Fallout

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I rewatched the first episode last night. There's actually multiple short haired female recruits in the background of the BOS scenes - maybe that's just the haircut all female recruits receive?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bald Brah

Silver Squire
I rewatched the first episode last night. There's actually multiple short haired female recruits in the background of the BOS scenes - maybe that's just the haircut all female recruits receive?
That still doesn't explain the pronouns or the mustache. Why exactly are you trying to explain away the obvious in your face trans person?

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
That still doesn't explain the pronouns or the mustache. Why exactly are you trying to explain away the obvious in your face trans person?

you forgot to mention the hairy legs. Why exactly are you trying to explain away the obvious in your face lack of personal grooming? (the purple tint is because the file I downloaded is Dolby Vision and I screenshotted (obvs) on my PC which isn't Dolby Vision compatible

1713452826444.png

Caliane

I don't remember if I talked about that here. its clear they fucked up and won't admit it.

r/fallout and shit are coping like crazy. attacking r/falloutnv, and shit. insisting, its not a retcon.
Todd comes out and says, "it all makes sense really!" and they eat up it. yeah, Todd has never bullshited anyone ever. for fucks sake, starfield was 6 months ago.

"its just like the fall of rome, guys" uh. no one labels "the fall of rome" as 313 when the decline of Rome began. they either say, "the fall of from was a period from 313-480, or say "the decline of rome" in the first place, or, pick a specific traumatic event, such as the sack of rome 410, death of julious nepos 480, chrossing of the rhine 406, etc.

so marking "the fall of shady sands" as the beginning of a declining period for NCR would be retarded.
maybe "the fall of shady sands" is a seperate unrelated event? attack by raiders, etc. and the bomb was dropped 5 years later after NV. new vegas was 2281-2282. ok...

why is it not mentioned at any point in new vegas? either one. if shady sands was in decline, it was not mentioned. if shady sands, "fell" to some traumatic event in 2277, why was that not mentioned ever?

tv show is 2296 btw.
so. time. show is 14 years after fo:nv. "fall of shady sands" would be 5 years prior to that. 19years.
if max was 10 when saved from the bomb presumably. if fall of ss was the bomb, he'd be 29ish in the show. or, 24 if bomb fell right after fo:nv.
lucy doesn't give her age. 5ish when her mom took her outside.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

I forget, does Lucy say how long ago the crop disaster was in vault 33? She associated that with when her mom
died. So presumably Lucy was still very young when that occurred, which means it cannot have been that long after her memory of being in the cornfield under the sun

Caliane

I don't think she did. I saw a reddit post claiming it was in fact also 2277. they did not speciff where they got that from.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Will the real Shady Sands please stand up, please stand up, please stand up

Y'all act like you never seen a non binary person before
Jaws all on the floor, like Muldaver just blew open the vault door

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its not that we have never seen one. Its that we do not want to see one.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
I don't think she did. I saw a reddit post claiming it was in fact also 2277. they did not speciff where they got that from.

Logically it would be whenever her Dad brought them back to the vault, that seems like an obvious enough source of contamination that it would be strange if it wasn't the cause.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Finished the show, went back and rewatched the first episode in light of the rest.

Very good show, could watch four more seasons of this. Have lots of questions, want to see more. The scene in the last episode where Goggins is eavesdropping on the Illuminati meeting is superb. They're discussing wiping out 90% of the human race, his wife begins to speak, he thinks she's gonna set them straight, and instead she proceeds to out-Final Solution the rest of the room to his shock. Just a tremendous scene.

-Why did people hate Episode 8 so much?

-Who actually put the blade in they/them's boot in episode 1? Maximus (terrible actor btw, only thing that brought the show down) would seem to be the likely culprit, but Dane said he wouldn't hurt a fly. He certainly benefitted, but it was also his friend that he was hurting. Right before that we see him smashing a toilet because he's so angry about being overlooked. It could have been one of the jackass recruits, of course. I feel like it was very ambiguous overall though, and if it was Maximus that did it, that casts him in a very shady light for the rest of the show.

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I forget, does Lucy say how long ago the crop disaster was in vault 33? She associated that with when her mom
died. So presumably Lucy was still very young when that occurred, which means it cannot have been that long after her memory of being in the cornfield under the sun
I don't remember them saying anything definitive about the crop failure, outside of episode 1 and the lie that the "NCR" lady told of why everyone looked different and she was in charge.

Lucy's brother then goes in with the security door dude to find that there was a general revolt against the overseer, like we have seen in some of the vaults in the games. Everyone looks like they were killed or suicided in that revolt.

Side stepping the possible timeline fuckups, all they said was her mom's pipboy was used to open the Vault 33 main door. They also show her mom as a ghoul and confirmed in the show, that ghouls don't go feral right away. So she could have been non-feral right up until episode 8, technically.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Dane admitted she did it to herself bruh

I must have missed when that happened. I did watch some episodes distracted. Some time soon I'm gonna rewatch the whole thing un-distracted.

Still wondering why people hated episode 8 though. I do expect this show to pull a Westworld and get woke and shitty later on, but I hope not. Seems like Amazon show-makers have caught on that starting a show like that doesn't work (Rings, Wheel) so now they're doing what everyone else does and waiting until a show is established and popular before they start dumping the ideology on.

Were Muldaver and Lucy's hot mom having a woman-on-woman affair? It kinda looked like it but it was never stated outright. Also not sure what that adds to the story. ("The story?")

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I must have missed when that happened. I did watch some episodes distracted. Some time soon I'm gonna rewatch the whole thing un-distracted.

Still wondering why people hated episode 8 though. I do expect this show to pull a Westworld and get woke and shitty later on, but I hope not. Seems like Amazon show-makers have caught on that starting a show like that doesn't work (Rings, Wheel) so now they're doing what everyone else does and waiting until a show is established and popular before they start dumping the ideology on.

Were Muldaver and Lucy's hot mom having a woman-on-woman affair? It kinda looked like it but it was never stated outright. Also not sure what that adds to the story. ("The story?")
It's during the finale when reunited. Says something along the lines of sorry you got blamed, I had no idea they would do that to you. Think she said she was scared or something

Fadaar

That guy

She tells him before the assault on the observatory. Said she didn't want to get sent out into the wastelands.

spronk

FPS noob
muldavar is the funniest character in the show, i think she's supposed to be minorly sympathetic as a sort of commie "eat the rich" feminist warrior hero but lets review what she does

* tricks and murders a bunch of retarded vault dwellers
* says hi to the daughter of her best friend / lover (?) and proceeds to essentially trick her into getting marry-raped by one of her raider buddies. who comes 95% close to murdering her.
* seems to give zero fucks about her lovers (?) son
* instead of prepping for the day she receives a cold fusion generator with powered weapon batteries and other defensive measures, uses the time to rebuild the LA home power grid

women in charge, this is what you get

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
* tricks and murders a bunch of retarded vault dwellers
* says hi to the daughter of her best friend / lover (?) and proceeds to essentially trick her into getting marry-raped by one of her raider buddies. who comes 95% close to murdering her.
Just another example of how awful writing in modern media is. Shes very clearly just as bad/evil as Hank/Vault Tec yet everything about her in ep8 portrays her as a good person. The way she talks, the way her scenes are shot etc. Compare them to the scenes showing vault tec setting everything into motion.

Its just so garbage. Its all clearly written by people who have lived in a bubble and never genuinely experienced anything in their lives. Like watching a tv show about cars from someone whose never set in a car, their only knowledge of cars comes from youtube.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users