FedEx Cup

Khane

Got something right about marriage
What is with all this Tiger talk? The guy is way past his prime and is not interesting or fun to watch anymore. Why would you tune in to watch him? He's a shell of himself, he's lost his competitive edge, he even seems deflated during interviews. I never liked Tiger but his talent and charisma was undeniable before the meltdown of his personal life. There are a lot of players that are way more interesting to watch now though.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
What is with all this Tiger talk? The guy is way past his prime and is not interesting or fun to watch anymore. Why would you tune in to watch him? He's a shell of himself, he's lost his competitive edge, he even seems deflated during interviews. I never liked Tiger but his talent and charisma was undeniable before the meltdown of his personal life. There are a lot of players that are way more interesting to watch now though.

Wow... we have a Cathan in the golf thread.... :(

• 1Solidarity

Khane

Hey, keep discussing whatever has been you want. He's fucking boring to watch. He has no fire left in his belly.

• 1Picard

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Hey, keep discussing whatever has been you want. He's fucking boring to watch. He has no fire left in his belly.

If he has no fire left in his belly, then answer this question for me. Why the FUCK would he go through rehabbing after having FOUR back surgeries(including getting his spine fused) and then practice enough to get his golf game back into shape well enough to place top 10 in 2 of his first 3 events after a year+ off? Yeah he didn't do well at Augusta this year, but the hype was for real reasons and not just for his name.

And to answer your question, the reason to watch him is to see if someone who is in his mid 40s and just off a spinal fusion surgery can win again on the PGA tour. That's why its compelling to watch him this time around.

• 1Solidarity

Khane

Just look at his interviews:

Masters 2018: Tiger Woods Round 3 interview

Tiger Woods is now just a normal guy who is struggling to find his game and stay competitive. He laughs and jokes and even sighs with frustration and sounds discouraged, just like the rest of us. He is WAY more genuine now and quite a bit more likeable as a result. He used to interview like a robot with canned responses he thought would make him seem somewhat sympathetic but you could tell he didn't really give a shit. We're talking about a guy who was one of the most ruthless competitors in any sport ever and had the arrogance to match it. He KNEW every tournament was his to win or lose and the rest of the field was playing for second every time he stepped on the course. He's not that same athlete, his mental edge is gone. That scandal took all the wind out of his sails and brought him back down to planet earth where he's just a normal professional golfer who has to grind to try to find his game and is past his prime. That guy in the interview above isn't Tiger Woods, that's Eldrick Woods.

So I think it's just kind of funny that there was talk of him the last couple of pages and no real talk of the tournament itself that had Patrick Reed who played really well, started to struggle early on Sunday and looked uncomfortable but was able to keep his composure and hold on to win his first major. Jordan Spieth who surged and put pressure on Reed to perform. A late charging Rickie Fowler that had a chance to force Reed to keep playing offensively and several other golfers who were playing well all week and had a shot going late into Sunday's round. Tiger Woods was out of contention the entire tournament. Who cares?

Del

Vyemm Raider
People were talking about him because he was 1 shot below the lead for the tournament on the dates of those posts. Discussing a relevant golfer in the relevant tournament at the time of posting is funny to you? Tiger is a big name, whether or not you believe he still has a passion to win. Patrick Reed, while a good golfer, is pretty bland by comparison. Weird that you'd be upset that nobody is talking about him.

• 1Solidarity

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
And honestly NONE of the current crop of young golfers are as compelling as Tiger is, at least to me. NONE of them will ever come close to being as good as Phil was during his prime much less Tiger or Jack. We have mostly seen the cap of what they can do. So the current 'story lines' in golf right now are seeing if Tiger can win again, if Rory can ever get the Masters off his back and win the career slam, and which young golfer is going to win a major. Now the possibility of one of those stories coming true just passed so we are left with Tiger and the majors.

Khane

Who's upset? I was just surprised at the amount of discussion involving Tiger and lack of discussion about anything else really. I don't really know anyone who still finds him compelling so it was strange to me.

Khane

Anyone got a link for The Open other than the Golf Channel coverage? I guess my cable package doesn't include Golf Channel and that's the only channel on XFINITY covering it until the weekend.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Tiger finally played well for a full round and carded a 66 to get into this. I doubt he wins, but it should be fun to watch with him in the mix tomorrow.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
He will need some help from the those ahead of him. I'm wanting to see Jordan win back to back honestly.

Khane

I'll finally be able to watch tomorrow. I was gone all day today and it was exclusively on Golf Channel Thursday and Friday which I don't have. I have 200 channels I never watch but none of the sports channels because Comcast wants like an extra 50 bucks a month for that package.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
He will need some help from the those ahead of him. I'm wanting to see Jordan win back to back honestly.

He will but the wind is howling today so you never can tell. I don't think he wins but I hope he at least plays well enough to make them sweat.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Crazy weather day for sure, he is co leader and Spieth is back one. Crazy swing

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Crazy weather day for sure, he is co leader and Spieth is back one. Crazy swing

He has been a bit off on his drive the last 2 holes and its cost him. Hopefully he can par this hole and then get the double back.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
First Italian to win the Open....Molinari easily played the best round today. Was amazing watching him.