Fallout 76

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I don't get it. A bunch of people bitching because they want the same boring shit repeated in every single game.

I'm excited about it.

So you are excited for the same boring shit but with a fallout skin?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Wonder if the servers will be done ala Sea of Thieves where there's several shards, and whoever is team lead dictates their base building or host shelter, or your shelter is like GTAV where it's at a shared location. No way could there be one, or even four persistent servers to support the number of players going in. Where Guild X dominates shard Y, Guild Z dominates shard A, or something like that. Iono, I'll wait for more game play videos for further speculation.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
19CE8AE3-25CC-4106-AFDD-CFE77CAA9F59.jpeg

• 5Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 5 users

Dull

Molten Core Raider
What scares me about Fallout 76 more than anything is it seems Bethesda is continuing to go down the EA road of "games as a service". For years they have looked longingly at how to monitize the popularity of Skyrim and now with Creation Club plus online only they have their vehicle. I would not be surprised at all if both Starfield and TESVI are online all the time, maybe still single player but controlled by your Bethesda overlords.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

We're not going to get Fallout 5 until like 2022 or whatever, so just accept the side game in the meantime.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So, you can call us pessimists, but here are the issues:
Fallout as a game set has been built on single player immersion and story experience that creates a certain future noire feel. The shooter transition worked, because they kept the single story driven aspect intact and had things like VATS to keep an RPG feel to it.

So instead of spending all this effort on carefully crafted quests and story, we are getting a big sandbox with a bunch of random mindless monsters to farm for FedEx quests or crafting, and a bunch of PvP and griefing going on. This setup does not fit Fallout's core audience or design. And worse, its been a proven failure with games like Rust, Conan Exiles, and Ark. Worse yet, Bethesda has not managed to put out a game that's even fully functional without the mod community bailing their asses out and somehow we are supposed to believe they can manage an in house MMO lite on a two year development cycle from FO4 and that is not going to be a total shitfest? The nuke griefing is just piling on at this point (though its clear the Bethesda rep has a big hardon for it). And dedicated server only play means they will pull the plug on this after five years to either kill it or release Fallout77 (ala Destiny 2), so no going back and replaying it even if it has a story, unless someone has a dedicated server for it (PC Master Race Only I guess).And finally, anyone who liked the crafting in FO4 is going to quit instantly the first time Teabagger69 launches a nuke at their carefully constructed base, simply because that's all catass griefers do in these games. Seriously, did none of these assholes monitor what went on in Conan Exiles?

You know what the core audience for this game is, but they still showed nothing but PvP (and a lot of ganking at that) instead of ANYTHING to remotely show some sort of RPG elements or even an in game stat system to suggest that this is anything more than a sand box shooter with crafting tossed in. Seriously, anything resembling a populated quest hub with active NPCs would have gone a long way towards avoiding the backlash they are getting right now. A simple character creator shot at some point? Did anyone even see the word Perk or Special drop in any of the presser or screenshots? This is a Dust ripoff with a Fallout skin, turd polished with a John Denver song to try and sucker some people in, plain and simple.

You know how you actually make Fallout work as an MP game? Town bar go in look to connect with other survivors to help with a mission (rando procedural raider fights, hand crafted quests, or whatever) so players connect to run hand designed instanced content (think Dark Souls coop to an extent) with friends. Even let people drop help wanted ques at the bar and get a message on their Pip Boy to join the coop so they can do their immersive experience and then hop in when someone is around. But that requires actual fucking effort, unlike pasting a bunch of Sloth Monsters into a woods and letting people gank each other in a sandbox.

PS - While I am thinking of it, why the fuck is the WV area so well wooded with intact forests and shit when this game is sooner after the nuclear war than the other games and WV is a main target of enemy nukes? Did they literally just take a bunch of shit from their Elder Scrolls design board and put pretty forests in the game for the fuck of it? Every other FO game has a bleak apocalyptic teaser intro, but we got a fucking Country Roads with Tbagging in the WV hills were the leaves turn pretty in the fall. What the fuck were they thinking.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
We'll be lucky if we see ES6 by 2022 so I don't think we'll see a real Fallout sequel for at least a decade. Have fun getting tbagged by cumslinger67 in this turd boys. I'm sure it'll be way better than getting tbagged by poopflinger88 in Rust.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Country Roads alone makes me want to play this game though, I fucking love that song.

Dull

Molten Core Raider

The biggest revelation I got from this vid is that I can "train" other players. Hype level has gone up, I just need to manage my expectations.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have a feeling access to nukes won't be that hard, especially working co-op with a few people, and that will be intended. They make mention of the nukes changing the targeted area (makes sense they will have a finite amount of targets to choose, makes area conversion a preset thing), and increasing the rarity of mobs/drops, making them likely to be pvp hotbeds to pull people into more concentrated "maps" that are easier to memorize, and offer a place to build specific strategies based on environment.

I'm cautiously optimistic, will likely pre order, and drop if beta doesn't show me what I need to see. Honestly, the only thing making me dubious at this point, is thinking about all the random bugs and issues, Bethesda games typically have, and adding multiplayer. If this is implemented properly, and free of the major flaws, I think I will have quite a lot of fun.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
See, I find it just the other way. I think that the nukes will be used at endgame, and that will draw us back into the game.