Fantasy Football 2014 Advice Thread!

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Vikings have expressed interest in Law Firm so if you've got a shitty bench spot, he may be worth a pickup.
Isn't he still rehabbing an injury too? And is he really an every down back at this point?

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hoping Bobby Rainey has another big week, given that Chris Johnson is hurt and getting outplayed for my flex. Could be a steal if he keeps it going this week.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Devin Hester #1 waiver pick up next week.
He's only a good pick up if you get return yards, in which case he'll out score most receivers. If you don't get return yards on a per player basis he's not worth looking at imo.

I wonder if it is time to start picking up defense that play against the Bucs. I could have won this week on the Falcons D/ST, not that anyone started it.

Sterling

El Presidente
Return yards tends to be 1 point per 25 not 10. Hester used to be a beast in IDP when he was eligible for that.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
1. I started Rainey.
2. I forgot to pick-up Atlanta D.

This week is NOT looking good, my opponent just scored like 30 points with Julio in a standard league. I don't even want to imagine a PPR/bonus league.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Asiata, Gerhart, or Blue in a standard league? I'm going with Asiata right now, but the reports that Turner will go with the hot hand have me worried. Gerhart is a disappointment as a featured back, and no idea how carries will be split this week in Houston for Blue.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Man, it looks like I should have played West over either Asiata or McFadden. West has looked good the last couple games

gmstbfla_sl

shitlord
Two trades are on the table:

Montee Ball for Randall Cobb straight up.

Or

Drew Brees + Montee Ball for Calvin Johnson + Lamar Miller

Thoughts?

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Two trades are on the table:

Montee Ball for Randall Cobb straight up.

Or

Drew Brees + Montee Ball for Calvin Johnson + Lamar Miller

Thoughts?
First need to know which end of each trade you are on. Second need to know the rules of your league (PPR? etc.)

*edit: As a general rule, unless I am decimated due to injuries/suspension/etc at another position group I generally don't trade away RB's unless I am obviously winning the trade or getting another RB (that usually I like better) in return.

gmstbfla_sl

shitlord
First need to know which end of each trade you are on. Second need to know the rules of your league (PPR? etc.)

*edit: As a general rule, unless I am decimated due to injuries/suspension/etc at another position group I generally don't trade away RB's unless I am obviously winning the trade or getting another RB (that usually I like better) in return.
I would be receiving Ball/Brees.

My team right now is:

QB: Brady
RBs: Ellington/Bell/Ridley/Miller/Asiata/K. Davis/Gerhart
WRs: Megatron/DT/Cobb/Decker/Josh Gordon (playoff stash)
TE: Gronk

My obvious weak points are RB (no one reliable) and QB (Brady is hot garbage and I'll be cutting him for a Cousins most likely if I don't make the trade for Brees). Before the season I definitely would have traded Cobb for Ball, but now I'm not so sure. Ball has a tough schedule and hasn't really been doing anything that would justify putting him in over someone from my giant committee with a good match up. Brees has been historically good, but hasn't been dominating this year like he usually does. How much of a gap between him and Cousins are we likely to see for the rest of the year? Is that worth giving away the only reliable player on my team?

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Maybe pull the trigger on the Cobb deal. I wouldn't trade away Lamar Miller right now. Brees isn't exactly lighting it up.
Not yet but he does have the cure for all ailing QB's not named Locker coming up, the Allas Cowboys I leave out the D because there is no D in Dallas.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Can't believe I am asking this. Lacy @ CHI or Lamar Miller @ OAK.
Lacy will run all over the Bears, the bears against the run fucking suck, the 49ers are fucking stupid and abandoned the run, they stacked the box against the Jets and forced Geno to beat them, which he would have if not for the dumb ass refs. They can't do that to the Packers, it will be a shoot out because both defenses suck but Lacy should get mad fantasy points imo.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Brandin Cooks or DeSean Jackson for my flex this week? I was leaning towards Jackson because I think he is going to start piling up more yards with Cousins in there. However, with New Orleans facing the Cowboys there is definitely potential for Cooks to have a big day. Of course outside of Jimmy Graham you never know who will score big for NO.