Final Fantasy 16

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I['ll get lucky here - I am out of town from this afternoon until Sunday but will get back Sunday and my wife is out of town for the week leading into 4th of July week so I'll have a whole week at least :p Then the weekend after that.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Sucks I have to wait for the PC port. I'm just not a console guy. :(
Was same boat but I’ve done a flip hard to console. It’s dumb. PC is more money up front but software is so much cheaper. And I could just move my pc to my theater system. I’m just paying for laziness I guess.

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
I’m just paying for laziness I guess.
You and I have very different definitions of laziness. As a PC-only guy, I consider myself lazy because I don't like having to move back and forth between Console and PC depending on what I want to do. I'd rather just sit in front of my computer and do all the things: Internet, Gaming, Emails, etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You and I have very different definitions of laziness. As a PC-only guy, I consider myself lazy because I don't like having to move back and forth between Console and PC depending on what I want to do. I'd rather just sit in front of my computer and do all the things: Internet, Gaming, Emails, etc.
Yeah. I’m being lazy about a new build and installs and getting shit to work sometimes. And I have a decent surround system so I enjoy the base up and no headphones so my kids love it and the wife bitches.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Connecting a PC to a TV was still total ass last time I looked into it. It works but DTS:X / Atmos is a pain in the ass and unless something changed quite recently HDR is still broken even in Windows 11. Only time I touch my PC now is for games that either must be played with m/k or ultrawide is such a massive advantage it can't be passed up.

What pisses me off is the PS5 exclusivity. I'd much rather be playing it on Series X like every other third party game.

spronk

FPS noob
Resetera posters are mad about the lack of diveristy in a game based on medieval Europe.

that thread was locked because it had a voting poll and like 90% of people said they were gonna buy it anyways

finished Jedi Survivor today (new patch fixed game breaking bugs) and all ready to play FF16 on thursday, woo

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It’s going to suck but I’m waiting for the my vacation in the last 2 weeks of July to play this.

I’m still playing Diablo 4 with a friend and going through Black Desert new expansion so not a lot of time for this.

I’m going to need to avoid the thread in case of spoilers.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Would've been a day 1 buy for me, but I don't have a PS4. I enjoyed 15, despite its issues.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I also enjoyed FF15, but it's down with FF2 in terms of where I rank it for the series and I never played it a second time. The world is kind of cool and the brotherhood of the four characters worked well. The villain Ardyn is also probably the best FF villain since Kefka. Not even joking. He's almost like a Kefka homage at times while still being his own man. The graphics are extremely good. Really pushes the PS4 the same way FF13 pushed the PS3 and FF12 pushed the PS2.

All of that said, FF15's combat was doo-doo, the world felt unfinished (because it was), the story in the second half was wildly rushed ala Secret of Mana, and the villains were totally un-developed compared to the main one. I have no idea who the Emperor or his generals really were because they all appear out of nowhere and disappear out of nowhere. It's obvious Aranea and Lunafreya were supposed to be playable and was cut. Lunafreya and Noctis' original designs were much better than the release designs. The story made me care at first, then petered out quickly. The combat was literally "hold X" despite being purportedly action-based.

So yeah I liked playing 15 once but it wasn't what I'd consider great. I get a strong feeling from 16 that it's basically "15 except good" and follows a lot of the same story framework / battle style. Has so much in common with 15, just...refined, I guess? Feels like they sat down with clear goals and focus and got this done, as opposed to FF15 which was on and off of a drawing board for years getting revised and re-worked and cut and just generally coasted-through by the devs.

joz123

Potato del Grande
sigh

ps5 gets here thursday
Jason Sudeikis Ted Lasso GIF by Apple TV

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm getting my car back the day this comes out, with 2 weeks of work to catch up on. Outstanding. I'll try to get around to it next week. This weekend is gonna be torment.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
No PC release? WTF year is this, 2003? Exclusives are retarded as fuck.

• 2Like
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users