Fallout 76

Cybsled

Droigan, there are a few “I need help!” Broadcasts or notes, then you get there and find robots or Mr. House like mainframes that are the ones seeking help. I also found a friendly super mutant merchant that wanders around. Haven’t found any friendly ghouls yet.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Totally burnt on mmo's atm, especially the fantasy type. So much so that I bought this game without checking reviews or this site. Played Fallout 3 and 4 a bit, didn't really get very far in either. But the mmo landscape is bleak atm.

Having fun in the beta. Seems like Fallout 4 to me but without NPCs and with the occasional player nearby (talking random shit - tripped me out first time I heard it). Not really a mmo, kind of a coop / solo game, which somehow works for me. Still low level, I spend too much time just exploring random stuff in random directions. Graphics look great, looking forward to having widescreen after launch (according to them). Combat is kind of wonky, but that's fine.

Don't really know what I'm doing, or if I will last any longer in this than my time in Fallout 3 and 4. But it's not wizards, warriors and fairy dust, and right now that's just great.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I hope to God people cancel their preorders or orders and not buy this. It's going to be free to play sooner or later and this is one of those Early Access Free to play Titles where you pay up front and it becomes later. Just spare yourself the aggrevation. Just a friendly tip.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
It's running on the same engine that a large community has been picking apart piece by piece for a long time to make work the way they want it to. It will never be secure enough to provide a fair multiplayer experience outside of private servers.

These sort of issues cripple games that are designed around preventing cheating, let alone this dinosaur of an engine that was never designed with multiplayer in mind.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

I guess it is a good thing today’s patch added private server UI elements then ;)

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I expect people to have hacked their way into every item available along with a maximum amount of perk-packs or w/e they're called within a week of launch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Wasn't it The Division that also had no server checks on anything, so people started hacking the game into the ground on PC? Its definitely gonna be a shit show on PC, how is TESO on hackers? You'd think they would have some people on that team working on this.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
TESO is a completely different studio and not a Bethesda one. It's a Zenimax thing. I wouldn't bet on there being absolutely no help from them, but it would be like expecting Blizzard devs helping Call of Duty devs.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I’m going to download a few hacks that allow me to see where Cybsled Cybsled is and just flip on PVP mode even when he hides on a PvE server. Get ready Cybsled Cybsled

I’m searching for you boy....

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

You clearly haven’t played the game. Default you can see where people are on the map anyways.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Why not warp around and find the awesome lore/story instead?

Some of the “plot holes” got filled the more I looked around. There are also elements that tie to other games. For instance, if you read all the terminals about Hallucigen gas in FO4, you come across the remains of one of the live tests in FO76.

Vault-Tec University also gives background on the Vault experiments

• 2Worf

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think an online coop and solo options woulda been just fine. They ham fisted a larger multiplayer experience in for no good reason.

I still think the game is great fun in a group of four, glad that a team fallout game now exists. But running into other random folks does nothing for my play experience. Maybe they shoulda just stolen dark souls implementation of other players with notes/etc instead.

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
B.E.T.A. Thank-You and Addressing Your Feedback : fo76

BETA feedback.
  • Push-to-Talk: While we aim to create a consistent experience no matter what platform you’re on, we understand that some of you on PC would like the option for Push-to-Talk. Our goal with voice chat being on by default is to highlight that the world is alive with real people, other players like you. We like to start with encouraging player interaction and will look into adding this in the future.
The world will be alive with real players eating loudly over terrible low quality mics, dogs barking, children crying, people screaming racist shit and keyboards clicking. But in reality everyone will just disable all voice com in game. I wonder how long it will take them to stop being retarded and add push to talk.

• FOV Slider: We haven’t supported FOV sliders in our previous games as it is known to break a lot of animations and causes a lot of clipping to occur onscreen. You do have the option to zoom out in third person on PC by holding View and moving the mousewheel, but we won’t be able to have it for first person view.
"Our 20 year old engine is terrible and we suck to much to fix it."

I'm so damned tempted to buy this game even though I know I'm going to regret it lol.

• 1Picard
  • 1WTF