Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
wait... how does this work? INichol has AoE Tank but 100% evade unit will make all of them miss?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Nichol can use his skill Redirect to give another unit 100% AoE physical cover for two turns.

If the unit he casts Redirect on has 100% evasion, then every physical attack directed at your team (even aoe) will be redirected to that unit, then will miss because of evasion.

Won't help against magical attacks though (and some bosses use "physical" attacks that are coded as magic, which will also ignore cover). Still, it's very potent.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
My first two rainbows in ages. Sea Breeze Fina and Wilhelm. I doubt Fina will see much use since I have so many other 5 star mages. I guess Wilhelm is my new tank though.

Couchy

Molten Core Raider
Finally figured out how to use switch control. I will actually be able to farm tmr’s and make use of all these weak units. Wish i’d known about this a long time ago.

Could use some more friends to round out my list. 942,850,749

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
I spent 10k lapis, 6 summon tickets and the 250 pull. Got Nichol and 2x Jake.

I am not chasing anymore rainbows.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
p sure dude has gotten at least 1 rainbow, sometimes multiples, in every 11 pull hes done since he started playing. Yes Im jelly and yes Im mad

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Rainbow'd on a Rare Ticket summon today, only had 1 left. Heart skipped a beat.

But it was Flame Veritas, so not a bad pull I guess. He is pretty decent isn't he?

Aevian

Silver Knight of the Realm
Looking for a bit of advice. Been playing for about a month now, my friend tells me I've been lucky with my pulls. Veritas of Earth, Ace, Pirate Jake x2, Ramza, Aileen, Luka, Fina, Illusionist Nichol. I'm not sure what I should be working on. Enchancements, TMR? Any advice is appreciated.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
That’s a decent starting set.

VOE is your tank and Luka your healer. Luka you want to replace as soon as possible but healers are tricky. There’s Ayaka at the top and then there’s everyone else way down below her. Refia is better than Luka in my opinion so if you get her keep her. But the gap between Ayaka and Refia is way too large in my opinion. They haven’t done anything to fix this gap either so that can be frustrating for newer players who missed out on the only other 4 star healer who can even compete with Ayaka (Tilith from the Brave Frontier collaboration) and even then Tilith is still, clearly, inferior.

Ace and Aileen will carry you for awhile. Do whatever you can to awaken them and enhancing them. The consensus is that you focus on gearing up a damage dealer one at a time. So focus on getting MAG stuff for Ace and physical stuff for Ailee. Generally the top tier physical characters are better but Ace is a solid unit.

Pirate Jake for you is worth leveling since he can chain decently. You’ll drop him eventually but he can work for you in the meantime. With that said his TMR is amazing. Don’t even think of fusing him. You’ll want both rings at some point.

Speaking of TMRs right now that’s all Ramza is good for. His TMR is great. He will, eventually, be extremely strong when they finally release his enhancements. In Japan his enhancements were meta shifting and extremely overpowered for the time they were released. So in global they are intentionally holding back his enhancements.

Once you get caught up on stuff there will be time to farm TMRs. You don’t want to waste time on TMRs until you have about 100 NRG or more and are caught up on things. Once you start working on TMRs focus on one unit at a time. For example, focus on Ace by grinding only TMRs that benefit him.

Aevian

Silver Knight of the Realm
That’s a decent starting set.

VOE is your tank and Luka your healer. Luka you want to replace as soon as possible but healers are tricky. There’s Ayaka at the top and then there’s everyone else way down below her. Refia is better than Luka in my opinion so if you get her keep her. But the gap between Ayaka and Refia is way too large in my opinion. They haven’t done anything to fix this gap either so that can be frustrating for newer players who missed out on the only other 4 star healer who can even compete with Ayaka (Tilith from the Brave Frontier collaboration) and even then Tilith is still, clearly, inferior.

Ace and Aileen will carry you for awhile. Do whatever you can to awaken them and enhancing them. The consensus is that you focus on gearing up a damage dealer one at a time. So focus on getting MAG stuff for Ace and physical stuff for Ailee. Generally the top tier physical characters are better but Ace is a solid unit.

Pirate Jake for you is worth leveling since he can chain decently. You’ll drop him eventually but he can work for you in the meantime. With that said his TMR is amazing. Don’t even think of fusing him. You’ll want both rings at some point.

Speaking of TMRs right now that’s all Ramza is good for. His TMR is great. He will, eventually, be extremely strong when they finally release his enhancements. In Japan his enhancements were meta shifting and extremely overpowered for the time they were released. So in global they are intentionally holding back his enhancements.

Once you get caught up on stuff there will be time to farm TMRs. You don’t want to waste time on TMRs until you have about 100 NRG or more and are caught up on things. Once you start working on TMRs focus on one unit at a time. For example, focus on Ace by grinding only TMRs that benefit him.

Thanks for the response. Oh I also pulled an Illusionist Nichol. My guys are fully awoken. So now enchancements? Total newbie question, enchancing refers to awakening abilities right? I've started looking at those, is chamber of gems the only place to get those mats?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
There's special events about once a month that give a bunch of one time enhancement rewards, and can be repeat farmed for additional materials. Chamber of Gems is probably the worst option for farming enhancement materials, but it is an option if you're desperate.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Any advice for Sheraten? The whole 10 man thing is a bit overwhelming. I can’t find any really good guides either. Easy version was easy but the hard version I can’t seem to wrap my head around.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
The way I did it was to have support units play double duty as dps also using pod153. I think my two dps were 9S and Rikku, doing a rotation of like one turn they do their buffs/limitbreak, then 2 turns of podchaining for dps, then repeat. They only had like 750 and 300 atk, so you definitely don't need high end dps for the trial.

The only tricky part is when p2 begins. I was able to one shot the pumpkins by having some big dps in the reserve slots, and on the first turn when pumpkins spawned, i swapped to the glass cannon dps setup and did an aoe chain + gilgamesh aoe finish and one shot all of the pumpkins, then it was back to the slow and steady setup for the final part.

If you aren't able to one shot the pumpkins, the fight is significantly harder, and I was failing a few times trying to make a team to tank up during the pumpkin phase. Beat it first try after one rounding the adds.

Edit: Here's my old post with more details on the setup I used: Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Last edited:

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
That is not chasing a rainbow.

I wasn't trying to imply that 10k lapis was a lot. Just stating why I stopped there. Like Bruce said I've gotten an inordinate amount of rainbows already. Ayaka was the one I spent the highest number of resources on.

Aevian, Illusionist Nichol seems to be an alternative way to do tanking if you pair him with a character with max evasion, Sinzar knows more about it. Also Jake is a great starter dps for his innate dual wield, even if his weapon selection is a bit limited.

For awakening mats, do the rookie quests for your first batch. Then king mog events offer 30 of each type at a discounted rate of special currency you get for doing the attached special event. We had a few waves of story events that dumped some mats into our laps; not sure if similar events are coming soon.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
Any advice for Sheraten? The whole 10 man thing is a bit overwhelming. I can’t find any really good guides either. Easy version was easy but the hard version I can’t seem to wrap my head around.

I'll try to get you a detailed writeup tomorrow while I'm at work.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider

Just to follow up on this, you made me go back and look over Sheratan and realize I didn't complete the under 20 turns mission last time. I went back with a different setup from my last kill and took her out in like 6 turns. Trance Terra is so damn overpowered. Anyway, here's a video of me quickly killing Sheratan featuring TT:

My setup also kinda heavily relies on a 100% evasion tank so that I can skip using a healer, and I'm not sure if you farmed the gear to run someone with 100% evasion yet, so you may need to make some adjustments if going with a traditional tank. Either way, Trance Terra makes one shotting the pumpkins a ton easier, and I know you have that piece of the puzzle!

Sidenote, the game is just trolling me with the announcement feature:

pic.jpg

Really game, you're just teasing me now :(