Fargo

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Well, that was weird. Premature ejaculation and then slow. Loved the prison scene. Loved Olaaaah Muuuuunk. S6 in another 2-3 years, prolly.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I loved this season and the ending was the cherry on the Sunday. Ends with a good message of accepting love in Christ and being forgiven.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The only episode I didn't really care for this season was the puppet episode especially after finding out it was just a dream or whatever

Animosity

The only episode I didn't really care for this season was the puppet episode especially after finding out it was just a dream or whatever
I liked the premise of it and how it was a dream. But did feel a bit drawn out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Worst season yet. Awful character development and casting.

Homsar

No way this season was worse than 3-4. I don't know how many people finished S4

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I didn't watch season 4, but this season was worse than what I remember of season 3 (granted, that's a bit spotty, so far out from it's release). The major issue was that they moved the supernatural bullshit into a MUCH bigger part of the show. Everything else was little stupid things that kept adding up.

A lot of the small things have to do with modern politics in Hollywood bleeding into it, to a point that it's hard to over look. The main character's husband, his father, and the one cop's husband were all fucking cartoon character bimbos. I can't think of a single show or movie, that I look fondly on, that has that level of women acting so dumb as to justify it as some tables turned bullshit. Even the mustached banker guy was too cartoonishly stupid to be taken as a serious plot point.

A lot of the mother-in-law's lines felt like something we would see out of some self insert Kathleen Kennedy Star Wars dialog.

On a positive note, there might have been a grills get'er dun undertone, but at least there was no overtly stupid fighting shit, like a 110 pound girl 1 punch knocking out a 6'4 250 pound hulk.

Homsar

Like we talked about few pages back season 2 and the UFO was definitely big part I forgot about. The UFO 👽 definitely predicted/helped kill off the Gearhart family or whatever the name was

After breaking down the UFO stuff it's more supernatural than Munch talking in riddles. He says he's been alive for thousand years or whatever but he was fucked up from the first episode and didn't heal from the ⛸️

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Burns

Like we talked about few pages back season 2 and the UFO was definitely big part I forgot about. The UFO 👽 definitely predicted/helped kill off the Gearhart family or whatever the name was

After breaking down the UFO stuff it's more supernatural than Munch talking in riddles. He says he's been alive for thousand years or whatever but he was fucked up from the first episode and didn't heal from the ⛸️
They established that he was a supernatural being from the second or third episode, in all the other seasons it was only hinted at or, as with the UFO, a single scene that does not define the whole character going forward. Both were dumb, but this was much worse.

• 1Like

Homsar

How was he supernatural? If your talking about his ritual, that was him in the tunnels at Roy's property. Technically you could say that wasn't real just like the puppet episode. Noah likes to lets you interpret how you want a lot

Last edited:

Burns

How was he supernatural? If your talking about his ritual, that was him in the tunnels at Roy's property. Technically you could say that wasn't real just like the puppet episode. Noah likes to lets you interpret how you want a lot
It says on screen, 500 years ago, then shows him getting paid to eat the lord of the manor's "sin," as the lord lay dead in a coffin, in episode 2 or 3. I would go look, but I already deleted the whole season because I have no desire to ever watch it again.

Edit: Right, can just go to a streaming site:
2024-01-18 20.44.00 cinego.tv af7f6ea4bc22.png

2024-01-18 20.44.14 cinego.tv fdd8cfdebd46.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Homsar

It says on screen, 500 years ago, then shows him getting paid to eat the lord of the manor's "sin," as the lord lay dead in a coffin, in episode 2 or 3. I would go look, but I already deleted the whole season because I have no desire to ever watch it again.

Edit: Right, can just go to a streaming site:
View attachment 510051
View attachment 510052
I've seen writers do misleading shit like that. Shamalongdingdong pulls that shit. Pisses me off when the entire mystery is bullshit when you establish a lie. Think The Village starts off saying it's the 1800's or some crap in the opening so he can get his twist at the end. Fuck that shit

Last edited:

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I didn't watch season 4, but this season was worse than what I remember of season 3 (granted, that's a bit spotty, so far out from it's release). The major issue was that they moved the supernatural bullshit into a MUCH bigger part of the show. Everything else was little stupid things that kept adding up.

A lot of the small things have to do with modern politics in Hollywood bleeding into it, to a point that it's hard to over look. The main character's husband, his father, and the one cop's husband were all fucking cartoon character bimbos. I can't think of a single show or movie, that I look fondly on, that has that level of women acting so dumb as to justify it as some tables turned bullshit. Even the mustached banker guy was too cartoonishly stupid to be taken as a serious plot point.

A lot of the mother-in-law's lines felt like something we would see out of some self insert Kathleen Kennedy Star Wars dialog.

On a positive note, there might have been a grills get'er dun undertone, but at least there was no overtly stupid fighting shit, like a 110 pound girl 1 punch knocking out a 6'4 250 pound hulk.

Just cry it's woke and save us all the multi paragraph bs like every other retard here

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Just cry it's woke and save us all the multi paragraph bs like every other retard here
Everything out of Hollywood is "woke" but there are varying degree of tolerability and if it wasn't for the prevalence of supernatural shit, it may have been more tolerable in this too.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
Moooooooooooom, Noah Hawley is being weird again!

Like at this point if you don't like that stuff don't watch anything the guy does (didn't Legion teach people anything?). I thought this season was a fantastic return to form for the series, highly recommend this season.

• 1Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I tend to dislike really heavy-handed supernatural stuff IF it's incongruous with the previous seasons in a series.

This season of True Detective, for example, is definitely cranking the heavy handed overtly supernatural stuff way higher than the previous seasons that mostly just hinted at it.

I didn't feel that way personally about this season of Fargo. To me it felt like Munch wasn't much more overt in terms of supernatural presence than Billy Bob's character in the first season or the aliens in S2.

The consistency in Fargo probably has something to do with the fact that each season has been Noah Hawley's interpretation of the "Cohen Brothers feel", whereas True Detective has now changed hands into someone else's vision.

Burns

Moooooooooooom, Noah Hawley is being weird again!

Like at this point if you don't like that stuff don't watch anything the guy does (didn't Legion teach people anything?). I thought this season was a fantastic return to form for the series, highly recommend this season.
If I looked up Hawley before watching season 1, then the only show I would have seen of his would have been half of the first season of Legion, which I also didn't like, but this show was getting glowing reviews, so I can give a guy a second chance.

I liked season 1 and 2 well enough. The devil stuff in season 1 was very subtle with it's hints, which allowed you, as the viewer, to easily miss or ignore, and I did. The UFO was silly, but easy enough to disregard as a single scene. I don't even remember what season 3 was about, but it was mediocre enough that I didn't watch season 4. In season 5 they hit you over the head with it and scream THIS MAN IS A 500 YEAR OLD CURSED IMMORTAL! That way they can handwave any unrealistic thing he does as, well, he is supernatural.

The only reason I watched season 5 was because the people in this thread seemed to like it, but I skipped reading a bunch of post that seemed spoiler-ish (were talking about what was happening in the show) and I thought a dissenting opinion is good to have in the midst of all the dick sucking.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
This season of True Detective, for example, is definitely cranking the heavy handed overtly supernatural stuff way higher than the previous seasons that mostly just hinted at it.

There's been one episode so far? The only thing heavy handed about it was the constant shots of The Thing DVD (I'm fairly sure there were multiple copies on the bookcase, either that or it jumped from shelf to shelf)

and I thought a dissenting opinion is good to have

Dissenting opinions are good.

Regurgitating "everything is woke" when it doesn't apply is regurgitating pure shit