Fallout 76

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Don’t you defend Pantheon with this same line too?

“Those fallen gifs are so lame!”

<3 ya grim

Oh come on. Lying about me doesn't help your cause. Makes you pretty pathetic though.

I'm not defending the game. If you don't like the game, etc, that's legitimate. I'm just laughing at how bent out of shape everyone is. Lots of fragile flowers crying is funny to me.

• 2Salty
Reactions: 1 users

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I'm up to level 10 now and every single stat point and almost all perks I've taken have been to increase my carry capacity (max str, perks to reduce junk/chems/etc weight).
I guess it's also helping that I kill everything with an axe.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Oh come on. Lying about me doesn't help your cause. Makes you pretty pathetic though.

I'm not defending the game. If you don't like the game, etc, that's legitimate. I'm just laughing at how bent out of shape everyone is. Lots of fragile flowers crying is funny to me.

I am not lying about the Pantheon thread but at the same time I did find your McQuaid stuff funny. Also I know you aren't defending the game. I did edit a <3 so my post came across more aggressive than it should have. You don't need to be so defensive.

• 1Like

Cybsled

I'm up to level 10 now and every single stat point and almost all perks I've taken have been to increase my carry capacity (max str, perks to reduce junk/chems/etc weight).

Melee is good in this game, so that isn't a bad thing. I finished some quest and got a super sledge that weighs 90% less than a normal one. Thing is a beast, 187 damage w/o any 2 handed/melee dmg perks lol

In terms of weight reduction perks, IMO the best ones are:

1) Junk reduction
2) Batteries not included (energy ammo reduction...primarily because fusion cores count as energy ammo. At max rank, they weigh .3 instead of 3 lbs each.)
3) Traveling pharmacy (chem weight reduction...useful since stimpacks weigh 1lb each!)

The other ones are more geared towards what build you plan on using. Stuff like Bear Arms is good if you plan to use heavy weapons, etc.

Cybsled

I finally got 8 nuke codes for a single silo today. So here is how the nukes work:

1) You first have to become a general within the Enclave, as this gives you access to the actual nuke silos
2) You need a nuke ID card and 8 nuke code fragments. The Enclave can help you locate the card and spawns with the nuke code fragments.
3) Once you have that, you can access the actual nuke silo. However, once you are inside, there is a lot of shit you need to do. Make sure you have computer hacker 3, as it makes it alot easier (unless you like fighting 20 minigun turrets at once lol). Hacker 3 will let you deactive entire floors of turrets and also the mini-boss robots (robo brains mostly, although there is a sentry or two inside in addition to the gutsys/assaultrons/protectrons).
4) Quick run down: I had to spoof a biometric ID card, then I had to repair a nuclear reactor in less than 3 minutes all while being attacked, then I had to run around destroying computer cores, then you later have to repair some computer cores, then when you finally get to the nuke command center, you have to guard 5 protectrons that actually prep the nuke for launch. Basically every step during this, you are being zerged by all sorts of robot security and the security program for the base will keep creating more. Once the protectrons prep the nuke, all robots in the facility go into standby mode and stop attacking.
5) You have to insert your nuclear ID card, then you have to enter the code. However, the code is a puzzle. Basically, every nuke code has a letter and number. The 8 letters spell a word, which gives you the sequence of numbers to enter. As a hint, inside the Enclave bunker, they are running a decryption program that gives you some letter placement hints for the various silos. You cannot see this later, so you need to make note of it/figure out the code word. The code word changes every week, but it appears to be the same across servers.
6) If the code is correct, then you can use the targeting computer. The game won't let you nuke the noob spots (Vault 76 and the surrounding towns). Every other POI is fair game. If you target a fissure, then it spawns the raid bosses.

I didn't have very good weapons, so I figured I would just target a normal city. I picked one with a bunch of people nearby, since I figured people would want to watch. When I launched the nuke, it told the entire server what I had done and advised them they had a few minutes to escape the blast zone. If you are in the blast zone when the nuke hits, you are vaporized instantly. You can stand outside it just fine.

When you enter ground zero, radiation is insane. The radiation levels slowly get lower over time, but you'll be chugging Rad-X and Radaway like a fiend even in power armor. Any radiation based perks are your friend. Pretty much the only thing that will let you function without getting mass rads is the hazmat suit, but you basically aren't wearing armor with that thing and stuff hits a lot harder.

So the nuked areas serve a couple purposes. One, the mobs there give MASSIVE xp. I got like 10 levels killing glowing bloated ghouls. Mobs drop certain special items. Also, the plants yield special flux items. If you have the green thumb perk, use that, since it gives you double plant harvests. Once you harvest/loot, the items will not remain indefinately. The flux especially will decay in less than an hour. To keep them perma, you have to stabilize them. Once you get enough plant harvests and special mob drops, find a chemistry bench and there is a nuked flora category. This stabilizes the flux and it won't decay at this point. The crafted flux is used in end game crafting/powerful mods, including upgrading your underarmor/vault suit. The raid bosses apparently drop plans/etc.

It's possible to do the silo and a regular city solo, but I basically used all my meds and ran out of .308 ammo and kept having to repair my melee lol. Although later on, when I joined another server, someone nuked Whitesprings and it spawned a level 80 scorch beast, which you aren't soloing (or at least not without using 1k rounds of ammo lol).

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
See, that sounds neat. If they could have managed to give something like that in a not-shit engine, then it could have been a very different story.

• 1Like

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I played andromeda at release and this game is far less Buggy atleast for me- and is only fair to compare release condition for both at this point. But other than the first day of fallout 76 beta the game’s also ran perfectly smooth so I can’t relate to the performance problems a lot of people have been having. Also andromedas dialogue and most of its lore was just stupid eye roll painful. Fallout 76, even if there’s a good amount of boring stuff, is just way way better. Environment design is really cool too. That treetops area, pretty sick, and the little details of how they ended up there and what happened.

I actually LOVE how the game doesn’t spoonfeed you and you actually have to put stuff together on your own instead of getting spoonfed lore and cinematics like most other games .im surprised no one praises this aspect at all.

Starting to see some balance issues tho, but not sure since maybe my perks aren’t quite right (system is very convoluted and poorly laid out ). Like melee just seems way way more powerful than everything else? Other than some perfectly landed sniper headshot - and even those only really effective on humanoids. On beasts melee is just so much more effective. And machine gun fire and energy weapons just feel stupid weak compared to other stuff.

My friends launched a nuke and they went right back in and launched another nuke.. looks like there’s no cool down time or it’s not working right now

• 1Like

Cybsled

From the same silo? Ya, that seems off lol. From my understanding, the silos have a long cooldown after they launch a nuke.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I know it gets harder later on (starting to encounter it now, random level 60s that oneshot me), however I would love a "harder" server. Where mobs don't take more damage to kill, but hit a lot harder. Vastly lowered drops of everything (ammo, food, etc). Increased cost of fast travel. Diseases or mutations that are harder to remove than clicking an item.
Currently every survival aspect is trivial to circumvent.

It's clearly an early access game and this is a paid beta, but.... It's still fun to me. Running about exploring. I am way slow though, so only level 20. Don't care about levels, just finding things and lore. Think I've played it for 20ish hours? Know there is an achievement for 24 and I don't have that yet.

For $60 I've had way more enjoyment out of this so far than many other similarly priced titles. But if $60 is supposed to signal a finished and relatively bug free product, you're overpaying by .... $30-40?

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
[H]ardOCP: Fallout 76 Bug Made a Player Effectively Immortal

I've had to limit myself to more boring activities because I do not want my exploration, or the PvP aspect ruined by my godmode, and the annoying thing is that at some point i'm just going to have to not care if they cannot fix it - my character is currently nearly level 100, and just hit the cap limit - so what the heck am I supposed to do besides actually starting to make all content in the game trivial? I'm really frustrated and I have no idea what i'm supposed to do - it seems that they can't even slay my character for me, or at least didn't mention that even though that's practically what was I begging for in the ticket - but i'm unsure if it was a person replying, or simply some automated answer. I'm just writing this because i'm frustrated, and I really have no clue on how to fix the issue to allow myself to progress again both gear wise, and story wise. Some of the given mutations right now are twisted muscles / talons - so my actual spec of rifles is somewhat nerfed when I cannot cure these ever so i've just been running around melee smacking things without any melee perks since Friday, which isn't necessarily fun anymore.

• 1Like

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sniper rifle with silencer (weighs 15is kg) all the way to 25... Scrap the rest.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I'd be salty as shit if I bought a new release game and it was almost half off less than two weeks later. Even if I really liked it. Scummy as fuck

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My friend played PC beta, swore up and down it was great. He tried to convince me to buy even when i showed him all the evidence it was trash.

He just refunded, lol.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My friend played PC beta, swore up and down it was great. He tried to convince me to buy even when i showed him all the evidence it was trash.

He just refunded, lol.

Lol of course he did.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

I'm sure they'll announce something like ghoul NPCs in the next few weeks as an update as part of an evolving game world and half the people Reeeing will shout "Success, they added npcs to the game!". Even though the game has NPCs already, but w/e.

• 1Pants on Fire!

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm sure they'll announce something like ghoul NPCs in the next few weeks as an update as part of an evolving game world and half the people Reeeing will shout "Success, they added npcs to the game!". Even though the game has NPCs already, but w/e.

1543001449269.jpeg

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users