Final Fantasy 16

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
When is the patch to make the game not suck?

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Unpopular opinion now I guess but I enjoyed this a lot. No desire to do New Game plus but I enjoyed the story and the combat.

Side quests were fucking awful though and the story did get rough some toward end. I still ended up having a great time and liked it a lot. All my complaints on 14 apply here at times though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Well this game turned out to be a hot mess. Story was decent, combat was dogshit (I finally just put on the cheater rings and 'pressed square' through it all, and I honestly could not tell a difference). Also why did I need to fight the same fucking people over and over and over 'X defeated' , sure my fat ass they were , oh big surprise, here they come again to fight. 6/10 game 4/10 FF game. Better than FF13 but that's about it. Don't think I'll be paying full price for a FF (or squaresoft) game again unless they get BG3 level reviews.

EDIT: Speaking of hot messes, I'm going to try Starfield next.......

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Saw there was a dlc released, anyone try it?

Looks like it adds a Leviathan chapter to the game. Leviathan was notably missing from the base game and there was definitely a part of the game where it felt like a chapter was missing, so I'm guessing this was supposed to be in the base game and didn't get finished in time.

If I ever replay the game (I'm sure I'll do another FF series run when I'm 50 or something) I'll check it out but in the meantime the game soured me too much to go back.

• 1Mother of God

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I cant buy FF games anymore on console if they will just come out later on PC. I want to play this, but im not going to double dip for them.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Looks like it adds a Leviathan chapter to the game. Leviathan was notably missing from the base game and there was definitely a part of the game where it felt like a chapter was missing, so I'm guessing this was supposed to be in the base game and didn't get finished in time.

If I ever replay the game (I'm sure I'll do another FF series run when I'm 50 or something) I'll check it out but in the meantime the game soured me too much to go back.

Is the one that dropped the other night the leviathan one? Thought that might be the March one, whereas the one just released was Omega weapon type stuff related to "The Fallen" from the game lore.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Is the one that dropped the other night the leviathan one? Thought that might be the March one, whereas the one just released was Omega weapon type stuff related to "The Fallen" from the game lore.

Unsure. I just saw the one trailer from the other day and it looked like Leviathan was involved, had a water themed title. Also saw Omega in there though. So there are two DLCs, one that's out and one upcoming?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Unsure. I just saw the one trailer from the other day and it looked like Leviathan was involved, had a water themed title. Also saw Omega in there though. So there are two DLCs, one that's out and one upcoming?
Yeah it's Omega for this one and Leviathan in February. Seems like Omega is a cheap DLC with a superboss and Leviathan is a longer more story focused one?

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
And both should have been in the original release. My only complaint really about the game.

• 1Solidarity

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
And both should have been in the original release. My only complaint really about the game.

Eh, maybe Leviathan since it's likely more story based (plus just the obvious missing 1). Omega superboss feels like a pretty normal dlc these days.

• 1NPC

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Finally getting around to playing this and its pretty fuckin great so far. Pretty brutal but im all for it and hope to see more.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Finally getting around to playing this and its pretty fuckin great so far. Pretty brutal but im all for it and hope to see more.

I liked it a lot at first, like a LOT. The last 25% or so is what turned me off to it. Seemed like a lot of people went on similar journeys of liking the game at first. Well, it isn't bad or anything.

• 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I'll probably do a replay later this year when both DLC's are released. I liked the story but the fighting changes I didn't really care for.

Rude

Potato del Grande
Quality severely declines after you deal with Typhon, so buckle up.

I recommend doing side quests, running away from all non mandatory fights, and don't bother exploring. You'll be sufficiently leveled, geared to deal with the content and may be less frustrated by the end of the game.

tugofpeace

Lord Nagafen Raider
I bought this game on release and just now started to play it. I'm not a fan..

First off, way too many cutscenes. If I wanted to watch a movie I would watch a movie..

The game just doesn't seem very engaging. I can't really figure out what it is but I can't tolerate it for very long. Wish I could get my money back.

I got maybe 1/3 of the way through Act 1 and I just can't do it.

• 1Faggotry

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>

First off, way too many cutscenes. If I wanted to watch a movie I would watch a movie..

The game just doesn't seem very engaging. I can't really figure out what it is but I can't tolerate it for very long. Wish I could get my money back.

hwhdor8ler-t.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
I liked it a lot at first, like a LOT. The last 25% or so is what turned me off to it. Seemed like a lot of people went on similar journeys of liking the game at first. Well, it isn't bad or anything.
Plays just like the OG disc 2 did. A great ride until the last 1/4 of the game.

• 1Truth!

Chris

Potato del Grande

Eikon battles are amazing, assume you have only done the tutorial ones Phoenix/Ifrit so far?

• 1Seriously?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Exactly how I felt halfway through. Started off really interesting and strong, went downhill fast and I couldn’t get excited to log back on. Watching cutscenes constantly interrupted the game flow so much. Then you add in non rewarding exploration, nonexistent loot, shit tier crafting. Just another turd of a game for a tired franchise.