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
The cost to buy 282 10mm rounds in my battle gear at 7 CHA is 846c. with my CHA 3 items @ 12 CHR the same 282 rounds is 564c. a good investment for 6 seconds of clicking.
Keep in mind i have cap collector 2, which reduces my prices. It is required for the 3rd rank settlement vendors.

The CHA price differance is significant.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Is anyone else getting bored before the end? I'm getting the urge to burn through the main story and trade this in...

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Only been to diamond city so far, no cha gear yet and the few grape mentats I have I am saving for potential dialog options. There's a ton of shit to do in this game and jumping through hoops to get a particular ammo when I have plenty other guns to dick around with doesn't rank high on my priorities atm. Especially considering that I have only seen small quantities available as it is.

I totally appreciate the tips and all, but try to see things through the eyes of a Fallout noob such as myself. All those explanations sound pretty asinine when defending the rarity of said ammo.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is anyone else getting bored before the end? I'm getting the urge to burn through the main story and trade this in...
I have to pace myself, or I get overwhelmed and can lead to burnout.

I now play in spurts, either explore/clear a area or do some questing, without getting distracted by everything and ending up trying to do too much.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ammo drops use leveled loot lists too. You find lots of .38 and 10mm at the start, then .308 and .45, and finally .50, .44, and 5.56mm. The problem is that you can get a pretty good .44 pistol way earlier than you can get a mod to rechamber any of your other guns to .50.

I suspect .44 is more rare too, since it's only used for revolvers and all the other ammo is for both pistols and rifles. Shotgun shells, plasma, and 2mm EC are rare compared to other ammo too.

Sulrn

Deuces
I did, but honestly it was mostly because I tried to play the game in a way the developers didn't support (non-combatant buffer/talker) and spent most of the game dying to bull shit and spending a lot longer than necessary killing shit(which makes up 60+% of the game). Game became more enjoyable when I finally put all my non-combat perks to use and max-modded some uniques and invested in combat perks, but even then the only "This is awesome" moment was a completely random encounter resulting from being lvl 40 something and Quincy respawns adjusting to that.

Game would be more enjoyable with a perk retune and balancing, some more utility and interaction with the settlements, and a heavy influx of WH40k.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
It's not politically correct in any way, but I kind of want to see a mod where all the raiders are ISIS.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
i played through all the factions storyline, yes all. (hint: save after "molcular level", act I is always the same basically). We really need to discuss the storyline at some point.

Sulrn

Deuces
I'd rather discuss the side stories that expand the world, personally (considering it looks like I missed quite a bit). Main story was pretty laughable. Seemed to me like
Father wanted to push for the same story line asSoma
but Bethesda didn't bring it together.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
It's not politically correct in any way, but I kind of want to see a mod where all the raiders are ISIS.
There are...

super mutants with bombs strapped to them. Fucking scary. Tho the Assaultron takes the cake so far. Fuck those robots.

VariaVespasa_sl

shitlord
I did, but honestly it was mostly because I tried to play the game in a way the developers didn't support (non-combatant buffer/talker) and spent most of the game dying to bull shit and spending a lot longer than necessary killing shit(which makes up 60+% of the game). Game became more enjoyable when I finally put all my non-combat perks to use and max-modded some uniques and invested in combat perks, but even then the only "This is awesome" moment was a completely random encounter resulting from being lvl 40 something and Quincy respawns adjusting to that.
Non-combat play is much MUCH more of a thing in Fallout 1 and 2.