Fallout 76

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan heā€™s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Watching streams and holy SHIT is this game getting shit on in glorious ways in multiple chats. Nothing, literally nothing good, is being said.

Looks like they copy pasted the music from diamond city from FO4 for the sound track. šŸ˜œ

This is such a low effort pile of garbage.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Didn't you shit all over ESO and then end up playing it regularly?

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocratā•­ą²°_ā€¢Ģ>

Well to be fair ESO fixed a lot of their shit later on. I do miss that one fanboy what was his name? Blackwulf or something? Haha

• 2Solidarity

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I think this game will see a bump of reputation rejuvenation in about 2 to 3 years like ESO did, but unless you're a ridiculous fallout fan like you and I are, its a pure skip title for now.

I just think its funny watching Ut flip flop over the years.

Oldbased

> Than U
I love the shit out of some survival games and I love Fallout.
This game in the current state is a hard nope for me currently.

• 4Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocratā•­ą²°_ā€¢Ģ>
I think this game will see a bump of reputation rejuvenation in about 2 to 3 years like ESO did, but unless you're a ridiculous fallout fan like you and I are, its a pure skip title for now.

The thing is Iā€™m purposely bypassing it until they add some actual RPG lore and story elements. I just canā€™t support it in this form. Iā€™m hoping they add something like ESO did. Some of the lore added in later expansions were on par with writing from Morrowind and Shivering isles.(Iā€™m not saying itā€™s the same but decent writing for sure).

Also I hope Utnayan Utnayan plays if there is PvP. Lol

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

The current state isn't bad, though. Yes, it needs some QoL improvements (push2talk, stash limit increases), some balance changes (the infinite revenge mechanic for PVP is dumb), and some bug fixes/quest fixes. But the game is fully enjoyable as is still.

The thing is Iā€™m purposely bypassing it until they add some actual RPG lore and story elements. I just canā€™t support it in this form. Iā€™m hoping they add something like ESO did. The lore added in some of the newer expansions are on par with writing from Morrowind and Shivering isles.(Iā€™m not saying itā€™s the same but decent writing for sure)

The game has plenty of lore. It has story elements, but you aren't the main character and aren't progressing through dialogue trees to advance it. If that is the primary reason you play FO games, then completely understandable why you wouldn't like it. But I always got the majority of my enjoyment in the newer FO games from exploring ruins and learning stuff through terminals/clues/old holotapes/etc.

Also I hope Utnayan Utnayan Utnayan Utnayan plays if there is PvP. Lol

Don't forget to pickup the cannibal perk first ;)

Last edited:

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocratā•­ą²°_ā€¢Ģ>
The current state isn't bad, though. Yes, it needs some QoL improvements (push2talk, stash limit increases), some balance changes (the infinite revenge mechanic for PVP is dumb), and some bug fixes/quest fixes. But the game is fully enjoyable as is still.

The game has plenty of lore. It has story elements, but you aren't the main character and aren't progressing through dialogue trees to advance it. If that is the primary reason you play FO games, then completely understandable why you wouldn't like it. But I always got the majority of my enjoyment in the newer FO games from exploring ruins and learning stuff through terminals/clues/old holotapes/etc.

Yes but thatā€™s not a complete fallout game though. NPC dialogue narrative based decisions and engaging story arcs including terminals are what created the wasteland. I agree that one major facet of Fallout is what is left behind in the form of terminals and holotapes.

Some of the best narratives ever can be found from some of the stories by John Gonzalez former Obsidian lead Honest Hearts writer currently lead writer Horizon Zero Dawn . He did a lot of world building through terminals and it was amazing.
Survivalist
Randall Clark

But that wouldnā€™t be a complete fallout world without running into NPCs like this:

You need both.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I tried watching streams of this... seems like fallout arcade edition. Complete loss of focus on the very things that made fallout fallout.

Thatā€™s just me though, I didnā€™t watch the chat so maybe not.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>

By regularly if you mean about 2-3 days to check out the HDR and run through the Morrowind story line, I guess? It's an MMORPG where I ran a total of 5 Dungeons (The same ones) and got to level 15-17 max? Literally have about 20 hours into it I think. Later on when you could level through the main story without being level locked, I think I got about 30% of the way through.

With FO76: If this would have gone straight PvP/Static server/hell anything besides randomly generated missions/Coop I would have been for fired up to go after some people and steal their hard earned shit. Instead, their trophies for everyone approach and low cost/pass through development makes this nothing more than an FO4 Mod for spitting out some form of multiplayer as quickly as possible with very little, if any, thought on how to design a game of this nature - using the fallout IP to bank on early access retail sales in a new shady of shady from the up and coming kings of Shady organizations - Bethesda is a shadow of it's former self - and it all started with their creation club garbage.

Regime Regime let me know when PvP hits and we actually might be able to do anything worth a shit in the game, and I'll queue it up on gamefly - or by then, just download it for free.

• 4Like
  • 1Triggered
Reactions: 4 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>

I am a huge Fallout fan.

This isn't Fallout. It's not even in the same league.

It's like what the aftermath of a Nuclear War would look like penned by Anita Saarkesian.

This concept, in all actuality, could have been pretty damn awesome - but I am sure we all knew from the start what was going to happen to this.

2-3 years - if they actually put any effort into it, it could be something as long as they lay off the "Don't hurt others and punish them if they do" nonsense.

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
It's fallout just empty fallout

This isn't fallout in the slightest. It's a re-skinned Battle Cry which was a cancelled project and the people who made this game subsequently were all ex SOE-Austin devs. :) And our friend in Christ, Rich Vogel who left in Nov 2017. Assets are copy pasted over from FO4 which is why this entire thing is a mess.

And we wonder why it sucks. :p

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocratā•­ą²°_ā€¢Ģ>
This isn't fallout in the slightest. It's a re-skinned Battle Cry which was a cancelled project and the people who made this game subsequently were all ex SOE-Austin devs. :) And our friend in Christ, Rich Vogel who left in Nov 2017. Assets are copy pasted over from FO4 which is why this entire thing is a mess.

And we wonder why it sucks. :p

Wait wait lol hodj hodj if this is true dude.
So this game is fucking battlecry made by the rejects that got laid off at Sony Entertainment? LMAO

So we got Bethesda just churning a buck ?

• 2Like

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I played it for like 3 hours.

It's pretty grim. The potential is there if they actually add interesting content, and I like the different atmosphere than the normal burned out everything you see in Fallout.

The gameplay is... ok... but let's be honest, the gunplay and gameplay wasn't exactly why you played Fallout 3+. When that's the only thing you have to focus on you start to realise that Bethesda need a new engine and tighter gunplay.

I'll play it for a few hours with some mates tonight, but I'm not convinced as is.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
That is exactly it. :)

Here is a wiki link to the "Bethesda Studios Austin" page.

Bethesda Game Studios Austin - Wikipedia

"One of the studio's first projects following the hold of BattleCry was the modification and restructuring of Bethesda's Creation Engine (in conjunction with sister company id Software, utilizing netcode from Quake) to support multiplayer functionality in anticipation of the upcoming Fallout 76. "

They knew the most about it because it spawned from their cancelled game - let the reskin begin, slap the Fallout IP on it, and hope for the best in recouping a yet another failed project by Rich Vogel.

And now.... you have this thing that just launched. Now the studio director is a guy named Doug Mellencamp who was one of Vogel's lackeys from the SWG days. Moved on with Vogel to Bioware for SWTOR, then back to Battlecry with Vogel. Now he took over for Vogel. :p Anything that comes out of Bethesda "Austin" is really SOE Austin. Which was Bioware Austin.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocratā•­ą²°_ā€¢Ģ>
I played it for like 3 hours.

It's pretty grim. The potential is there if they actually add interesting content, and I like the different atmosphere than the normal burned out everything you see in Fallout.

The gameplay is... ok... but let's be honest, the gunplay and gameplay wasn't exactly why you played Fallout 3+. When that's the only thing you have to focus on you start to realise that Bethesda need a new engine and tighter gunplay.

I'll play it for a few hours with some mates tonight, but I'm not convinced as is.

Let us know what you think. What I really wanna know is how engaging the game is and if itā€™s true to Todd Howardā€™s vision of ā€œthe people around you are the story. ā€œ

I wanna hear more about the tales of ā€œLilGsnipeā€ and ā€œShaftNYoMom69ā€. What is their quest about and was leaving the vault a heart wrenching choice for them?

I want them to tell us their story through the microphone whether we like it or not. Itā€™s their world to ya know? Watch as he passes all charisma checks finding a way into your heart. Smile as he squeaks into puberty while throwing out racist ephilets through his crunched up Capri Sun straw.

What is his backstory? Did his dad leave the family and his mom now works at Waffle House? Is his PS4 similar to *gasp* the babysitter Mr.Handy? Make sure to engage and let him know he needs to take Dogmeat out for a walk. This truly is a Fallout successor.

Last edited:
  • 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Let us know what you think. What I really wanna know is how engaging the game is and if itā€™s true to Todd Howardā€™s vision of ā€œthe people around you are the story. ā€œ

I wanna hear more about the tales of ā€œLilGsnipeā€ and ā€œShaftNYoMom69ā€. What is their quest about and was leaving the vault a heart wrenching choice for them?

I want them to tell us their story through the microphone whether we like it or not. Itā€™s their world to you know. Watch as he passes all charisma checks and finds a way into your heart as he squeaks into puberty throwing out racist ephilets threw his crunched up Capri Sun straw.

What is his backstory? Did his dad leave the family and his mom works at Waffle House now? Is his PS4 similar to *gasp* the babysitter Mr.Handy? Make sure to engage and let him know he needs to take Dogmest out for a walk. This truly is a Fallout successor.

Sounds like you were set to hate it no matter what, which seems odd to me.

• 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity