Fallout 4

Cybsled

Ya, I got the first mission, but I haven't had anytime to get deeper into it. The robots take companion slots and thus far it seems like the original companions don't have any input beyond like/disliking actions via affinity changes.

Rime

<Donor>
Some of the bots people are making are ridiculous in terms of how much damage they can put out/take.

Not playing it myself, but watched a friend mess around with it while waiting for a raid in WoW.

The assaultron head MELTS Deathclaws.

Cybsled

BDO sounds like AA, but you can't make cool houses and it is more grindy (correct me if im wrong!). Plus the only classes that interested me were the ninja/samurai and they don't seem to be available in NA. I can only stomach leveling one character usually ;p

Well that was short =/ , the new robot building is very cool. But thats about it , the mission itself was dull to say the least. That last part was just fluffed to make it longer in regards to time. You do get a repeatable at the end which is ok i guess. Ah well hope the next DLC is more meatier in story.

Caliane

yeah. played a bit.

feel like my char is way weaker the before. not sure whats up with that. had a defend vs gunners mission at warwick homestead. and had a real hard time with them. Sneak crit headshots were not killing them, with my doubleshot combat rifle.

anyway. this DLC is a short one. pretty much all based on introducing robot companions as noted.
you get a robot crafting bench. and can craft unlimited? number of robot companions. Which you can also then send to act as settlers.

between carry weight, defense, etc. almost totally better then story companions. weakness might be they require? robot repair kits instead of just getting up, after "dying".
Decent amount of design versatility.

you can edit curie, codsworth.

getting robot parts.. this I am not sure on. haven't played around yet. If they were smart, all robot npcs in the game would have schenatics or parts you could steal.. drinking buddy, captain ironsides, etc. I doubt this is the case though..

this DLC is Silver shroud related..

Yeah you unlock a robot part once it is found off a kill. You do rebuild a robot that might play a part as game time passes it looks like , though once i finished the DLC and did 2 repeatable quests i stopped and dont plan on playing until the next DLC and gonna start a new game as it should be fun having these robots about as you play the game.Come to think of it, its decent content if you playthrough a new game with this DLC and have these OP robots about and also new power armor is introduced as well. There might be more stuff strewn about like new crafting items for settlements , did find one blueprint of wall mounted search lights. Might have more in robotic themed areas maybe , but unlocked most of the crafting for the robot just doing the DLC only missing some melee weapons for it like an axe and a few others. But body parts were all gotten just playing the DLC story content and the 2 repeatables i did. You truly can make some crazy ass looking robots , takes a good amount of crafting mats to make them as well. I guess all things considered , its not so bad for 10 bucks if you dont have the season pass.

Sulrn

Deuces
After seeing what people are doing without GECK, I'd hardly call what you described worth $10 (unless the story is just worth it alone) when the community has done very similar things with weapons/armor for free. Take the DLC back and give them GECK and I wouldn't have been surprised if one of the first mods out were to be robot companions and the ability to mod them.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Cracking out on EQ and super busy at work so I just wrapped it up. It's quite short took me 4-5 hours going super slow collecting everything and playing on surivival. (Bring out the big guns like mini nukes and alien blaster. This is the time to break it out some of these guys will 1-2 shot you)

Played it and liked it. Made a fucking beast mode robot with the (Ahab's mod) Deathclaw Robobrain. She fucking shreds metal.

Also the story is amazing if you wear the silver shroud costume for the playthrough. Just do it.

Cybsled

Ya, I did the Silver Shroud dialogue and Mechanist plays along ;p I let them live and it unlocked all the robot mods, I got the costume, and I get some radiant quests to hunt down rogue robots. Does that happen if you decide to kill them?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ya, I did the Silver Shroud dialogue and Mechanist plays along ;p I let them live and it unlocked all the robot mods, I got the costume, and I get some radiant quests to hunt down rogue robots. Does that happen if you decide to kill them?

Yes and yes.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
]
Wasteland workshop today/tomorrow.

screens of various additions.
Wasteland Workshop: pics of new power, lighting, door and trophy options - Album on Imgur

Pets, Working lights. Fusion generator. traps.

Wasteland Workshop - All New Settlement Stuff! : Fallout

Let's do this

rrr_img_130744.jpg

Cybsled

At least they added more concrete options. Was sick of using shack foundations for everything ;p

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Got all 3 achieves maxed out again. It was fun to pair a Deathclaw vs mama Murphey.

Be careful though I had 10 Yao guai that broke free or were attracted to the area many being lengendary glowing ones and they fucking raped my settlement and killed some of my settlers equipped with pimped out combat shotguns. ( aka they were tough as fuck on survival)

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Heh, Wasteland Workshop is getting murdered in Steam reviews as Horse Armor 2.0. Bethesda will never live that one down.

Caliane

I wouldn't say its that bad. horse armor is overpriced useless shit.

THIS is like 50% things, that should have been in the vanilla game. Working lights, etc.
then, it doesn't bug fix anything that should be bug fixed. preset settlements, settlement size.
or, really ADD any game mechanic. Closest is adding cages/arena.

Like, look a this build someone did the other day with console commands.
Tunnel House - Album on Imgur
stanonwheels comments on Turned a tunnel I really liked into a baller house with some console magic. Cosiest thing ever

before workshop, and before geck. This kind of thing makes me wonder wtf. Are they trying to undercut their game?

I would have liked to see the workshop add more interactive mechanics to settlements as well. I supposed mechanist did with the robot creation workshop.

Cybsled

Ya, this DLC is just fluff that (as others pointed out) should have been in the vanilla game.

I suppose the real test will be the actual expansion DLC which is next, although these 2 don't give me much hope for it containing any meaningful companion content in terms of dialogue/etc. I am also curious to see what the "unannounced" DLC is. It better damn well be a main story continuation like Broken Steel in FO3.