Fantasy Football Advice Thread

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Do I play Roethlisberger or Weeden? Roethlisberger is going to play but will be unsteady and might get re-injured and go out of the game. Weeden seems pretty consistent but if Roethlisberger plays the whole game and does well, Weeden should score less.

What to do?

Sparko

Silver Knight of the Realm
Big Ben is not a huge points guy, he's a great game manager and doesn't turn the ball over a ton. He'll get you some points but he's never going to be a Brady or Rodgers type fantasy stud. Weeden has shown flashes of being a great QB, but he's on a team that isn't very good yet and he's turnover prone. If I were you I'd stick with the safe bet and roll with Ben.

taebin

Same trailer, different park
I think this is the first year of having a game every Thursday? Something I've learned. Do not trust guys on Thursday night. Every single week they underperform. Guess it's the short week and fucks with their preparation, but they all suck. So annoying.

Pilforgod

Honestly, it has a lot to do with the rest of your team too. If you have a lot of other big points guys you can roll the dice a bit more. Otherwise, I would agree and go with Big Ben. He's going to get hit a lot though, so who knows how long he'll last. Both are risky.

Pilforgod

I actually have a QB matchup question too. I have Tony Fagoo (Romo), he's actually an awesome Fantasy starter because of all the yardage. However, the match up this week is not great for QB as he's going against Cincy. I also have Alex Smith who I obviously am not starting and Sam Bradford. Should I start Sam Bradford over Romo? Bradford is going against Buffalo a much better matchup. This is the first week of my playoffs as the third seed. I have other big point gets below:

AJ Green, Calvin Johnson, and a slew of strong WR at the third spot (Cecil shorts, Josh Gordon). My RB are good but not great (Leshoure and S. Jackson). So I'm just unsure about the QB call this week.

Pilforgod

Matt Ryan or Andrew Luck? I'm thinking Luck, just want someone to tell me it's okay.
That's kind of a tossup, their numbers are similar and Ryan has a few more TD's. Even the match ups are equally good for them. My best bud is going to see the Panthers play so I'm going to say to go with Luck and hope that Carolina gives ATL #2.

Sparko

That's kind of a tossup, their numbers are similar and Ryan has a few more TD's. Even the match ups are equally good for them. My best bud is going to see the Panthers play so I'm going to say to go with Luck and hope that Carolina gives ATL #2.
Atlanta isn't as good as their record indicates considering the 2 worst teams in the league almost beat them at home. If the cardinals had any sort of offense that would have been a blowout and the Raiders lost to a last second field goal.

That being said, Atlanta has no run game and you know they'll throw the ball a shit ton. You just gotta hope Ryan isn't going to throw 5 interceptions in 1 game again.

Cathan

So this is the first week of the playoffs and I'm still trying to decide on Romo vs Bengals or Freeman vs Philly. It's beyond obvious that Philly has written the season off since about week 4 which bodes extremely well for Freeman (I got Vjax too) but Romo, though facing a tougher Cinci D, could just light shit up or he could tank the fuck out of this game.

Right now I'm going with the more solid Freeman. Dem Thomas let me down last night with only 10.2 points to put me at 18.2 with the Broncos D. This QB decision is important though! I'm praying AP absolutely crushes the Bears D this weekend since they're all sorts of hurt. My opponent has the Bears D and I got AP...

Pilforgod

Atlanta isn't as good as their record indicates considering the 2 worst teams in the league almost beat them at home. If the cardinals had any sort of offense that would have been a blowout and the Raiders lost to a last second field goal.

That being said, Atlanta has no run game and you know they'll throw the ball a shit ton. You just gotta hope Ryan isn't going to throw 5 interceptions in 1 game again.
I still think it's just a toss-up and up to personal preference. At least in my leaugue INT isn't a big deal. The 5 INT game that Romo had I still had like 40 pts because of all the yardage he threw.

Pilforgod

Right now I'm going with the more solid Freeman. Dem Thomas let me down last night with only 10.2 points to put me at 18.2 with the Broncos D. This QB decision is important though! I'm praying AP absolutely crushes the Bears D this weekend since they're all sorts of hurt. My opponent has the Bears D and I got AP...
I think that's where I'm leaning too, I just know I'll get burned and Romo will throw another 40 pt game and Freeman will do his usually 18ish.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Either Matthews or Rice I would think. Riceshouldget more carries/touches after last week's debacle, but if the Redskins get up a lead first it will revert to the air Flacco fail festival. Not sure how many carries you can expect against Pitts either though.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Sorry, meant sydney. If it was Ray Rice it wouldn't be a question lol.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Sydney and Matthews

I got 2:

Big Ben or Rivers (leaning towards Ben)

And...the same damn question I had last week:

2 of 3
Mikel Leshoure
Steven Jackson
Jamal Charles

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
I would start Ben. Same answer I gave you last week, start Charles, he has been solid pretty much all season and I have no clue between Jackson or Leshoure.

Sterling

El Presidente
In one league my WR situation is a hot mess. Have to start 2 of Fitzgerald, Dwayne Bowe, Hartline, or TY Hilton. Had Cecil Shorts too but it's all just a mess. Sad state of affairs when you're really deciding if you'd rather play Hartline or Fitz.

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
Lol, Angry, hope you started Charles. First 25 seconds into the game and an 80 yard run with a td...

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nice, gl to you.

Edit: Gotta love my first 4 starters for todays games, Alfred Morris was my lowest point total with 16.2, 4 players already have me at 75.5. Still have Brees, Bradshaw, Graham, Akers and the 49ers D. Feels good man.

Edit 2: Started Bradshaw instead of Wilson who decided he wanted to actually put some numbers up for the first time this season......