Fallout 76

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The concepts seem kinda confused to me. They want you to quest in the world, but every character is a real person? They want you to build up a cool base, but it can be destroyed once 'voicecracker69' and his chums decide to nuke you.

I don't get it

Duh bro if you just preorder you could get in the beta and answer all your questions!

• 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 user

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Duh bro if you just preorder you could get in the beta and answer all your questions!

I think letting other people be guinea pigs is for the best.

Mind you I'm not completely writing it off, I love the world of Fallout and I actually liked Fallout 4 for some reason.

I just think it might be a bit of a stinker :(

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Will there be the ability to tame and ride armored Deathclaws for anyone who manages to survive/build 6 months without having their base nuked? Need an impossible carrot to chase.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Exactly what I thought it'd be. A sandbox filled with cat shit. Another Conan Exiles etcetcetc. Even worse than another Battle Royale. With no plot other than a self governing world. Is Bethesda hosting the world's? Will it work like Sea of Thieves where you're tossed in a world with rando's, build up your shit, hope you find an exosuit, get your base nuked, start from scratch, do stupid redundant "another settlement needs your help" quests, with only cosmetic bullshit as rewards? I mean, even if you got a collector hold in an actual bunker that can't be infiltrated, I don't need a trophy room, I need a fucking story, God fuckin dammit.

I really wonder what the fuck developers are thinking these days. Starfield, a space solo rpg, sounds a lot more promising, as long as it's not like Mass Effect, and mostly like a classical space shooter rpg kinna game with an actual story, especially not another No Man's Sky farming, crafting game.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
This is the end of free mods boys, mark my words. Everything in FO76 will be cost money from their shitty cash shop.

• 1Like

Randin

Trakanon Raider
This is the end of free mods boys, mark my words. Everything in FO76 will be cost money from their shitty cash shop.
Well, it's an online game with dedicated servers, so yeah, mods aren't happening for this one.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
But how is one to play a Bethesda game without rockin tits?

I mean without immersive mods.

• 1Like

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Exactly what I thought it'd be. A sandbox filled with cat shit. Another Conan Exiles etcetcetc. Even worse than another Battle Royale. With no plot other than a self governing world. Is Bethesda hosting the world's? Will it work like Sea of Thieves where you're tossed in a world with rando's, build up your shit, hope you find an exosuit, get your base nuked, start from scratch, do stupid redundant "another settlement needs your help" quests, with only cosmetic bullshit as rewards? I mean, even if you got a collector hold in an actual bunker that can't be infiltrated, I don't need a trophy room, I need a fucking story, God fuckin dammit.

I really wonder what the fuck developers are thinking these days. Starfield, a space solo rpg, sounds a lot more promising, as long as it's not like Mass Effect, and mostly like a classical space shooter rpg kinna game with an actual story, especially not another No Man's Sky farming, crafting game.

It's supposedly official servers only and somehow your progress or whatever carries over across servers. I imagine that just means your character progression. Lots of unanswered questions...

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
It's supposedly official servers only and somehow your progress or whatever carries over across servers. I imagine that just means your character progression. Lots of unanswered questions...

maybe they can launch the game in early acces while they work out these things

solid no buy here

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Take my fucking money!

Qgk26iW.png

• 3Dislike
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Cybsled

Too many salty fucks. Did any of you HONESTLY expect a full blown Fallout sequel so soon after 4? The thing launches this year for FFS. It is pretty clear from the trailer that a good chunk of the art assets are lifted from FO4 (the base stuff and the char models). The real test of the future of mods in the Fallout franchise is going to be Starfield or ES6, since those will be single player games. I mean, maybe FO76 will allow for mods for unofficial servers, but you have to be pretty careful in an online environment, otherwise someone will make a 100% nuke code drop mod or or free building mod or something else that would amount to hacking more or less in an online enviro.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

We aren't going to see ES6 before 2021/2022 so this is probably the last we'll see of it for years. I have the feeling they knew they had to tease Starfield and ES6 even tho it's not their norm because they know Fallout 76 isn't going to be very successful with their core fanbase.
Although counterpoint.
The first we heard of Fallout 76 was a week ago. And its being released in Nov of this year.

They seem to have taken up the policy of keeping their mouths shut, until the game is ready to drop.
ES6 and/or Starfield could easily be 2019.

Title alone does suggest Fallout76 is to be considered a spinoff, and yes, they probably realize its not for their core audience, and thus the tease was needed.

I'll admit I am a bit disappointed in what looks to be another survival open world game, with no real visible innovation. We'll see I guess. How do you balance the nukes? Every other one of these games has been totally shit at balancing the pvp. I was def hoping more for a single player, or Co-op survival builder, or city builder.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Didn't they say there would be a story to follow, ie objectives and the such? Did I just imagine that shit?

Too many salty fucks. Did any of you HONESTLY expect a full blown Fallout sequel so soon after 4? The thing launches this year for FFS. It is pretty clear from the trailer that a good chunk of the art assets are lifted from FO4 (the base stuff and the char models). The real test of the future of mods in the Fallout franchise is going to be Starfield or ES6, since those will be single player games. I mean, maybe FO76 will allow for mods for unofficial servers, but you have to be pretty careful in an online environment, otherwise someone will make a 100% nuke code drop mod or or free building mod or something else that would amount to hacking more or less in an online enviro.

This guy gets it.

Cybsled

One thing I noticed from the nuke interface is it only allowed you to select certain targets. Unless random bases in the wilderness count as targets, then potentially nukes are limited to points of interest and the surrounding area. That could be the balance: If you build bases on points of interest to control them, then the tradeoff is your ass can get nuked. If your base is in the middle of nowhere, then maybe you're safe? We will find out more, but that was a possible takeaway from the video.

Having played plenty of these games before, I wouldn't be surprised if that is 100% how that mechanic works. Problem in many of these survival games is people always end up taking over POIs. If you introduce a mechanic that makes that a very high risk venture, then you reduce (in theory) the incidence rate and also provide a non-admin solution to making sure they don't stay camped by player bases forever.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
If the game has a PVE only option I'm in with bells on. But that is not at all what Todd was describing, so if it is FFA sandbox ala Ultima, Rust etc, then I'm out. I really think this thing was shoe horned in as they are waiting for next gen for their "real" games and wanted something to fill that 5-7 year gap. Although they didn't even have a subtitle for ES VI, so that screams they knew this would bum a lot of people out so they wanted to ease the pain of this a little bit.

• 1Like

Cybsled

I would be surprised if there wasn't a PVE server option. Most survival games do have that as an available option.

xzi

Mouthbreather
They did say you can play solo and quest by yourself, OR you can play with and against other players. To me that sounds a lot like a single player experience, or a multiplayer experience and you get to choose. Can't imagine the story is going to be as good as past games though.

Either way I'm gonna play it and craft a power fist to punch my fuckin friends in the noggin while they're trying to do stuff