Fallout 76

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The only thing that was really terrible about this game is the micro managing resources to make shit like ammo. which is like the core to any combat if you are not melee. That and of course the lack of any end game. The end game consists of grinding factions with a few daily quests that literally takes like 2 months to grind out and some world boss type beasts to kill.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I avoided this on release because of all the negative reviews (I also haven't played a Fallout since 3). I've had Vegas sitting in my Steam queue for years now and really need to get around to playing it.

Anyways, friend and I were bored so decided to give this a go because of Gamepass. Surprised at how decent it actually is. I always felt like Fallout would be amazing with multiplayer added and so far I'm not disappointed. Inventory management is total ass, but that was one of the reasons I was never able to finish Fallout 3. I think it's just a Bethesda thing, because Elder Scrolls is fucking awful at it too. Appalachia radio is fucking awesome and it makes me wish I had experienced the 40s + 50s. I forgot how much playing Fallout games always remind me of Americana personified.

Any advice for new players? I've looked up a few builds that I'm interested in, but are there any "early" perks/S.P.E.C.I.A.L stats that I should be focusing on?

Cybsled

after level 50, you can reallocate special points or pick a perk card at level up, so you aren’t forever locked. Pick what’s useful. INT boosts xp gains, STR increases carry weight. Melee perks like martial artist and incisor make melee good. Sneak attack and mr sandman are good for sneak sniper builds.

Most OP build is bloodied weapon/unyielding armor, but that is a gear concern

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Interesting bit during Quake Con: They have a feature planned where players can run "expeditions" to areas outside West Virginia (like a dungeon run basically). Their plan is to show off areas that haven't been shown off in Fallout before and some fanservice areas. They also have a plan for instanced vault-like bases for players that have less restrictions on placement and budget limits.

Considering WV's location, I suspect the fanservice areas would probably be DC, the Pit, Boston, or maybe Mothership Zeta (in portion anyways).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I got 3 of those bloodied weapons to drop for me during that farshnight or whatever the fuck event they had back in the spring. ak47, a lever action, and some other rifle.

Cybsled

All bloodied? Nice, those are desirable guns. The full value will hinge on the supporting stats. For instance, like exploding bullets or 10% bonus while aiming or faster fire rate.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Interesting bit during Quake Con: They have a feature planned where players can run "expeditions" to areas outside West Virginia (like a dungeon run basically). Their plan is to show off areas that haven't been shown off in Fallout before and some fanservice areas. They also have a plan for instanced vault-like bases for players that have less restrictions on placement and budget limits.

Considering WV's location, I suspect the fanservice areas would probably be DC, the Pit, Boston, or maybe Mothership Zeta (in portion anyways).

I'm actually pretty excited about the direction the game is heading. I can't speak to the shitshow it might've been at release(didn't play), but the game is pretty damn good now. It's exactly what me and my buddies had been dreaming about for so long (multiplayer Fallout). Fractured Steel sounds really awesome and I'm intrigued by the lore surrounding it, despite not being too far into the storyline yet.

My only criticism of the game so far is that building a base "together"/with friends is a big pain in the ass, to the point of not even being worth it. You become the "owner" of whatever walls, foundation, etc. you place, so editing work becomes a massive pain in the dick. Plus, you obviously don't see it in the world if your friend(s)are offline. I wish they had a "group building" party/friends list type mode where anything you built while enabled was shared between the party and you'd see it in the world anytime that "mode" was enabled. We all decided that it's a shitload easier to just build our own bases, but it takes a lot of the fun out of that aspect of the game, IMO.

• 2Like

Cybsled

New patch dropped. Biggest changes are dynamic mob levels like ESO (high level and low level can fight same mob and get a comparable challenge based on their level specific build/etc) and daily ops. Daily Ops are like a timed challenge run where you have to do certain tasks within a time limit. How fast you do it impacts rewards. You can do them as much as you want, but the rare reward/time trial gated stuff is once a day. They mix it up by adding mutations to stuff. So last night, it was all robots and killing blow has to be melee or they don’t die. My melee PA build finally felt useful lol. I was wading into the bots and beating the shit out of them.

Cybsled

Right now there is a free trial of the game and a free trial of Fallout 1st. If you play this game, but don't have FO1st, I recommend using the trial and using the scrap box to clean up your stash. You can still use shit in your scrap box after the FO1st trial expires.

• 1Like

Cybsled

New BoS lore video for FO76 as leadup to the new BoS patch upcoming to the game

• 1Like

rad

Lord of Guk
Been playing the shit out of this the last month. Like 300+ fucking hours... help me.

They screwed up and released SD for Xbox so instead of trying to fix they're releasing it today... HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Going based off launch or recent? If you haven't played in a while might be time to try again, it's greatly improved.
I fire it up every couple months or large updates to check it out and see what’s changed.

the answer for me is always the same. Not enough.

Brad2770

I had the monthly charge where you got extra component storage. If I stopped paying for that, but decided to get it again, do I lose what I had in there?

Cybsled

No, you keep contents of scrap box and can still access them, you just can’t add to it while FO1st is inactive

• 2Like

Cybsled

Lots of good stuff coming

-free special point respect at camp. Can create multiple profiles for swapping stat and card distribution. Have to do it at your camp or a train station, so kinda like how WoW handled

-Can have 2 saved camp spots, so you can build multiple bases. Only 1 can be active at a time. Saved vending machine profiles per camp. Working on allowing displays inside shelters

-new daily ops mission types. Next one will be a stealth one where you have to hunt down specific targets. Enemies will get special abilities to make ops more interesting

-melee improvements

• 1Like