Far Cry III

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
game was very good.

only gripe was that the soundtrack (which is amazing) has only a few tracks.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
started playing blood dragon. Is it just me or is this game extremely slow?
nevermind, something was wrong with my pc and all my games (bioshock, skyrim and this one) were running at half speed for some reason. As in the reload animation, running animation etc was at half speed. Was wild

Sean_sl

shitlord
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...-in-sales.aspx

Blood Dragon has sold over 500k, fuck yeah.

Let's hope Ubisoft does more shit like this and lets these guys make more crazy stand alone 15 dollar games. This game was clearly made by children of the 80s, for children of the 80s and it was awesome.

Also, I think it's a pretty good way to make money. Make your big games and then basically release $10-20 dollar mods of them done by a small team as little cool stand alone games. Profit.

Hamscratch_sl

shitlord
Sorry for bumping this thread, but I finally got around to playing FC3. I just read through the thread and I have to agree with a lot of people that you end up being pretty overpowered before halfway through the game. I didn't realize the whole crafting system for a bit so I spent a few hours with one gun slot and limited ammo and I really thought this game got it right. Then I discovered crafting and once you can carry 4 weapons and a ton of ammo it really changed the game for me (and not in a good way). I don't think it was bad.

I just think they should have not made it so easy to fast travel all over the place and be able to carry stuff. Maybe two weapons max with limited ammo. It would have made the game a lot more exciting and you would have to be a little more smart about your approach. I know you can argue that you can limit yourself, but I am really big on my experience of my first play through. I know I can go back and play the game like I just said, but it's not the same.

It was a fun game with a lot of potential and I hope that the next installment (FC4) delivers. Especially open world Co-op. Absolute travesty that you can't run around rook island with a friend. Would make the game so much more replayable.

Ok I'm done with my rant. Again, sorry for necro'ing this thread.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
I just think they should have not made it so easy to fast travel all over the place and be able to carry stuff. Maybe two weapons max with limited ammo. It would have made the game a lot more exciting and you would have to be a little more smart about your approach. I know you can argue that you can limit yourself, but I am really big on my experience of my first play through. I know I can go back and play the game like I just said, but it's not the same.

It was a fun game with a lot of potential and I hope that the next installment (FC4) delivers. Especially open world Co-op. Absolute travesty that you can't run around rook island with a friend. Would make the game so much more replayable.
I guess the question would be though why should people that want to play the game maxed out not be allowed to when, as you say, the option exists in the game for you to limit yourself?

One of the big complaints from people about FPS's not too long ago was being limited to only carrying 2 guns and some grenades...almost everyone was saying they wanted to go back to the DOOM/Quake days of 8+ guns. The way FC3 did it was a good compromise imo, you weren't as limited to your selection so you had various tactics open up to you but if you wanted to make things more difficult you were able to play as you wanted by not exploring the crafting system at all and I was happy to see it that way.

People should not be restricted from choice just due to the inability of others to control themselves /endrant