Fatman (2020)

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I just saw this at the movies. It was me and my lady friend and one other couple in the entire theater.

FUN AS FUCK. This is an absurd dark comedy, and I loved it. It was raw and violent in parts while keeping an air of humor (which was not overwrought at all,) with Walton Goggins being pretty nasty. Fuck any bad reviews that don't like Mel because of Mel, this was actually really well done. Check it out in the theater or when it goes streaming.
I am in a liberal shithole. 80% of theatres shut down, remaining very limited offerings and largely trying to survive on private auditorium bookings.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
lolol - I'm definitely watching this with the wife when it comes out on streaming/download. Dark humor Santa movie? Sign me tf up.

worldx

Trakanon Raider
Watched it last night, i enjoy Mel Gibson taking the Nic Cage route. Going to check out Jiu Jitsu next.

j00t

it was... not a bad movie, just not really what i was expecting. i was expecting something more humorous... more of a dark comedy. it's not really either? the premise is pretty absurd so i just sort of thought they'd roll into that but they didn't.

don't get me wrong, i liked it and walten goggins had some great moments, it just wasn't really what i was expecting it to be

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
it was... not a bad movie, just not really what i was expecting. i was expecting something more humorous... more of a dark comedy. it's not really either? the premise is pretty absurd so i just sort of thought they'd roll into that but they didn't.

don't get me wrong, i liked it and walten goggins had some great moments, it just wasn't really what i was expecting it to be
I feel the same. It wasn't bad but I expected more. It doesn't have much rewatchability but it was fine to waste some time.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
7/10

if you’re willing to accept the premise, there’s not really much to nitpick

It’s a low budget film with decent cinematography

The fact that everyone is playing their role dead straight only adds to the humor

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Watched this today and its awesome. Love the dark comedy and how over the top it is. Definitely recommend for an offbrand Christmas movie.

j00t

See when people say dark comedy and over the top, I think of bad Santa. This movie was not over the top, it was... Under the top. It was a completely absurd premise played very matter-of-fact. Which is fine, it did a good job of that.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
See when people say dark comedy and over the top, I think of bad Santa. This movie was not over the top, it was... Under the top. It was a completely absurd premise played very matter-of-fact. Which is fine, it did a good job of that.
You sound like Ted Mosby.