Fargo

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The UFO was silly, but easy enough to disregard as a single scene.
The UFO wasnt a single scene, every time it beamed a light on the Gearharts or whatever, they died.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
There's been one episode so far? The only thing heavy handed about it was the constant shots of The Thing DVD (I'm fairly sure there were multiple copies on the bookcase, either that or it jumped from shelf to shelf)

Dissenting opinions are good.

Regurgitating "everything is woke" when it doesn't apply is regurgitating pure shit

A literal ghost led that woman to the dead scientists...

And to be clear, I mean heavy-handed compared to the rest of the TD IP.

Edit:

In Fargo you have had overt elements of supernatural every season. You can argue about how overt or how subtle, or how long the aliens hung out and did things, but there's no denying the supernatural has been a component in every season.

In TD, you have had ZERO overt supernatural elements in previous seasons. There have been supernatural vibes, but it has always been "It was humans all along" by the end of each season. This is the first and only season where they suddenly decided that they were going to go with overt supernatural themes.

Last edited:

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Meh season, crap ending.

1705787445620.png

• 1Worf

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The UFO wasnt a single scene, every time it beamed a light on the Gearharts or whatever, they died.
Well good thing I didn't notice that then, I guess.

Regurgitating "everything is woke" when it doesn't apply is regurgitating pure shit
If a movie wants to get considered for awards, they are required by the academy to have X amount of DEI in everything they do. That is going to have a huge effect on TV too, which tends to make everything coming out of Hollywood woke by default. If you can't see the subtle things, then you probably weren't looking. If I wasn't annoyed from getting smacked by the supernatural shit so early, and that character playing a major part, I would have been watching less critically too.

In Fargo you have had overt elements of supernatural every season.
I don't remember noticing any overt supernatural shit in season 1. If I hadn't read that Malvo was supposed to be the Devil, in this thread, I would have never known.

• 1Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't remember noticing any overt supernatural shit in season 1. If I hadn't read that Malvo was supposed to be the Devil, in this thread, I would have never known.

Been years since Ive seen S1, but I'm specifically remembering him straight up vanishing from a basement with no windows or doors- basically he went through cement walls- that's overt.

Last edited:

Burns

Been years since Ive seen S1, but I specifically remembering him straight up vanishing from a basement with no windows or doors- basically he went through cement walls- that's overt.
Yea, it's been a long time since season 1, but guess I missed that.

• 1Solidarity

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

So you don't notice the obvious hints about a characters true identity, but you do notice the imaginary wokeness. Malvo literally says he hasn't had apple pie as good since the Garden of Eden lol, but that went straight over your head?

Ok got it, you're clearly a credible and knowledgeable source!

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
So you don't notice the obvious hints about a characters true identity, but you do notice the imaginary wokeness. Malvo literally says he hasn't had apple pie as good since the Garden of Eden lol, but that went straight over your head?

We're arguing on the same side here (that every season of Fargo has had overt supernatural) but I gotta point out that this is not an example of overt supernatural. This is a great example of hinting at supernatural without giving the viewer seemingly indisputable evidence of supernatural.

• 1Like

Burns

I'm not going to notice it, unless I am looking for it. I do remember the pie comment, and it was taken as a joke. I was not looking for signs of the supernatural, and therefore did not take it as such.

As for the amount of The Message: Years and years of politics getting pushed in entertainment, makes it harder to not look for it. This is not the first show in the last few years that would have gone by, unnoticed, had I watched it 15 years ago, but now the small things sort of stick out, and they were small things. I never said it was the wokeness that ruined it, just that it add to the annoyance with the show.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
If I looked up Hawley before watching season 1, then the only show I would have seen of his would have been half of the first season of Legion, which I also didn't like, but this show was getting glowing reviews, so I can give a guy a second chance.

I liked season 1 and 2 well enough. The devil stuff in season 1 was very subtle with it's hints, which allowed you, as the viewer, to easily miss or ignore, and I did. The UFO was silly, but easy enough to disregard as a single scene. I don't even remember what season 3 was about, but it was mediocre enough that I didn't watch season 4. In season 5 they hit you over the head with it and scream THIS MAN IS A 500 YEAR OLD CURSED IMMORTAL! That way they can handwave any unrealistic thing he does as, well, he is supernatural.

The only reason I watched season 5 was because the people in this thread seemed to like it, but I skipped reading a bunch of post that seemed spoiler-ish (were talking about what was happening in the show) and I thought a dissenting opinion is good to have in the midst of all the dick sucking.

Hey I get it, it CAN feel like creators are adding weird shit willy nilly into shows to generate "water cooler" discussions, that really are not relevant to the plot or not thought through well enough to be satisfactory. Hawley for me gets a pass because all of his shit can be real weird and its fun to me because while its more subtle in some seasons, its usually somewhat plot or character relevant that can remain overlooked by a larger streaming audience and something fun for the fans who closely watch the show.

Season 1: Lorne Malvo (Billy Bob Thorton) was the standin for the Devil. The Coen Brothers LOVE an unstoppable force and were executive producers on season 1 which is why I am thinking it was partly their idea. Weather he is or isn't the literal devil was irrelevant he had all the qualities.

Season 2: UFO's, as mentioned they appeared at all the Geirhearts deaths.

Season 3: So there is two here, V.M Varga was a standin for a vampire. Not literally "Dracula", but he was sucking the life out of Emmet and Sy and he wouldnt let you go once you were in his grasp. Also is transported around by his minions in a "coffin" and is rarely seen approaching he kind of just is there. The other was "The Wandering Jew" (The bowling alley scene). The shit is straight out of the 13th century.

Season 4: Shit season and I think Hawley didnt want to do it either, nothing I saw could be considered supernatural

Season 5: Man I really like Munch, I thought he had a great arc to the season. Sin-eater as you know, weather its really the same dude from the 1500's is part of the fun, I am thinking not but it lead to a "cursed bloodline".

Anyways, I was more joking then anything with my response earlier, Hawley is a weird dude (and sometimes for the sake of being weird). There is nothing wrong with dissenting opinions, I think people are just over people like Foler shitting in every entertainment thread without adding anything really to discuss. Not every show is for everyone, and not liking supernatural vibes in a irrelevant comedy drama is a perfectly valid one.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Season 1 was one of the best shows ever

season 2 was still very good and endearing:

season 3 was meh

season 4 I made it through 4 episodes and gave up, it was uninteresting garbage

season 5 - I think I made it through 5 and still no idea what the story is, don’t care about anything think the main hero is the worst character and least likes me I’ve ever seen.

this show is everything wrong with modern writers. No substance or interesting characters or events, plenty of cross dressing retard daughters

• 1Tiresome

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
It says on screen, 500 years ago, then shows him getting paid to eat the lord of the manor's "sin," as the lord lay dead in a coffin, in episode 2 or 3. I would go look, but I already deleted the whole season because I have no desire to ever watch it again.

Edit: Right, can just go to a streaming site:
View attachment 510051
View attachment 510052
I thought it mixed well with the bringing Jesus into your heart ending for him.