Far Cry III

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Not a thread for Qwerty to cry about modern gaming.

Think I'm almost towards the end now. I have to say, despite its flaws this game has been quite fun for me. I would have really liked to have seen a more fleshed out character progression system (gear, stats, etc - rpg elements) - but I suppose that isn't FC. Maybe not my GOTY, but its up there. I can't think of any more that have pulled me in like this did, anyways.

I'll go a solid 8.5/10 - with some more work put into crafting, character advancement, and more varied weapons this could have been off the charts. Still a very good game.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
I really enjoyed it. My only complaint is difficulty. Takedown makes the whole game a breeze. Other then that it was a fun sandbox shooter.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Really loving this game, just finished capturing all the bases and towers on the first island and done all the side shit and collectibles on it except the orange Monkey Mission and the one with a steering wheel icon that's orange.

Soon as I finish those two I'll start back on the main story - only up to the part where you find the guy in white in Badtown there.

xKALECx

Golden Knight of the Realm
Only a couple of hours in. Enjoying it so far. Once you get past the "firsts" and the annoying "hit escape for details" messages, it gets better.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Just beat the game, have every skill and was at 85% just some relics and letters to be found. Holy shit what an ending and what a great fucking time. Now my all time favorite story in a video game, shit was fucking insane.

Did I ever tell you the meaning of insanity?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Just beat the game, have every skill and was at 85% just some relics and letters to be found. Holy shit what an ending and what a great fucking time. Now my all time favorite story in a video game, shit was fucking insane.

Did I ever tell you the meaning of insanity?
So you can unlock every skill in the game, don't have to pick stuff carefully? Just wondering cause I originally planned to go the "ressource" shit in spider since it generally makes sense to get them early in RPGs, but then found out that you only need a very small amount of skins in the game so the double skin one would be worthless as fuck and collecting plants seems very easy so then thought I wouldn't bother. If you can unlock everything though I might as well.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Yeah, actually at around 65% complete and just getting to second island I had all skills except one. I just did all the radio towers, kill quests, and medic runs aside from main story.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I've been playing through really slowly. Nice to know the ending is well done. So far I'm enjoying it.

xKALECx

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm still enjoying the game. However, when I go to pick up cash and I'm told to "go kill a hog and make a bigger wallet", I want to stab someone. I can carry a couple of sub-machine guns, but a couple of dollar? Fuck no...your wallet's too fat with it's $800.....

jdfording

Trakanon Raider
I've got all the craftable stuff done and I'm pretty far into it. I have nothing to spend money on till the rest of the maps unlock in the store. I've spent a lot of hours so far playing this game and have to say it's my game of the year. Dishonored being a close second. Once you turn off post processing effects the game looks 100x better. No smeared baby ass on everything. The game also delivers on titties! Now if Steam would just drop the price of Xcom back to $34.99. I missed the Black Friday sale.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Just finished - ending was pretty WTF, but this really was a great game. Not sure what my GOTY is this year, but this is certainly in the running. Beautiful, great story, and fun.

Seventh

Golden Squire
I'm on the fence about buying this. I loved the first one, thought the second was was boring (didn't finish it) and loved Just Cause 2. Is this game for me, or am I better off skipping it?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It has gotten nothing but praise on here, morenetz, and FoH.

Well, Qwerty said it was a terrible game, which should be reason enough for everyone to go out and buy it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I don't think it's very much like Just Cause but haven't played that, still it's less sandboxy imo. I think the best comparison so far is Dead Island. It's dead island, but with psycho pirates instead of zombies, and the world is bigger instead of being different maps.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
You can run into camps shoot the alarms and slaughter everyone or you can Tenchu style stealth kill every mother fucker. I also approve of gathering them to one locations, stealth kill one and use the dead guys pistol to instant head shot 4 other dudes.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah the multikill takedowns are fucking great. double death from above into a chain into a knife throw SKADOOSH

Sean_sl

shitlord
Just beat it, pretty awesome game. Ended up at 27 hours, 40 minutes with 99% complete. Did every side quest and collectible except 1 Relic, which is in the boat cave. Sadly it does not show up on the map and I did not know about it and you cannot go back in there after a certain point.

I lovehated the hell out of FC2. The single most awesomely terrible game I couldn't wait to finish and did. If FC3 can keep the fire and eliminate the respawning guards every five feet I'm sure I'll absolutely love it. A year from now. When the GOTY edition is $29.99 on Steam.

Nostrovia_sl

shitlord
You can run into camps shoot the alarms and slaughter everyone or you can Tenchu style stealth kill every mother fucker. I also approve of gathering them to one locations, stealth kill one and use the dead guys pistol to instant head shot 4 other dudes.
I do this but with the grenade pin pull/kick kill.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Game is fun but fuck do some weapons completely trivialize the game so far. Atm I can basically complete most missions by just sitting in a bush super far and sniping shit with the bolt action sniper rifle and a silencer and unless I miss I generally clear the camp without anyone even finding out where I am. So I mix it up and sometimes try to do only takedowns or only bow(which is just as bullshit as the sniper rifle just need to compensate and can't do it from as far) but it's still very easy. And if for some reason I have to actually not do it infiltration style, like those story missions sometimes, then everything gets destroyed by my shotgun anyway. The overabundance of regen and terrible AI makes it hard to die to anything besides on purpose to reset a mission for no detect bonus xp. That's on hardest difficulty too. Maybe it'll pick up later, feel I'm advancing slow as shit though with all these fucking idols to collect.