Fallout 76

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cybsled

No, they're still working on the game, but slowly. Next major quest update is the 2nd part of the Brotherhood of Steel stuff they introduced last year (I hope we can side with the scribe...the other 2 options in the last one story quests vary in disposition between the BoS in Fallout 1/2 and Elder Lyons with an even bigger irrational bleeding heart. The head scribe is the only practical one lol). However, the 2nd team they had working on it got pulled to help get Starfield finished, so they currently just have the 1. The 2nd team was actually the team that had been primarily working on Nuclear Winter, which is why the mode became stagnant.

Right now the thought is during the E3 session, they plan to showcase the 2nd BoS part, plus -real- private servers where you can actually modify the rules (you can clone your character onto these servers if it allows clones apparently, but you cannot take that character's progression from the private servers to the public ones, which makes sense).

Less sure is whether they will showcase the Zetan stuff they have planned (that is supposed to be the post-BoS main story) or the expeditions they promised, which will basically let you travel to new locations outside West Virginia (think Far Harbor type stuff or the FO3 missions that took you away from DC).

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Is this a fun game to play with some friends? Good co-op game? Love Fallout, but I know originally this was dogshit. Worth it now?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Is this a fun game to play with some friends? Good co-op game? Love Fallout, but I know originally this was dogshit. Worth it now?
Yes its fun to play with buds when you level up and do quests and shit. The end game is where it all kinda stops. But still you will enjoy 100+ hours easy, I think I have something like 130hrs fucking around with my son last year.

• 2Like

Cybsled

It's currently free to play until end of E3 I think? You and your friends can test it out.

Nuclear Winter is also jumping right now population wise. Ever since they announced it was closing, double xp + free weekend has made full lobbies every time. I'm just playing for fun because I'm well beyond the capped rewards they announced (rewards will be capped at level 100 in NW, I'm like 190 in that game mode). Me and a friend decided to troll some people by sealing up a building with porta-poties, then as teams tried to get in, they got murdered by other teams. Last team decided to camp on the roof to kill us when we came out, so I decided to drop a nuke right on our heads (had a briefcase+4 codes) and killed all of us, including our AFK teammate that was hiding in a river lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Think of it like a fallout 4 that you can play multiplayer. And if you pay a little extra you guys can even have your own personal server to fux with without anyone else fucking up your shit.

• 1Worf

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Awesome, thanks guys, I just downloaded it. A co-op Fallout game was one of my gaming pipe dreams, and I completely forgot about this game with it's shit release. Can't wait to try it tomorrow.

• 2Like

pwe

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Awesome, thanks guys, I just downloaded it. A co-op Fallout game was one of my gaming pipe dreams, and I completely forgot about this game with it's shit release. Can't wait to try it tomorrow.
Let us know how it went :) I'm eyeing it for coop too.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I've got about 20 hours into the game so far and really enjoying it. My only question though is how did you guys get the game to run well? It runs like absolute horse-shit (30-45fps). I have a 3060Ti and x5600 16gb RAM...

Cybsled

Check the shadows/dynamic light settings. I recall setting one of those to lower settings boosted my FPS by an insane amount

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Watched this video and did these fixes, and I'm not getting 120fps. Holy fuck, so much better.

ili

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have not played this since the Settlers and Raiders stuff was added. I recently logged back in to check things out and to do the brotherhood quest line.

The end game and pvp are still absolute trash. Nuclear Winter ( the PvP part which is being shut down in sept. ) is filled with majority afk bots ( you can see them all jumping up and down in the lobby, yet they are still there every match ) There are maybe 10-15 actual players ( hackers ) out of 35+ people each match. Nuclear Winter is also stupidly designed to where the longer you survive the more exp you get, hiding gets you more exp than fighting other players ( the reason for the afk bots ) who are hacking most of the time. So it's either hide, afk, or hack. The PVE end game is also still boring, do 10-20mins worth of dailies and log out.

The only reason my characters are level 500+ is because of an old afk disarm trap exp exploit, which I was never banned for doing, I don't think anyone was. They only bans I have ever heard of are from people duping, from the many dupe exploits. Keep this mind when playing, most people have cheated in one way or another. There was also a repeatable quest exploit where you could max your settlers and raider reputations rather quickly without doing the grinding, which nobody was banned for.

If you can FO76 for around 15 bucks, it's also on the xbox pass thing, it's worth picking up just to run through the main quest lines, drop a couple of nukes, and kill the two bosses, but I don't see how anyone can play this past that point.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Cybsled

Hackers in NW depends on time of day I find. Anyways, hints:

1) if you are in the Vault 51 lobby and hear the sound of someone priming a grenade or activating a stealth boy, leave the lobby. Dumb hackers spawn inventory early

2) most hackers are trash and usually use aim and ESP toggles instead of the really bad ones (the dudes that punch to death the entire match from across the match). If you get the jump on them, you can sometimes kill them (especially if you third party them). Early game is best bet.

3) Prime time for hackers magically seems to align with Eastern Europe and Asian prime times. What a coincidence!

4) if you get sniped from long distance with gauss shotgun, it may not be a hack. That item is busted and they never fixed it

5) Dropping a nuke right on a hackers head usually kills them, since most won’t speed hack to stay under the radar of reporting

Honestly it’s still my favorite BR for all its flaws, but I’m also very good at it. If you get killed by a player with the cultist skull mask with branch antlers and a black jumpsuit, that might be me lol

Cybsled

Newest major patch dropped. Concludes the BoS story (for now, anyways)

I ended up siding with Shin. Ramandi was too bleeding heart, but the final bit where she wanted to keep the last FEV researchers alive to continue their research was the last straw after half of the researchers admitted that kidnapping people and doing experiments on them "was for the greater good". They even admitted they planned to continue to try to perfect FEV and since we know that FEV never gets fixed, seemed like the better option to side with Shin and execute them all. One of them dropped a cultist's dagger, so I think I made the right choice lol

They briefly mentioned The Pitt and one character suggests a rumor about someone actually being an alien under the mask during the new quests (which might be true, since there is a Zetan DLC coming up later this year I think and the Enclave research bunker from the last update has a specimen chamber with some dead Zetans hidden inside it)

Cybsled

They finally released the Invader from the Stars update - basically every hour the Zetans send a flying saucer to a random location and you have to fight off waves of aliens while avoid missile strikes to get bosses to spawn and when you kill enough bosses, the invasion commander comes down in an alien power army suit and you kill him and get rewards. Only a limited time event, though.

They also confirmed that The Pitt mini-expansion thing wont come out until later in 2022

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Pitt mini-expansion is currently out. You basically visit the Whitesprings resort and do some quests to refill the energy to fly a Virtibird, then you can run some missions in The Pitt. Currently there are only 2 maps/missions set there, but they randomize some of the objectives. Depending on how you do, you can unlock some new stuff like some special power armor and weapons. They've mentioned they want to do future things like The Pitt, but explore areas they haven't really visited in the Fallout games yet.