Fallout 76

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
this would be a fine f2p game

Not the first game to do that. Like when UT said way before launch that ESO would turn F2P within 6 months of release and that most likely the plans to do so was already in place at time of launch, but the devs want the $ from the early adopters (beta testers).

The card packs and skill system is somewhat built on for microtransactions as well. So pay $60 for the access for launch while they iron out the bugs and develop micro transactions for things like base expansions and skill cards. In six or so months when the playerbase has dropped drastically (estimate 3 months until you start seeing half off sales), change the payment model to F2P with a store. Maybe even entice people coming back to it with a "free" expansion to the game along with the re-launch.

I am so cynical these days.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Wtf people in this thread didn't like Brotherhood of Steel? I thought it was the third best fallout game after 1 and 2 :(

Also 76 looks like poop.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
It's too bad Bethesda/Zenimax have become shady pieces of garbage. Hopefully Starfield is good.

Anyway, with RDR2 launching tomorrow (9pm for physical if you bought it at Target and Best Buy, possibly more stores) people will be busy when this POS launches. And, I am going to laugh my ass off if Rockstar launches the RDR2 Online Public beta on the same day as the FO76 launch :)

Kick their ass Rockstar - show them how it's done.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
it's pretty obvious the way their scheduling the beta that there's probably about 20 hours of actual content in this game.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
It's a sandbox with collectible tradable cards that are the source for perks. The playtime will come in the excessive grind for those and cosmetics.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
It's a sandbox with collectible tradable cards that are the source for perks. The playtime will come in the excessive grind for those and cosmetics.

Until the payshop hits! :)

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Until the payshop hits! :)

Actually speaking of this, I was bored to tears with the game within a very small amount of time. Have they shown any of that in the beta yet? Because if not, there * Has * to be a reason for the staged and massive delay in the beta and very limited press coverage - and if I were a betting man (Which I am) I would bet a dime to dozen if this isn't shown yet it will mysteriously appear on launch day without any preview of the system, to avoid any bad pre-launch press.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
spronk spronk use some of your $50,000 Gamestop credit and take one for the team.. Er I mean let us watch you stream.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Illuziun

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I feel like they dropped the ball big time with this, the whole game in general is playing with fire. First off, just the sound of feel of the game doesn't justify a full blown $60 release, but rather a FO4 expansion as a $40 add on. Then these days with publicity, you crash and burn on this game, you're going to get trashed into the dirt as a whole, and going forth in the future it's going to be a battle to win people back.

We'll see, the internet is ruthless these days and this game is in their crosshairs.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider

Video that showcases pretty much every concern I had with the game.

Not a good 4 hour first impression.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
My son is a huge Fallout fan (finished Fallout 4 with every ending starting from scratch with different playstyles) and he pluinked down for the Beta. Seems to be enjoying it with randoms but even he seems uncertain that it is worth 80 bucks. I think this game is going to get seriously discounted very quickly. It doesn't seem like a full-blown title to me and is probably worth 20-40 bucks max. The graphics are just as ugly as FO4 and he said the game seems empty without NPCs. Still, he is of the base-building and PvP generation so says it is ok. He tried to reposition his base once and it glitched out so he had to rebuild from scratch.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
is this.jpg

• 1Like

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Played 2 hours of the beta on xbox.

Its "ok" but until they give the option of a private server... Fuck no. I have over 5000 hours played in fallout 3-vegas-4 and while i love the game, and want co-op, this is not it.

If I can have my own server just for my friends to play through the apocalypse, fine, Ill pay a monthly fee for that. Playing with random idiots? Nooooope.