Fallout 76

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You mean you don't wanna team up with me and Hekotat and beat people to death with tire irons and pool cues while wearing dirty motorcycle helmets and gecko skin leathers for about 11 bottle caps that we can spend on Jet and prostitutes?

Uh no

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
You mean you don't wanna team up with me and Hekotat and beat people to death with tire irons and pool cues while wearing dirty motorcycle helmets and gecko skin leathers for about 11 bottle caps that we can spend on Jet and prostitutes?

OK that sounds way more awesome.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

MightyMadman

Lord Nagafen Raider
meh, I seriously need gameplay and two weeks of the game being out to be on the train

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
While I have a hardon for most things Fallout I've yet to truly give myself over to the Survival Crafting game.

But if this one is well made I'm in. Definitely down for tire ironing people and snorting jet.

• 2Like

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Saints Row let me beat my friends to death with purple dildos. Which led to me to wanting more than just 2 player coop. I’m down for a big MMO like fallout.

Dull

Molten Core Raider
Is there any way in hell the Morrowind engine can handle the numbers of a Rust/Ark game?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea it's almost bizzare how the Hardcore fallout people are opposed to any attempt at launching that universe into the online space.

Think of how awesome it would be to scavenge items with a couple bros, go kill a camp and then go push in another squads shit in with a rusty pipe rifle you just crafted, as your buddy comes through the back after lockpicking their fortified position to steal the rest of their shit.

Better yet, you combine the two and watch as a Deathclaw comes out of fucking nowhere and decimates your opponent before skullfucking you.

• 3Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If they want to cash in on the horde of people who love these dayz/rust games for about 3 weeks then abandon it for the next early access shitpile more power to them, but I think I'll pass. As long as it's not taking up any time of their main dev team I don't really care.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Who knows how much detail they will get into considering E3 is a few weeks after this airs, but these no clip docs are pretty good regardless.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Yea it's almost bizzare how the Hardcore fallout people are opposed to any attempt at launching that universe into the online space.

Think of how awesome it would be to scavenge items with a couple bros, go kill a camp and then go push in another squads shit in with a rusty pipe rifle you just crafted, as your buddy comes through the back after lockpicking their fortified position to steal the rest of their shit.

Better yet, you combine the two and watch as a Deathclaw comes out of fucking nowhere and decimates your opponent before skullfucking you.

We were just as adamant about them not bringing Elder Scrolls into the online space because we knew it'd sacrifice heavily on the single player experience which is what the core of these games are. There's plenty of folks who love TESO, but the core ES fan base aren't the ones playing it. Similarly, I don't want Fallout to be diluted by online bullshit, because it takes a lot of dev time to make work, test, and function properly, at a huge expense to the single player game.

GTA5 is a good example of multi-player being an afterthought to the single player game. Single player was amazing, and light multi-player done right has managed to keep that game relevant, and quite popular for its online continuation. But it wasn't the core of what it is or was meant to be.

It's like George RR Martin saying "you know what guys, write your own story this time" instead of finishing the last book of A Song of Ice and Fire..... Fuck that.

• 2Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
just to be clear, i'm cool with a multiplayer fallout. i just don't want a fallout battle royale

• 2Like