Fallout 76

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like you were set to hate it no matter what, which seems odd to me.

This is actually Bethesda's way of saying how they need to keep push to talk out of their game. They literally try to role play it away. You should see some of the BS coming out of their mouths trying to role play away modern features because of the engine limitations.

Cybsled

This is actually Bethesda's way of saying how they need to keep push to talk out of their game. They literally try to role play it away. You should see some of the BS coming out of their mouths trying to role play away modern features because of the engine limitations.

They are adding push and text to PC.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Wait wait lol hodj hodj if this is true dude.
So this game is fucking battlecry made by the rejects that got laid off at Sony Entertainment? LMAO

So we got Bethesda just churning a buck ?

It's obviously bethsoft churning out a buck but the core gameplay loop of fallout 3 and 4 (explore loot level gear) is still there.

Is that enough to hold up the game? Fuck no.

Not by itself it aint.

Which is why I say its empty, with potential for a rebound, but no one not a die hard fallout fan should even consider a purchase for at least 1 to 2 years

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
What I really wanna know is how engaging the game is and if it’s true to Todd Howard’s vision of “the people around you are the story. “

Todd Howard's an idiot and the people around you ignore you, or help you out a little, but if you're not playing with friends, shit is boring af loot gear grind with a survival element slapped on

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
It's obviously bethsoft churning out a buck but the core gameplay loop of fallout 3 and 4 (explore loot level gear) is still there.

Is that enough to hold up the game? Fuck no.

Not by itself it aint.

Which is why I say its empty, with potential for a rebound, but no one not a die hard fallout fan should even consider a purchase for at least 1 to 2 years

And if you ARE a die hard Fallout fan you shouldn't consider a purchase for at least .11 to 1.11 years.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goonsquad Officer
this is sounding more and more like the PC equivalent of a mobile phone game.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
And if you ARE a die hard Fallout fan you shouldn't consider a purchase for at least .11 to 1.11 years.

I mean if you're a huge fallout fan and want to see the IP raped slightly less hard than Brotherhood of Steel but slightly more hard than Fallout 3 and 4, then go ahead.

• 2Solidarity

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>

Nah, its Fallout: No Man's Sky Edition.

Both games came out as skeletal structures of a real game. NMS turned it around. We'll see if Bethsoft can in a couple years.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>

It's a reskin of what was going to be a free to play Battlecry with a huge emphasis on micro transactions. So yeah, pretty much :p

And yeah I am pretty sure No Mans Sky had more "Content" then this game at launch.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I mean if you're a huge fallout fan and want to see the IP raped slightly less hard than Brotherhood of Steel but slightly more hard than Fallout 3 and 4, then go ahead.

If that is your analogy I would say this one is coming straight out of Riker's Island.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
And yeah I am pretty sure No Mans Sky had more "Content" then this game at launch.

Eh its debateable and we'd have to define what we mean by content.

NMS had billions of empty planets with the same mobs, the same plants, the same elements, etc. with a bare bones story.

I think we can agree that both games released in an unfinished, unpolished, "not ready for prime time" state about a year to two years too early.

• 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
is it more like an early-access-for-4-years-game being masqueraded as a real game?

• 2Like

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Sorta but I'm sure Bethesda will support the title for the foreseeable future. 1 to 2 years maybe it'll have enough content to worth investment. Especially if it goes f2p

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Well the NMS reference gives me hope.

Just wish they handled it better is all.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Its infuriating to me because Bethesda is rich like stupid rich. They could afford to bake this game another year, fill it to the brim with content, and then put it out. Instead they always go the rush it out the door cash grab route, and that may work with single player games they can endlessly patch and we can mod, but an MMO-lite game not the same.

Launch is often the beginning of the end of most MMOs.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Serious question how is this game not brimming with content? I get the hate for lack of push to talk, the easy exploits and old engine and all that, it probably shouldn’t be a full multiplayer game with all that bs. But content? I spent about 2 hours last night on one point of interest in the game, and found about 3 reasons to go back there in the future, including a pretty cool vanity hat and some other stuff.
Game world feels huge. I don’t think it feels empty unless you just really need uncanny valley npcs to get your immersion fix. Walking around right after the apocalypse and seeing everyone just dead is kinda cool