Fallout 76

Cybsled

Vats in FO76 is basically the equivalent of tab-targeting in a MMO when you get right down to it

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Digital Foundry video is up with some tech analysis
Looking uncomfortably similar to The Division, but with building construction instead of leveling up different parts of a base. I mean, still looks like it could be fun, but I seriously doubt it'll have holding power. Honestly if I can get 200 hours out of it like I did in The Division (which was awesome for a bit, until hackers and glitches utterly ruined it), then it'll be worth it to me. It doesn't look good visually, while the combat is more or less the same as FO4. The VATS seems weird with the live aspect, but functional for multi-player PVE, as long as it doesn't apply to PVP. The Division was also mostly PVP free save for certain zones. Don't see how that's going to work here with one large map, versus clearly separate zones. Also, it'll need some semblance of a story to go with things. If it's just missions for the sake of doing missions and leveling up, yeah, no thanks.

Fadaar

That guy
Yeah have a feeling this'll be a hard pass til a year or so in much like the aforementioned Division.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dull

Molten Core Raider
This is Bethesda's Fallout Tactics.

Third game, add multiplayer, screw up the lore, diverge from the core gameplay.

Time is a circle.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

DethBreth

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's sad that there is little hype for a fall out game, it looks straight bad though, cant blame people.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I will be interested if it provides one or more of the things I mentioned earlier. Alternatively if its enjoyable as a single player and is worth it I would play through once and never touch it again. Otherwise not getting my money but probably going to need good reviews either way.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
It's a sandbox game designed around multiplayer. I highly doubt it will be worth a damn when it comes to singleplayer until a year+ later when custom servers and modding are a thing.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
fallout 76 beta is live today for xbox one apparently, oct 30th for pc/ps4. its confusing as fuck as to get to it. first you needed a pre order code from a pre order which you have to redeem on bethesda.net:
Bethesda.net

then you have to go here to retrieve the actual code you use on xbox.com (or your xbox) to "get the game"
Bethesda.net

then you have to go here to (or on the store on your xbox) to download the beta to your xbox. i guess its around 50 gigs?
Buy Fallout 76 B.E.T.A. - Microsoft Store

while i have the beta i can't really use up 50 gigs now, plus RDR 2 in 2 days so i doubt i'd play anyways. the beta hours are weird too, like 7pm to 11pm only every night. fuck this shit

hopefully people stream it tonight

• 1Solidarity

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Will look for some streams. I have little hope of this game being anything but a dud based on what I like, but would love to be pleasantly surprised. If I can co-op with a friend and completely disable other people while just spending some hours exploring and leveling up. Great.

If it turns into a PVP survival game, then I'll end up plaything this as much as I have any of those in that genre. Which is not at all.

spronk

FPS noob
Anyone streaming this? I will buy it if its not poop.

looks like they aren't doing anything special for streamers, streams should go up at 4pm PST / 7pm EST tonight apparently when the beta goes live. Its only live for like 4 hours too which is weird.

twitch.tv/directory/game/Fallout%2076

Hosix

All labs matter!
Holding out for one of you guys to get this. Someone take one for the team and show us that this is a pile of shit. Make me feel better about passing on this.

Molten Core Raider
The Fallout: New California mod for New Vegas just officially released today if you want more Fallout without whatever all this crap is in Fallout 76. I'd actually never heard of it until today but it looks pretty impressive. I may give it a try when I finish AC: Odyssey.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Anyone streaming this? I will buy it if its not poop.

1540316153329.jpeg

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Holding out for one of you guys to get this. Someone take one for the team and show us that this is a pile of shit. Make me feel better about passing on this.

It's a Bethesda game with no modding to fix its problems, and with experimental multiplayer. I'm not sure what else needs to be said to point out that it's an almost guaranteed shit-tornado.

• 1Like