Final Fantasy I-VI Pixel Remaster Series

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Final Fantasy III was $79.99 in 1994, that's only $20 more even without inflation accounted for!

• 1Smuggly
Reactions: 1 user

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
I missed the boat too unless there's going to be more physical copies made. Although I don't think I would pay 100 bucks just for FF4 and 6. I could care less about the others, though I would probably play through them again.

They’ll probably make more. Too much easy money….

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wish there was a way to fix the font on consoles. I had heard about the font complaints on pc, but figured people were just being picky. Then I saw the video posted yesterday showing it and yeah it’s squashed and doesn’t match the number font at all. Terrible. I really want to play it on the couch though and not in the office on the pc so I guess I will just have to get used to it. Bummer

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
They’ll probably make more. Too much easy money….

I'm really over all this "Limited Run" type bullshit that has gained popularity with publishers in the last few years. Artificially drive up demand by making something scarce, probably cost themselves money in the process by not doing a normal goddamn release.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
April 19th for Switch and...PS4? $75 for the bundle of all 6.

At least they improved the font and give you an option to switch between the original and new music.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, 3 is quite good. 1 is good too but it might just be because I grew up with it.

I got a PS4 physical copy from Playasia for $85 during a brief window of availability, only to almost immediately get an email from them saying they made a mistake and the game won't actually get a physical PS4 release. They refunded the money. Now I'm just confused because I'm pretty sure it IS getting a physical PS4 release.

If anyone knows what's goin on lemme know.

I expect to have to get them digitally and one by one like on the phone versions (which I avoided 5 out of 6 of since I knew the console versions would be along sooner or later).

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Cool. Hopefully they patch the PC versions to have the nonshit font. Then Rajaah Rajaah will have to play through them again.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Cool. Hopefully they patch the PC versions to have the nonshit font. Then Rajaah Rajaah will have to play through them again.

They would have to be on Playstation for that cause I only keep track of PS trophies. I'm not a madman. If they get a PS5 version later... I'LL DO IT, DOUBLE PLATINUM X6

I'm kinda glad this year's EQ TLP sucks cause I was trying to figure out how I'd fit that in with this Final Fantasy collection coming out near the same time. Now I don't have to worry about it!

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think I"ll end up getting 6 for sure. Maybe 5. I've played 4 about 4 times

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Only played FF1 on phones. It was a good remake and easily my preferred way to play FF1 now. Didn't go beyond 1 cause I was hoping for console versions.

Gonna go through all six once they're out. They're all worth playing, except maybe FF2 which you have to really be a series fan to get anything out of. I think I could beat all of them pretty quick at this point so we're not talking a huge time investment. Except FF5, that one takes a while. People are gonna be surprised how short, say, FF4 is at this point when they get to the end in like 7 hours.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This seems like an easy buy as soon as I finish Chained Echoes... Rajaah you played them all right? I forget your criticism/downsides to this but I'm certainly no purist and this will be a purely nostalgia buy for me, so maybe I won't care about the changes.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Only played FF1 on phones. It was a good remake and easily my preferred way to play FF1 now. Didn't go beyond 1 cause I was hoping for console versions.

Gonna go through all six once they're out. They're all worth playing, except maybe FF2 which you have to really be a series fan to get anything out of. I think I could beat all of them pretty quick at this point so we're not talking a huge time investment. Except FF5, that one takes a while. People are gonna be surprised how short, say, FF4 is at this point when they get to the end in like 7 hours.
It’s more like 20, unless you’re talking about playing with some kind of fast forward.

Chris

Potato del Grande

Just going to quote myself since play time is coming up, didn't do much grinding or extra stuff, was usually underlevelled on final bosses:

Final Stats:

FF1 - 12:01 Play Time
Lv47 White Mage/Warrior/Thief/Black Mage

FF2 - 14:40 Play Time

FF3 - 14:07 Play Time

Lv50 Ninja/Devout/Magus/Ninja

FF4 - 14:25 Play Time
Lv59

FF5 - 23:58 Play Time
Lv37 Monk&Ranger/White Mage&Blue Mage/Summoner&Time Mage/Monk&Ranger

FF6 - 29:10 Play Time
Lv38 Terra/Lv38 Celes/Lv38 Edgar/Lv35 Sabin/Lv34 Locke/Lv27 Mog/Lv25 Setzer (rest were useless).

No speedups or godmode or other games journalist features. Autobattle was a big help though.

None of them were 7 hours.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I remember a few years ago replaying ff4 and was shocked my play time was sub 20 hours. Don’t remember exactly what it was but definitely remember wondering why I thought it was so long when I was a kid.

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
I remember a few years ago replaying ff4 and was shocked my play time was sub 20 hours. Don’t remember exactly what it was but definitely remember wondering why I thought it was so long when I was a kid.
I generally would grind to 99 on first run then try to beat as low of a level as I could on the second as a kid. Playing these 30 years later you also know generally how everything is laid out so it's gonna go a lot faster.