Fast X (2023)

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Finally got around to seeing this last night. I had trouble making it to the end, it wasn't good.

I've enjoyed most of the series, it's not great cinema, but usually are fun movies if you leave your brain at the door and just enjoy the spectacle.

The issue with these movies is they keep upping the stunts, and the set pieces in this one were so outrageously stupid that even with my brain left at the door I couldn't enjoy them.

They need to dial it back a notch in the next one.

I totally enjoyed Momoa, he seemed to be the only one that knew how ridiculous and over the top everything was and delivered a performance that was in line with the rest. The rest of the cast, especially Diesel took things way too serious like they were hoping for an Oscar performance.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Everyone thought circling back to the first movie and toning it down would be the right send-off.

Vin's hellbent on going full retard for some reason.

The theme is family, but you can't take any of it serious with how ridiculous the backdrop is. The family scenes and relationships portayed fall flatter than ever in X than any previous installment. Somehow that's Momoa's fault for "over-acting" according to Vin.

If he wanted to focus on the family theme he should have taken it back a little bit.

The sequel or 3rd sequel (if it gets greenlit) to X is going to seriously damage what Vin is trying to do thematically as he brings it to a close. I can see now after X why the previous veteran director pulled out and decided Vin was too difficult to work with.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Everyone thought circling back to the first movie and toning it down would be the right send-off.

Vin's hellbent on going full retard for some reason.

The theme is family, but you can't take any of it serious with how ridiculous the backdrop is. The family scenes and relationships portayed fall flatter than ever in X than any previous installment. Somehow that's Momoa's fault for "over-acting" according to Vin.

If he wanted to focus on the family theme he should have taken it back a little bit.

The sequel or 3rd sequel (if it gets greenlit) to X is going to seriously damage what Vin is trying to do thematically as he brings it to a close. I can see now after X why the previous veteran director pulled out and decided Vin was too difficult to work with.

What? The point of these movies is to go full retard. It being about "family" is more meme than reality, and if anything the problem with X is that Vin's the only person on the planet that takes him seriously

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
What? The point of these movies is to go full retard. It being about "family" is more meme than reality, and if anything the problem with X is that Vin's the only person on the planet that takes him seriously

Which is why I don't get why he put it in the movie at all. Seemed forced especially in X, more so than any other movie-- as he tries to bring it all to a close.

It's obviously very important to Vin to have these themes in the movie. But nobody else gives a fuck.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Which is why I don't get why he put it in the movie at all. Seemed forced especially in X, more so than any other movie-- as he tries to bring it all to a close.

It's obviously very important to Vin to have these themes in the movie. But nobody else gives a fuck.

It's definitely a "theme" that needs to be there, just not taken all that seriously. The best parts of X were Momoa and Cena, who seem to have a better grasp on the fact that the ridiculousness is what makes the franchise great

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user