Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Zynth

N00b
Pretty much where I am too. I really hate daily quests. The game itself should be enough to make you want to play. Logging on just to fulfill dailies is what killed Brave Frontier for me too.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
It's kind of a strange situation they have. They rain down free lapis and summon tickets constantly, but the rates for summoning non-shit units is so terrible it doesn't even matter. The latest event isn't so bad at least, compared to the last few. You basically have to dump 900 lapis into the premium recipe package, since anyone who tries to craft the ~100,000 cakes needed for the good stuff by using the free recipe is insane. It's not a bad deal though, because using the premium recipe, you can get every single good item and a bunch of leftover from this event by only running 2-4 explorations per day, and that includes 10 summoning tickets (a 5,000 lapis value), so it's win-win all around.

I got my first TM reward (Gungir spear) from overnight macroing recently, and soon I'll have doublehand, ultima, and barrage as well. I also started work on rising sun and kaiser knuckles, but those will take a while to finish unless trust moogles start to become more common.

I'm still salty about missing the mark on all the top tier units, but it seems each time I blow through my tickets and lapis, within a week or two I have it all back again from the shower of free gifts, so I feel less bad. Until I'm cockblocked on content tuned only for meta units, I'll keep playing and doing a few summons a week with the free gifts. One day I'll jackpot and get an actual top tier hero...

Terra and Kefka got 6* upgrades in japan recently, so at least someday in the distant future, I'll have a full 6* team of mages.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
I blew a bunch of lapis on the recipe, forge slots (oops), alchemy slots, and material slots this morning. then i realized i was going to have to farm explorations for weeks to take advantage of it and im dreading it. i hope its all worth it :0

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Ugh i am so bottlenecked by flour. i could make about 8 premium cakes with other ingredients.

Zynth

N00b
Same. Is there a place that can help balance out the drops or do we just curse Gumi for giving us the old Holiday Dick again?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I've been almost exclusively running dwarven forge, and I have a fairly even supply of all the ingredients. Did you buy the premium recipe? I know the lower recipes need more ingredients per cake, so maybe that's why. I also have a Locke on my farming team, though I don't know how much his treasure find passive helps, if at all.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
I have the premium and bring a locke friend to dwarf forge every time. i still keep 3 slots running full time itd just tedious as hell. I think this game might just be too grindy for me these days. its just nothing but boring massive repetition. its a shame because i love the sprites and they could make a decent game out of the combat.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I said a few days ago this event was a big improvement, and it still is compared to the shit like that abyss event, but yeah, after a week of spending most of my time in the game grinding an exploration, it's starting to get on my nerves. People who play the japan version talk about how challenging some of the later content is, and that's what I'm looking forward to.

So far the only thing that's been even a tiny bit hard has been the two final colloseum bosses, and that was because I did them both 2-3 months ago when we had like nothing for equipment or OP units. I bet if I went and fought frost dragon again with my current team I could probably crush him.

WTB content that validates all the time spent grinding...

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Finally finished off the cake event. Bought all the tickets, screamroot, non-craftable consumables, magicite, quartz, mace, shield, moogle, and the misc cheap stuff like sacred crystals. I was planning to get the hp and mp materia also, but I really don't feel like grinding another 50k cakes.

Now back to afk TM farming in earth shrine...

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I gotta figure out how to do the TM farming...

edit: what do I do with the mogcake boxes?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Boxes can be sold for a tiny bit of gold, the actual cakes go into the item section (not material).

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
For anyone still farming cake shit, I think I figured out the flour problem. I was using Locke friends for all my explorations, but when I stopped doing that and just took a 400+ ATK Chizuru or Firion instead I went from averaging barely 300 flour per run to almost 600. It seems like part of Locke's "bonus" is to push common stuff off the loot table to make room for uncommon and rares. I had assumed he just gave you a better chance of getting the double ingredient drop which happens occasionally with or without him around.

Still pretty fed up with the game though, between the focus on explorations which bore the shit out of me and the horrible banner events. Tried to get Terra in prep for her 6* which makes her even better than Exdeath and failed miserably once again. Got Leo on the first pull, then a whole bunch of worthless shit. Not even a single unit with a TM worth doing someday. Still don't have a single unit with Barrage or even Full Break (until 6* Rain) so I feel like I'm just wasting my time. If they ever do add in challenging content I'm fucked without those skills.

It'd be a lot less frustrating if something hadn't happened with Nox and now it crashes the VM as soon as I try to run FFBE. Reinstalling the game and even Nox itself didn't help. I'd really like to be able to automate both shitty exploration events like this, and TM farming once the event ends.

Last edited:

Zynth

N00b
Probably just a coincidence. I used my Locke friends when I was first running Forge but started using Chizuru and other high attack friends to make clearing smoother and I'm still at a huge flour deficit.

I've also been leveling a Terra but I was wondering if everyone else is gearing her as a pure healer or with magic items? I have her with mostly mag equipment except where spr items are way better.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
It's funny... because I have enough flour to last a life time but I'm always in single digit eggs.

ramp

Silver Knight of the Realm
It runs fine for me in nox, but this baking stuff is quite tedious. Always short on Flour, but then I only run miranda coast, or story dwarf - north if i want to burn energy.
Can't complain about pulls, but this needs some more fun content to do soon.

Vorph

Dwarven Forge has been much better for flour than Miranda Coast in my experience (and the reddit data collection spreadsheet agrees: ~500 flour for Forge vs. ~363 flour for Coast). If you're using Nox there are AHK scripts for automating both of them. Remember that the shit stops dropping after the Thursday reset, but King Mog hangs around for another week. That's 6300 flour per crafting slot needed to keep crafting right up until the end. I've got three slots and no surplus flour saved yet (and no Nox).... joy.

Dropping Locke does indeed appear to have been coincidental to my flour problems going away. It IS true that Treasure Hunter increases the rarity of item drops as I said, however all of the cake ingredients are the same rarity so it won't affect them. Also, there are two specific fights in each Dwarven Forge clear that are programmed to always drop double ingredients; Locke has no effect on this either.

Player's Choice banner is coming this weekend finally. Chizuru, WoL, Kefka, Lenna, and CoD won. Chizuru and WoL are 4* units so don't count on getting them. It's too bad people voted for WoL instead of Vaan, because Vaan is still the superior Full Break unit and he's only 3* so you might have actually been able to get him. I've got 4 Kefkas and 3 Lennas, so I'm sure RNGesus will give me several more of each and still no CoD. Lightning banner should be happening soon, but I don't see the point in saving a ton of pulls for a 5* that you have pretty much zero chance of getting even at boosted rates. I think I might just dump all my tickets and 15k lapis and if I still don't get WoL and Chizuru then I'm done.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Banner doesn't have Cecil on it? Really? The one unit I want more than any other...

I also have Kefka and Lenna already, so CoD is the only unit I want that has a realistic drop chance. Not sure if worth it...

Vorph

Could be a lot worse (I've gotten two 4* Shadows recently) and at least Shantotto has a very nice TM reward if you're into that grinding nonsense.

Not really surprised Cecil didn't make the cut. He's not particularly useful for anything now, and I would assume that there will be banners that coincide with the release of 6* upgrades.