Fantasy Football 2014 Advice Thread!

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Forget Thomas then. Roddy White is your WR no doubt. For the flex, I'd go Gore. Chicago's run defense is an embarrassment and Hyde won't be hogging so many carries quite yet. I could see him taking a more prominent role by season's end if his production from this past week is any indication though.

Chris Johnson might not be bad, but I think Gore is more reliable.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Yeah Frank Gore is totally going to clown the Bears. Im dreading this Sunday.

Roddy White is I think the best WR choice in that bunch too.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Standard QB Scoring - Big Ben at the Ravens, or Tom Brady at the Vikings? Neither choice is inspiring but I have to pick one, and normally this is a no-brainer, but Brady did not look himself last week.

Sterling

El Presidente
Also need to give some credit to the Dolphins for his shitty day. First 2 time undefeated champs right?

pablos

Lord Nagafen Raider
just got a trade offer for rob gronkowski and terrance williams for d. sproles and d. pitta (my team) should I take that trade

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Sproles might be one of the best RBs this season. Word among the Philly fan crowd is that McCoy is suffering from that mystery injury known as "turf toe".

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
Standard scoring, RG3 vs Jacksonville or Roethlisberger @ Baltimore? On one hand, its Jacksonville defense...on the other hand, it's RGKnee. Right now I'm leaning towards RG3 because both Yahoo and ESPN think he's better than Ben. Plus RG3 played pretty conservatively, so I assume they'll open things up more against the Jags.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
just got a trade offer for rob gronkowski and terrance williams for d. sproles and d. pitta (my team) should I take that trade
I would stand pat, especially if PPR. If I am giving up RB depth I had either better be decimated by injury at another slot or obviously winning the trade.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
RB and Flex in a standard league, Shonn Greene or Mathews? I sat Mathews because he wasn't impressive against the Chargers, 8 of his 12 points was on one run and constantly caught behind the line of scrimmage and is going against Seattle and Greene is going against Dallas defense just would like some reassurance on this. The flex due to Welker still being suspended is down to Wayne or Colston and I am currently leaning Wayne. Any thoughts?

littles

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'd go wayne and greene. Wayne is more consistent than colston and is likely to garner more catches/targets, and green will be more consistent than mathews in getting more touches and a higher chance of a td as he is their goal-line back oh and he is against Dallas' D.

Nothar

Molten Core Raider
PPR league. Trying to figure odd man out this week for rb2/wr2 or flex spot - Marques Colston, Torrey Smith, Shane Vereen, Alfred Morris. Which of the 4 has to ride the bench this week?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'd bench Vereen because I don't like NE RBs. Probably Torrey Smith too. You have to play Alfred Morris out of that group.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Big Ben vs Ravens or Stafford vs Carolina? Really like what Stafford had going on last weekend but against Carolina I'm not so sure

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I'd probably go with Stafford.

I've got a similar issue. P. Manning vs. Chiefs or T. Brady vs. Vikings?

I really hate thinking about starting Manning against my Chiefs, but he'll probably tear them up.

Sterling

El Presidente
I'd probably go with Stafford.

I've got a similar issue. P. Manning vs. Chiefs or T. Brady vs. Vikings?

I really hate thinking about starting Manning against my Chiefs, but he'll probably tear them up.
That's a pure homer question. And how did you end up with both?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Brady late was pretty normal this year.

Fuck torry smith! flacco doesn't even look at him

patrick

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah what the hell happened with Torrey smith? Last year he was their guy and then this year so far he hasn't done a thing. 1 reception for 10 yards all night? Good lord seems like a wasted draft pick