Fantasy Football 2014 Advice Thread!

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
I would say Jackson for the simple reason that fantasy wise the Saints are very hit or miss because they spread the ball around so much. Like you said the only stable point scoring person on that team is Graham.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Do I go with Romo in a shootout in NOLA or Captain Kirk against my G-Men on a short week?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jackson and Cousins. Vycarious covered Jackson. Cousins because Giants are a tire fire and you can't count on Romo for a competent fantasy outing this year like you could in previous seasons. He's just too broken down to reliably put up numbers, and the coaches have finally stopped being retarded and started leaning on Murray. Plus NO and NY give up similar passing numbers so far, though it's too early to really go by that.

Mostly just betting on the healthy young guy over the broken down old guy.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gut says Bell or Greene. Honestly though, that's like a 4 way coin flip to me slightly leaning towards Bell. Except for Hyde. 49ers are not giving him nearly the workload that was expected. The rest of them are 10-15 carries a game. Bell gets a fair number of catches so he seems like the choice to me since they are putting up similar numbers otherwise. Plus he's supposed to be the #1 there sort of.

Sterling

El Presidente
They still say Bush is the starter, but Bell tends to get a few more touches. That said it's really a time share but a pretty good one where they're both viable if not exciting. Hyde is indeed pretty sketchy.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I feel like being risky and starting Cousins over Rodgers. Would that be absolutely stupid?

littles

Lord Nagafen Raider
I would start cousins over romo 100% and I probably wouldn't start him over rodgers as he usually destroys the bears and the bears secondary has like 5 starters injured or some shit.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gronk don't look like Gronk anymore. He is like humpty-dumpty after they tried to put him back together with duct tape and super glue. The fact that he is getting any looks at all should tell you how dire the Patriots situation on offense is.

I don't know if you do the trade, but Gronk expectations have to be re-assessed after what we have seen so far. I'd put him at 7-8 TD's and 650 yards on the season, if he plays all 16.

Railin_sl

shitlord
Well he is getting back into the swing of things. If he can stay healthy I think he will do very well... Harvin should produce well too as long as he stays healthy. And I hear Knowshon should be back by week 6 and that would put Miller back to back up duties again.. Im just worried about Gronk staying healthy the rest of the season, but then Harvin doesnt have a good health track record either...

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ok Niners fans, Hyde or Gore. Fucking never thought I would be asking that.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
It would appear they are using Hyde more near the goal line so far this season. Not that they have seen that to many times...

With the way they have gone away from running the ball and lost, I would expect them to run the ball a lot this week which would lead me to believe Gore gets more carries.

In short, I have no fucking clue

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm surprised how little the Niners are using Hyde. Seems like an underutilized second round pick. The guy was touted as one of the better RBs in the draft.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Well, glad I stuck with Rodgers, but sticking with DeSean hasn't done shit for me.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Ok Niners fans, Hyde or Gore. Fucking never thought I would be asking that.
You have to stick with Gore, he is getting the carries. Unfortunately the possibility of TD's getting vultured by Hyde is high, but I wouldn't make my roster moves based on possible vultured TD's, I'd make it off of who is getting more touches. Unless it is an obvious'this team always uses this back in goal-line situations'situation, but this is not that situation.

Frankly with the way the 49ers have been playing, the fact that Gore's workload is getting cut into by Hyde and a developing timeshare, and the possibility of a shootout taking place (meaning more passing TD's) I might look for a 3rd option, but that is what I'd do between the two.