Fallout 76

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I mean, if they sell millions of copies it seems to me they are making games people want to buy. ;)

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Oh my God wait.......

That Austin studio, formerly known as BattleCry Studios, had been working on an online hero combat game called BattleCry before that game was canceled.

Hahaha Sweet Jesus cancel your preorders. This group is full of SOE rejects.

So here is what I think happened because Bethesda is notorious for this as of late and did it with Prey and are doing it with Rage 2. Taking a mostly complete cancelled game and rebranding it with an IP.

Bethesda has slowly turned into a company where they are dropping what they should be doing (Making 1-2 games) and trying to be a company who makes revenue off others and acquisitions and blasting an IP drop on it where it was never intended to be THAT specific IP, and people are playing saying, "What in the hell is this?"

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I honestly don't think it's gonna be the same type of regular MMO'ish type of game, though. Remember that Bethesda was extremely against making a multiplayer game until TESO. I think, and I could be wrong here, it's going to be a kind'a ME3MP/SoD2 coop game, if it is online. And actually, now that I think about it, it makes more and more sense. In FO4, you could build up your bases just to have to explain them to your friends. Here, you can show them what they're missing by not base building.

I dunno though, I could be completely off the mark.

Last edited:

MightyMadman

Lord Nagafen Raider
I am a bit apprehensive on this and I love Fallout. What really is there to explore in the Wasteland now especially now that Supermutants and new societies would barely have time to develop again? Will it just be more of the same but.... less?

Fallout 2 ended with the new government having a Senate and all kinds of advancements. That's the kind of thing to explore now IMO.
Yes, but for some damn reason we keep getting games taking place in the east coast, there’s so many things being hinted at during NV

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Actually there wouldnt be too many mutants yet if it's only 25 years after the war. In fact there would be another fifty years of nuclear winter.

That would pretty cool though...it would be set in the origin story for all the mutations that would eventually become Fallout staples. Play through how the Deathclaws happened and how the supermutants came out some late-war genetics program or something.

I think you’re close. Specifically how muscular and antagonistic the POV seems to be. I’m sure we will see Enclave again as well. Probably my favorite faction in the game.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh my God wait.......

Hahaha Sweet Jesus cancel your preorders. This group is full of SOE rejects.

So here is what I think happened because Bethesda is notorious for this as of late and did it with Prey and are doing it with Rage 2. Taking a mostly complete cancelled game and rebranding it with an IP.

Bethesda has slowly turned into a company where they are dropping what they should be doing (Making 1-2 games) and trying to be a company who makes revenue off others and acquisitions and blasting an IP drop on it where it was never intended to be THAT specific IP, and people are playing saying, "What in the hell is this?"

Considering that their parent company is literally an IP/patent troll this doesn't surprise me in the least.

• 3Like

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Information about this game is tempting me to write off fallout, Beth has fucked this series over since they purchased it.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Fallout DayZ Clone

vomit.png
vomit.png
vomit.png
vomit.png

• 2Barf
  • 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If it’s not a single player RPG then it’ll be a hard pass for me.

• 3Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I really don't see it being anything but a spin-off. There's no way the main studio is putting out a new Fallout before TES 6, and another game like New Vegas seems equally unlikely (especially the Avellone rumor). On the other hand, a flavor of the month battle royale / survival building game sure sounds like something Bethesda would try even though they're extremely late to the party.

But yeah, VaultNite = do not want.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
God fucking dammit, what a way to throw an IP into the grinder and shit on its remains.

There's a cheese Fallout mobile tower building game which I imagine their execs saw the cash flow from, with minimal investment and now they're bloodthirsty for the bullshit.

I didn't mind the building in FO4, but after I reinforced my bases and maxed out population I didn't want to touch that shit again. And I wasn't building fancy. Main base with largest population was my farm with the three plants and a water supply so I could make endless supplies of batteries for my exosuit so I could wear it 100% of the time.

The tower defense "mini game" towards the end of the Minutemen and Brotherhood storylines were also fun. But I wouldn't want to dick with other players in my sandbox. And without the amazing story and characters pushing me along, there's zero incentive for me to play without those things.

I'm crossing my fingers and balls it keeps a solo game with story and all that, and the multi-player is a coop style game, if anything.

Still, not getting my hopes up.

• 1Like

Cybsled

I'm sure a FO5 will come out eventually. I'm potentially down for a Dayz Epoch/Rust style Fallout game if they allow for awesome bases. Base building was the main reason I played FO4 so much

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I'm sure a FO5 will come out eventually. I'm potentially down for a Dayz Epoch/Rust style Fallout game if they allow for awesome bases. Base building was the main reason I played FO4 so much

fun ya and when you log out some vaultmaster 9000 is gonna come assrape your base and buttfuck all your shit

if it truly is a dayz / rust style clone, i'll give it a chance, but those games are so hard to pull off I'm going to just assume the IP is fucked until I'm proven wrong

• 1Like

Cybsled

I usually avoid servers /w offline base destruction. These games tend to be hacker bait otherwise where 1 shit logs on and nukes the entire server/steals all your shit.

MightyMadman

Lord Nagafen Raider
FUCK! I don’t want this shit. Why aren’t we going to Chicago, where the cool ass brotherhood is at

• 3Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I usually avoid servers /w offline base destruction. These games tend to be hacker bait otherwise where 1 shit logs on and nukes the entire server/steals all your shit.

Sweet Jesus don’t be whatever monstrosity Cybsled Cybsled described.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Even an Obsidian-made Fallout would get E3 stage treatment, so this is some non-entity that would get buried at E3 otherwise: Metal Gear Survive Fallout? Fortnite Fallout? Hard pass.

But if this non-game means the A team is on Starfield, all the better.

TLDR: Don't fuck up Starfield and I will absolve you of however many Fallout Shelter side games you want to make.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
If it’s not a single player RPG then it’ll be a hard pass for me.

You mean you don't wanna team up with me and Hekotat and beat people to death with tire irons and pool cues while wearing dirty motorcycle helmets and gecko skin leathers for about 11 bottle caps that we can spend on Jet and prostitutes?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users